Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Why is there so much interest in a guy, that has rarely played for us. Lets concentrate on the ones that are committed to the club and not bother on the ones that are not.
People have written, that he showed promise, what did he do that was so promising??

the kid can jump and take a mark is quick and is the x factor we need the powers that be at tigerland see this and have left the door open for him

Tigion said:
the kid can jump and take a mark is quick and is the x factor we need the powers that be at tigerland see this and have left the door open for him
JON had the x factor according to Miller. Ill take the Jake Kings over the x factors anyday.

yandb said:
Given the way this has panned out the question on my mind is has another team been in his ear and trying to poach him.

If he doesn't return to fulfil his end of his contract, should be banned form nominating for the draft for three years minimum.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
If he doesn't return to fulfil his end of his contract, should be banned form nominating for the draft for three years minimum.
Agreed.
At least for the same period as the kids that refuse to go to GC or GWS.

Read somewhere the other day that Troy Taylor has been back in touch with the club, according to Benny Gale, who said that previously he had not been talking to the club.

No mention of what that all meant though at the end of the day, but for him to bring it up, they must hold out some hope of a return.

gustiger12 said:
Read somewhere the other day that Troy Taylor has been back in touch with the club, according to Benny Gale, who said that previously he had not been talking to the club.

No mention of what that all meant though at the end of the day, but for him to bring it up, they must hold out some hope of a return.

Thanks Gus, I want a smiley with fingers crossed :)

be pretty upset if i was a rookie who worked my arse off to get a few games only to have this over rated hack get it given to him. try hard or nick off

gustiger12 said:

"Hi Benny, where's my house?"

Let's just see how this pans out.
You would think that if he wanted to return the players or at least the leadership Group would be involved in that decision. If the players are happy about it then I will be too.
But you suspect there is a lot to happen before we get to that stage.

Sintiger said:
Let's just see how this pans out.
You would think that if he wanted to return the players or at least the leadership Group would be involved in that decision. If the players are happy about it then I will be too.
But you suspect there is a lot to happen before we get to that stage.

Agree

Sin summed it up pretty well. You don't want one guy getting special treatment or favours, but at the same time you have to recognise that Taylor is an unusual case. So far I think the club has handled it very well, no pandering to an immature kid, just letting him know he's wanted and then getting on with the business of winning games. Any kid who loves footy (but seemingly hates Melbourne) could not fail to have his interest piqued by seeing his erstwhile teammates enjoying some success. I hope he comes back because he could add another dimension to the team. Hardly a hack as stated a few posts back; a very talented player in my eyes.

As with most things these days, it's great to be able to say I'll back the club on this one.

I wonder if hes getting any financial support from the club atm.
Most jobs dont pay ya if you dont show up for work.

spook said:
As with most things these days, it's great to be able to say I'll back the club on this one.

I'm happy to back the club on this, but I'll be surprised if he does end up becoming a player for us. We took the punt, and it isn't hurting us to keep trying to make it work, at this stage.

gold1 said:
We should allow him back. Everyone can go AWOL at sometime.
Agree with this - I'd love to see him back and playing well - but it would be on the Club's terms.
Who knows - in five years time we could all be looking back and remembering this recent stuff as just a short term blip from the past.
Of course - nothing might happen and in five years time - no one will even remember who he was.
So be it.