Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

I think any chance of him coming back are truley shot now. An update would have been nice but suspect the club wants to distance themselfs from the negative publicity this story brings.

I've forgotten about him already. I get a surprise every weekend when updating PYMPS to see some optimists still have him in their pledges.

Smoking Aces said:
I am not sure if they have publicly said anything but from what I know they have done everything possible to get him back. The club has gone above and beyond to help this kid.

Done enough, now lets move him on and promote Contin. Put him on the long term injury list for pulling a heart muscle!

Skills said:
By information I assume you are stating "facts rather than opinions?
Here's a fact, stop living on a glimmer of hope, cause premierships aren't won like that.
He wont be coming back to Richmond.

Yes. By facts I mean information, not opinions. I haven't heard any updates, so was just wondering what the latest is, thats all.

No, I am not living on any glimmer of hope. I agree with peoples posts from today, delist, forget. I stated this earlier when the news first broke.

Unbelieveable really. I am fan of Troys ability. Ok he had to go to court, thats fair enough. And then he has to go home for a while during pre season, I can unserstand that too.

But then he is off after round 1? The season gets going and he's out of here, when he should be excited and working his butt off to get a game, and he would be a chance to get a game at the moment too.

Most young kids with potential would give their left one for a chance at AFL level. But we are trying to talk this kid into having a go.

I have nothing but praise for what Dimma etc are doing. But I think they need to learn a lesson here. Much better to go for a kid with a great attitude from a good background who you know wants to make it, rather than a kid with potential but question marks over him

mld said:
Worth a punt at that stage of the draft, didn't come off. Can't win them all.

I know what you are saying, but I don't think it is worth a punt.

Before the draft, the recruiters know the kids background, their family, teachers, attitude, intellect etc etc. If you can't choose between 2 kids, you go for the one from the better background, or with better attitude.

I don't think taking a punt is good enough. When a kids name is called at the draft, you should know what you are getting, attitude wise at least. You should know that the kid you draft wants to make it, wants it bad. At least then you have a kid ready to go, then obviuosly it is all about development, not about making him want to stay.

Probably no point burning our bridges at this stage. If Taylor changes his mind, I'm sure be made to work pretty hard to get back in favour. If he returns at the end of the season when his contract and money are about to run out though...

Jack said:
I know what you are saying, but I don't think it is worth a punt.

Before the draft, the recruiters know the kids background, their family, teachers, attitude, intellect etc etc.  If you can't choose between 2 kids, you go for the one from the better background, or with better attitude. 

I don't think taking a punt is good enough.  When a kids name is called at the draft, you should know what you are getting, attitude wise at least.  You should know that the kid you draft wants to make it, wants it bad.  At least then you have a kid ready to go, then obviuosly it is all about development, not about making him want to stay.

how do you value a sh!t attitude as a gamble or risk and how many draft positions is that gamble/risk worth?

If true, very disappointing.
The RFC has really tried over the last few years to develop indigenous juniors without success.

However, realistically, the RFC needs to realise that it is not succeeding somewhere along the line, whereas other clubs are.
Why isn't the RFC succeeding?

Not just Troy Taylor, but now a long list of boys that should've but didn't make it.

The indigenous juniors recruited by the RFC have been pretty much the same quality as all other clubs so it's not the recruiting department that is making the errors. Maybe it has something to do with the gap in development, once they get here. I don't know!

Can't gloss over it. Not a case of 'don't want to go there' or political correctness.

The only way the problem can be resolved, and it is the RFC's problem, is to confront it, isolate it & resolve it.

Otherwise the RFC loses a significant and very talented portion of the AFL junior footy pool.
And when you consider surnames like Rioli, Wanganeen, Burgoyne, McLeod, Goodes and many more, well, that's the RFC's loss.

I'll bite- Relton, That young fella recruited from Claremont a couple of years ago, Kakour (though I don't buy the crap talk about him now playing better), Jon, peterson, Tambo etc etc

I'm as disappointed as could be, nothing I like more than seeing Young Indig players strut it, just want to see them in the yellow and black.

Tigermad2005 said:
What list?

don't know about long list but there's definitely been a few now in recent times

krakouer
peterson
relton roberts
jon
taylor

that's a decent amount of talent. JON & taylor definitely the most dissappointing