Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

theglove3 said:
So with all the indigenous lads gone I ask what are they going to to with the new indigenous centre? Have all the other clubs indigenous players use it? Surely not.

If it was designed to help these kids find their feet with footy, living interstate and away from home and all the other benefits from it then I think it is safe to say it has been a failure of (in Dimma speak) Biblical proportions!

Any thoughts?

Gift horse. Mouth. Look away.

Baloo said:
I am under the impression that we don't have much to do with the indigenous centre. It's not football related in any way other then being housed at the greatest footy ground in the world.

This is my understanding too, it has bugger all to do with football. I did hear that our players would attend every now and then to discuss healthy living and the like

Phar Ace said:
Goody, goody, goody, think you might be drawing a long bow on the politician or science genius thing (but I enjoy your optimism ;D ).

But i do think there has been a paradigm shift in recruiting objectives in recent years whereby it might actually be OK to put someone on your list that has quite specific needs in the belief that a win-win situation could be reached. Watts at Melbourne is the most obvious, but I'm sure there are other less visible players being allowed certain timeframes that others are not - it would and should be on a case by case basis if the perception is there that talent is worth the accommodation.

There is a differenc between giving plenty of time to a player that wants to become a successful AFL player and one that just isn't sure about their priorities. Watts is in the former category and deserves every opportunity to realis his full potential. He will certainly have more chance having the right attitude. What I was referring to was giving too much time to a player who might not be playing by the rules of the club and therefore causing friction within the club due to preferential treatment on this basis.

Taylor needs to remain on the list till the end of the season as there is no advantage in the Tigers cutting ties now, but if there is not a dramatic improvement and certainty in Taylor's priorities and dedication by the end of the year, we need to cut him and move on. I understand he may have personal issues but hey, many people have personal issues that they have to deal with. In life you take your chances or regret the missed opportunity.

GoodOne said:
What I was referring to was giving too much time to a player who might not be playing by the rules of the club and therefore causing friction within the club due to preferential treatment on this basis.

MMmm, not playing by the rules or causing friction due to preferential treatment? I'm unconvinced anyone has noticed Troy being overly preferred. Be happy to be set straight when and if it becomes public knowledge. Quite apart from the lack of benefit in cutting Troy, the Club seems to be happy with its path so far given the developments.

theglove3 said:
So with all the indigenous lads gone I ask what are they going to to with the new indigenous centre? Have all the other clubs indigenous players use it? Surely not.

If it was designed to help these kids find their feet with footy, living interstate and away from home and all the other benefits from it then I think it is safe to say it has been a failure of (in Dimma speak) Biblical proportions!

Any thoughts?

I'm actually wondering what happens to "Dreamtime at the G"

Bit of a mockery if it turns into an us versus them celebration ;)

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Very disappointed to hear Benny Gale on SEN this arvo say that the club has compromised its standards to accommodate TT.

You just cannot have one set of rules for one player & one set for the rest.
That was always going to happen. Clubs talk tough but when they have a player they think is going to be a good player they will try everything to make them happy, get them back etc....I am sure at the time they felt they were doing what was best for the club and TT.

Sir said:
I'm actually wondering what happens to "Dreamtime at the G"

Bit of a mockery if it turns into an us versus them celebration ;)

we rename it "Nightmare at the G"

theglove3 said:

Any thoughts?

The club is a learning centre for indigenous people. It wasn't built specially to cater for our indigenous players who have just moved into the AFL but for the indigenous community as a whole.

Pretty sure he left about 3 weeks ago now.

Where is he at? Is he coming back or not? What is the word?

Would appreciate anyone who has information, no opinions.

cheers

Jack said:
Would appreciate anyone who has information, no opinions.

By information I assume you are stating "facts rather than opinions?
Here's a fact, stop living on a glimmer of hope, cause premierships aren't won like that.
He wont be coming back to Richmond.

Smoking Aces said:
He cant even be contacted. Forget about him. Move on.

has the club said anything to this effect recently?

i doubt very much we will see him again, but you never know.

Brodders17 said:
has the club said anything to this effect recently?
I am not sure if they have publicly said anything but from what I know they have done everything possible to get him back. The club has gone above and beyond to help this kid.