Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

gold1 said:
We should allow him back.Everyone can go AWOL at sometime.

Disagree with this, I was gutted when he left but since he's been gone we hardly miss him. Im pretty sure going AWOL isn't an option in my job, if I left the state for more than 1 day I'd be told not to come back.....if he comes back he's just going to leave again.

Don't waste the time and effort in him. Cut our losses move on and let FJ find someone who's willing to put 100% in.

I imagine he would be pretty unfit so any chance of him getting in good enough shape to play AFL let alone VFL this season is looking a bit slim.

His actions this time seem to be driven by selfishness than anything else. Unless he commits 100% and stops carrying on with this victim mentality he can take a permanent hike.

good luck to the troubled kid...i hope everything works out fine for him either way...im certainkly happy for to come back if thats what the club and him both wants....the kid had /has obvious talent

gold1 said:
We should allow him back.Everyone can go AWOL at sometime.

Don't know about the "we" but I'm sure the Club will weigh up the pros and cons, especially if he has real talent, if that's what he has, because it's hard enough to find, let alone foster and develop. But agree with your yielding sentiments on this - not many kids come with a rap sheet (an I'm not talking snoop doggy) so it is deserving of some special handling.

It aint hurting us to have his talent on the list whilst we wait for him to grow up. Can't sustain this luxury for too long though.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I spoke to a prominant journo some 2 days ago who is very much in the know on this particular issue with Troy and he told me unequivocally - 'he's gone'.

Read into that what you want.

George Best walked out on Manchester United two weeks after joining them as a 16 year old. Went home due to homesickness and had a good think about things.

In the end, he asked the club for another chance. They gave it to him and the rest is history.

If Taylor wants to come back, by all means, but on our terms, and he has to ask.

Well for taylor to kick goals for Richmond he has to:

decide to come back
convince the club
come back
get fit
show form at Coburg
Do enough to get past at least 3 of Riewoldt Miller Post Vickery Griffiths
get selected
get put on the ground
and then beat his opponent

and keep his focus the entire time

Good luck Troy 8)

gustiger12 said:
Read somewhere the other day that Troy Taylor has been back in touch with the club, according to Benny Gale, who said that previously he had not been talking to the club.

No mention of what that all meant though at the end of the day, but for him to bring it up, they must hold out some hope of a return.
Probally rang up to see if he,s any chance to play against the Bombers next week.

Aliti said:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I spoke to a prominant journo some 2 days ago who is very much in the know on this particular issue with Troy and he told me unequivocally - 'he's gone'.

Barrett was it?

DirtyDogTiger said:
Well for taylor to kick goals for Richmond he has to:

decide to come back
convince the club
come back
get fit
show form at Coburg
Do enough to get past at least 3 of Riewoldt Miller Post Vickery Griffiths
get selected
get put on the ground
and then beat his opponent

and keep his focus the entire time

Good luck Troy 8)
And gain the respect of his teamates.

Aliti said:

Have heard the same thing. If he was a chance to return it would be in the media. The club has moved on from TT.

gustiger12 said:
Read somewhere the other day that Troy Taylor has been back in touch with the club, according to Benny Gale, who said that previously he had not been talking to the club.

No mention of what that all meant though at the end of the day, but for him to bring it up, they must hold out some hope of a return.
Im hoping we get a pick in the mid 20's in return.

Sorry, but he can stay up there. I can handle it once, but twice...

As George W Bush once said: Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice...can't fool me again.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Sorry, but he can stay up there. I can handle it once, but twice...

As George W Bush once said: Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice...can't fool me again.
Exactly