Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

It's a real shame. But the wildly polarising opinions in here are just strange and frankly a little disturbing. The issues here are "personal" - and by definition means it's about what's going on in somebody's head and in their closer relationships. This is something that we, as supporters, have no chance of ever understanding.

All we can do is watch and hope.

We certainly shouldn't be relying on a rag like the H-Sun to fill the gaps with their made up and second hand bs.

Actually, I congratulate the club on continuing to hold out the olive branch. It is a huge adjustment Troy is making and his life up to to when the club drafted him was not a model of achievement and self discipline. Hopefully he will listen to his family and give it another try.

I reckon Troy will get his wish and end up spending a lot of time in a big house.

hopper said:
It's a real shame. But the wildly polarising opinions in here are just strange and frankly a little disturbing. The issues here are "personal" - and by definition means it's about what's going on in somebody's head and in their closer relationships. This is something that we, as supporters, have no chance of ever understanding.

All we can do is watch and hope.

We certainly shouldn't be relying on a rag like the H-Sun to fill the gaps with their made up and second hand bs.

Yes, well said.

From quoted words read, it appears that there has been a broken trust issue somewhere, but this is often a matter of personal interpretation.

As said, I'm not so concerned about this matter as a one off.

I'm more concerned about it as part of a collection of failures within the relevant context.
Not blaming anyone.
Just wish there was an identifiable reason for what appears to be a continuing trend at the RFC.

I think the "house" claim is just a smokescreen. If it weren't the house it'd the "car" or that they "don't care" or some other reason. If he doesnt want to play he doesnt want to play. So be it.

Apart from being paid his salary.
What the :eek: has he done for the club to reward him with a house?
Hes lucky we dont come after him for breaking his contract.

Phantom said:
Not blaming anyone.
Just wish there was an identifiable reason for what appears to be a continuing trend at the RFC.

Sounds like you're blaming RFC to me.

GoodOne said:
Sounds like you're blaming RFC to me.

Not blaming the RFC.

But clearly it is the RFC's problem.

A few of the Melbourne indigenous players live around the corner from me and often use the local oval to have a relaxed kick. They share a house that Melbourne organised for them and one of the fathers relocated to Melbourne to look after the boys.

Spoken to the father a few times, they all enjoy playing with Melbourne and wouldn't look elsewhere.
Melbourne have assisted by relocating some of the younger junior brothers of these players to play in the local junior competitions too.

That's the way Melbourne do it, everyone seems happy, and we can see that in the performances of Melbourne's indigenous players.

A good example is Austin Wonaeamirri.
Last season he was plagued by leg injury and he was gaining weight quickly.
Most would have thought him going out the back door.
Instead, Melbourne have him turned around, focused, and performing at senior level.

When the RFC can build a group such as Davey, Bennell, Jurrah, Jetta & Wonaeamirri, and have them performing as well as these, then the Tiges won't have a problem.

I'm only using Melbourne as an example I can personally connect with, but other clubs - Port, Carlton, Essendon, et al, seem to do it as well as the Dees.

jb03 said:
If he plays it will be with us. Collingwood are no chance. I would hang in there - he is very young.

Meanwhile he's lost a lot of conditioning and development by being absent for nearly 7 months....I wouldn't persist with him now unless he's back at the club within 2 weeks.

TIGERARMY67 said:
Wasn't he living with other RFC players?

Yep, I'm pretty sure he was living with other rookie players in a shared house and after he took off the first time Morton took him under his wing and he was living with Morton.

So it's not like he didn't have a place to live, he did, we also moved his family down to Melbourne so they could be together, but is now crying wolf that we didn't do enough, even though we are the ONLY reason he isn't in jail.

This is the risk of recruiting from interstate.

This is the second time his left the club to consider his future. The club should cut their loses and delist him when they can.

No use having a player that isnt sure they want to be at the club. This may distract other players.

Taylor wasnt a standout from what I saw so no great lose. He was lucky to be drafted and should be proud to wear the yellow and black.

Phantom said:
Not blaming the RFC.

But clearly it is the RFC's problem.

A few of the Melbourne indigenous players live around the corner from me and often use the local oval to have a relaxed kick. They share a house that Melbourne organised for them and one of the fathers relocated to Melbourne to look after the boys.

Spoken to the father a few times, they all enjoy playing with Melbourne and wouldn't look elsewhere.
Melbourne have assisted by relocating some of the younger junior brothers of these players to play in the local junior competitions too.

That's the way Melbourne do it, everyone seems happy, and we can see that in the performances of Melbourne's indigenous players.

A good example is Austin Wonaeamirri.
Last season he was plagued by leg injury and he was gaining weight quickly.
Most would have thought him going out the back door.
Instead, Melbourne have him turned around, focused, and performing at senior level.

When the RFC can build a group such as Davey, Bennell, Jurrah, Jetta & Wonaeamirri, and have them performing as well as these, then the Tiges won't have a problem.

I'm only using Melbourne as an example I can personally connect with, but other clubs - Port, Carlton, Essendon, et al, seem to do it as well as the Dees.
l would think that austin wouldnt be a great example as in a recent interview he said he very nearly didnt come back to melbourne for the pre season after the break

casper68 said:
l would think that austin wouldnt be a great example as in a recent interview he said he very nearly didnt come back to melbourne for the pre season after the break
That was due to the death of his father wasn't it and clearly torn with family in that instance?

shawry said:
That was due to the death of his father wasn't it and clearly torn with family in that instance?
yes that is true but he still considered not coming back so not a great example in my opinion

Id just forget about drafting Aboriginal players full stop unless they are champing at the bit to come to Melbourne and really want to be there,l and express and show a keen desire to play for the Tigers.