Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

TigerMad said:
I think that you can't just keep blaming the players and saying Richmond is just unlucky, again.
It doen't matter if the club thinks that they are doing a good job with indigenous recruits.
The fact is, this is not an isolated case, 3 walk outs in two years.
Time to lokk at making some changes to the current system of itergrating these boys.

The definition of stupidity ' doing the same thing over and expecting a different result'

peterson walked out on the club that smashed us last night. It happens to clubs at bothe sides of the ladder

TigerMad said:
I think that you can't just keep blaming the players and saying Richmond is just unlucky, again.
It doen't matter if the club thinks that they are doing a good job with indigenous recruits.
The fact is, this is not an isolated case, 3 walk outs in two years.
Time to lokk at making some changes to the current system of itergrating these boys.

The definition of stupidity ' doing the same thing over and expecting a different result'

i would say the indigenous centre aspect of the new facility will over time bear fruit
when it comes to future indigenous recruits...all part of the plan..

troy had issues before he was recruited from memory we took a chance, imagine the
upside if we were able to help him through his issues...it didnt come off this time
but i would be disappointed if the club thought it was too hard in future...
also it sets a cultural precedent for our future when we are drafting kids whether indigenous
or not.

i hope troy finds the peace he is looking for.

simple, forget political correctness and softly softly approach dont recruit aboriginals unless the pass strict guidelines we set regardless of freakish abilities. Must have a brain, must have good work ethic and passion for the game and must come from good upbringing. Enough of being burnt by making wrong choices eg taylor roberts and many many more!

Good luck to him and probably not the most correct thing to say but I feel he is somewhat ungrateful. It was the fact he was listed at RFC that kept him out of gaol he did owe us something. I still have the feeling he will end up at another club.

thegdog said:
simple, forget political correctness and softly softly approach dont recruit aboriginals unless the pass strict guidelines we set regardless of freakish abilities. Must have a brain, must have good work ethic and passion for the game and must come from good upbringing. Enough of being burnt by making wrong choices eg taylor roberts and many many more!

What.... like Fev and Garry Ablett senior?

jimbob said:
Does anyone know if his departure date coincided with the end of his suspended sentence or whatever ?

I don't, but I strongly doubt Troy was being that calculated in his actions

jimbob said:
Does anyone know if his departure date coincided with the end of his suspended sentence or whatever ?

He was given a 3 month jail term,suspended for 2 years,on August 9 2010.

So his suspended sentence doesn`t end until August 9 2012.

It seems as though he is homesick and just doesn`t want to play AFL footy.

What are the rules in regards to the draft. If we delist him at the end of the season as is most likely does he have to actually nominate for the next draft or is it an automatic thing which is the way I thought it was?

brigadiertiger said:
What are the rules in regards to the draft. If we delist him at the end of the season as is most likely does he have to actually nominate for the next draft or is it an automatic thing which is the way I thought it was?

I believe he has to nominate himself.

Any chance that there's more to this story and Troy is a chance of returning and actually getting his head right??

Or is this a closed book??

taylors finished
can you put so much time into one bloke at the expense of the others on the list.
the blokes a recidivist.

Well I just head Eddie's comments he made on MMM, shown on footy classified "Carro's Arrow". He's thrown fuel on Troy going to scumwood rumour. Would love nothing more now to see this scum club fall down this year. Hopefully a few of their players get injured starting against us.

Tiger_4_Life said:
Well I just head Eddie's comments he made on MMM, shown on footy classified "Carro's Arrow". He's thrown fuel on Troy going to scumwood rumour. Would love nothing more now to see this scum club fall down this year. Hopefully a few of their players get injured starting against us.

What was said?

If that happened I'd be pretty p!ssed off. One of the main reasons Taylor probably isn't in jail is because of the Richmond FC.

Barnzy said:
What was said?

If that happened I'd be pretty p!ssed off. One of the main reasons Taylor probably isn't in jail is because of the Richmond FC.

Luke Darcy was explaining how Troy had left the club yet again and Eddie chimed in saying "oh he's gone back to Alice Springs...well don't worry he'll be back playing great footy for another club". Carro roasted him, basically saying that he should keep his nose out of these types of affairs, especially seeing as Troy leaving relates to indigenous issues. Such a cheap swipe at our club, pure disrespect, if Troy wants to go and play there he can....I've no doubt the RFC have done everything they can, and as you said Barnzy he would most likely be in jail had we not helped him through all of his issues. I remember the Carl Petersen affair, all the arrogant hawk supporters calling up radio and positing on the HUN comments saying how on earth we let such talent go, no wonder we're crap etc etc....I said to my mate that he had issues and would prove to be a nuiscance to HFC at some point, 4 weeks later he was gone. Troy will do the same thing.