Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

I thought I read somewhere that we had moved some of his family down to Melbourne so they could live together? ???

Gimme a house, not doing for me...
Good riddance, what have you done for the club, that helped keep you out of jail, and gave you a chance at a dream held by millions of Aussies?
Happy to see him go back "and do nothing", as his mother puts it!

I hate to use it twice in two days but - Typical entitlement mentality. (and before the p.c. thought police and lunar leftists get all antsy, I mean of his generation, not his race.)

Joe Lynn Turnip said:
I hate to use it twice in two days but - Typical entitlement mentality. (and before the p.c. thought police and lunar leftists get all antsy, I mean of his generation, not his race.)
*smile* off. ::)

Sweeping generalisations again about Gen Y. How about the other 99% of players in Gen Y? Do they have entitlement issues? :blah

Does anyone else get the feeling this kid was just taking the club for a ride?

We were the only club who had the balls to take this kid under there wing, we kept him out of jail, paid him more money then he could dream of for playing the game he obviously enjoys playing.

We take him out of a bad environment set him up with the best people to help him through this tough time, I'm also pretty sure I read that the club paid to bring the mother down to Melbourne so they could be together.

And then after all that he takes off because we didn't buy him a house?

*smile* off you little rat, ungrateful selfish kid who deserves nothing but *smile*!

Danog said:
p!ss off. ::)

Sweeping generalisations again about Gen Y. How about the other 99% of players in Gen Y? Do they have entitlement issues? :blah

Firstly, settle petal. ::)

Secondly, I'm willing to bet that as we're always being told football is a reflection of society, a lot of them probably do.

At what point do we shut the door? He wants a house unless we promised him a house then he should earn his house by playing and earning a better contract and he could buy his house. It is very disappointing I was so happy we took the punt on him I thouhgt he would give it a go and we had a bargain in getting him. But I think it fair to say if he comes back late in the season it would be only to get a contract extension . He either comes back now or he pisses off and in fact he should be forced to pay the club back for their assistance to him when he went to court. If he isn't back by the mid season point then he can bugger off and when we win our flag he can watch it on his tv in his cell and can smile off.

jb03 said:
The article says we haven't bought him a house - why wouldn't we just buy him a house?
Her Majesty will likely put a roof over his head shortly.

How many clubs have used a National draft pick on a kid who had just served time in a Youth Jail for Armed Robbery and Assault?

We gave him a chance.

A month later he bashed someone,we gave him another chance.

12 months later he walked out on us,we gave him yet another chance. (our coach was about to postpone a family holiday to America to personally fly to WA to bring him back).

He then wanted Mummy and family to come and live in Melbourne with him,so we helped with that.

He now claims we aren`t doing enough for him,not helping him get a house,so he walks out again (leaving his Mum in Melbourne after he`d wanted her to move down here)

And still we`re offering him another chance.

Next he`ll be complaining that the servant at the club who wipes his bum is only using the cheap 1 ply paper.

Think you are all taking the "I want a house quote" a little too literally. The quote was from his mother who was replaying her conversation with him. He may have just been asking for his own place to stay, as opposed to sharing with other players. It doesnt say I want them to buy me a house. He may have just wanted help with a rental to stay with his family. We don't know the full facts, and that article was obviously written to provoke reaction". Note the "...." bit In the I want a house quote indicating they cut out a whole bunch of what she said for full effect.

Cut the kid some slack he is 18 and from a completely different culture, and is homesick.

With that said, it's time to move on for the club.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
If I could get odds about Sam Edmund visiting this thread and lapping up the vitriol, I'd take them.

Yeah, the article certainly encouraged the reader to take a certain conclusion.

Not that I particularly blame the journalist, it doesn't look good for Troy. The Jorno could have also gone with the line that Troy was supporting his family (mum) with his footy salary but walked out anyway

if he comes back, for howerver long, I will back the club to give him another shot at extracting his reported massive footy ablity. Who knows we might get a season out of him and trade him for a 2nd rounder.
[flying pig smiley]

But he'd be absolutely on his last chance.

But could he really ever get a game ahead of Vickery Griffiths Riewoldt when they are fit anyway?

He'd only be covering injuries anyway.

Just get him back. What ever it takes. Lots of down sides yes, BUT if he has the chance to be as good as everyone hopes he's worth the trouble for now. Let him live his mun, brother what ever it takes.

ParisAmos said:
Just get him back. What ever it takes. Lots of down sides yes, BUT if he has the chance to be as good as everyone hopes he's worth the trouble for now. Let him live his mun, brother what ever it takes.
Has he got a roof over his head? Is he getting paid by the club to train and develop? Has he been treated the same as all the other kids at the club and given the same opportunites for the same wage?

If yes, boot him. He therefore is selfish and doesn't want to put in the hard yards to deserve what he gets.
If no, why not. The club needs to take a good hard look at itself.

Given that he has taken off twice and had quite a number of top people trying to assist him and he hasn't responded, I would be inclined to think that the answer is yes to those questions and the problem lies with him and in his head. Any player that cannot do the team thing in a team game should go. :wave

Eddie will be licking his lips and will have people in Darwin talking to him about joining the scum next year. A house in Collingwood is cheap.