Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Most of us probbly grew up knowing someone directly or indierectly who had the skill to play VFL/AFL but just didn't have the attitude and was quite happy just playing local footy, getting BOG every week and having a beer after the game.

I had a couple of mates just like that and often thought what a waste, but it was their lives and they lived it as they pleased.

If Troy doesn't want to play in the AFL, as crazy as we might think he is, just let him go and live life as he pleases.

premiers2011 said:
Most of us probbly grew up knowing someone directly or indierectly who had the skill to play VFL/AFL but just didn't have the attitude and was quite happy just playing local footy, getting BOG every week and having a beer after the game.

I had a couple of mates just like that and often thought what a waste, but it was their lives and they lived it as they pleased.

If Troy doesn't want to play in the AFL, as crazy as we might think he is, just let him go and live life as he pleases.

Good point. My uncle famously (in our family) knocked back a trial with the hawks because he didn't want to miss a much anticipated fotty trip with his amateur team.

Troy needs all the support the club can possibly provide but ultmately it is upto him to make the most of his opportunity as an AFl footballer.

TIGERARMY67 said:
Troy needs all the support the club can possibly provide but ultmately it is upto him to make the most of his opportunity as an AFl footballer.

Does that mean your rumour that we'd sacked him wasn't accurate if you think he still has an opportunity as an AFL footballer?

rosy23 said:
Does that mean your rumour that we'd sacked him wasn't accurate if you think he still has an opportunity as an AFL footballer?
Rosie if remember correctly i did say allegedly and i dont know if he will ever return to the club.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rosie I think we also need clarification on what can be posted on the Rumour Board!

Has potential, one more effort from the Tigers' football management to turn him around, a loss if we miss out but plenty to gain for the future.

So my question is who advised him to nominate for the draft ? He nominated we didn't hold a gun to his head. Troy should have put as much effort into thinking about his nomination as he does travelling back home and across the country.

I want him back for his obvious talents and am willing to give him time to sort himself out whether that takes a couple of months or even years.

The thing that annoys me is a waste of resources if he shows us no respect.

DirtyDogTiger said:
He's been gone over a week. I would have expected to have heard something by now
Just because we haven't heard doesn't mean the Club hasn't . You would expect that the club would not announce anything until they have something concrete to say . A running commentary is not the best way to go I would have thought .

Tigermad2005 said:
Lets hope GWS want him.

We'd get next to nothing for him if they were.

He was a 3rd/4th round pick who hasn't established himself and has left the club twice.

Sintiger said:
Just because we haven't heard doesn't mean the Club hasn't . You would expect that the club would not announce anything until they have something concrete to say . A running commentary is not the best way to go I would have thought .

Exactly Sinbad. Wouldn't care if we heard nothing for a month or more. The Club have had a really good chance to have look at him, hear him speak, see him operate, engage with him, invest in him. I can only guess but think they see something worth persuing, not giving up on just yet. There may well be some moral duty of care issues as well, but the sense I get is the Club is doing more than that. Patience is a virtue.

Bulbous, have mates who work for long stints in the Camps of which you speak, gutting (and I mean gutting) and re-newing housing there. It's thankless work worth tens of miilions. It's a complete puzzle though, like another planet they say. They know they'll be back again doing the same thing. We can't pretend we know much about Troy, in our paternal, comfortable, middle class existence. Good input mate!

When I consider what we do know Troy has done, I'm so glad he is getting repeated opportunities to redeem himself somehow. One may just land safely and stick, eventually. We have enough intelligent people who can explain what's going on without risk of resentment - and if someone Club-wise is resenting it, who does it say more about?

chickenspin said:
A story about home sickness....
I arrived in Australia in 1990 from Holland and have loved this country since day one.
All my family is still in Holland and NO I have never been homesick.
When my nephew (from Holland) turned 18 I bought him a ticket to come and live here for upto a year.
I even found him a job through some business contacts, before he even arrived.
Even with all the support he got from me and my family, a job, camping trips, beach trips, and more he lasted 20 (twenty) summer days.
He really missed his mates and that's who he wanted to be with and I could not change his mind.
As a last resort, we tried to get him on a bus trip to Queensland, but no, not interested.
He booked his return trip and that was it. Gone after 20 days, what a waste of an opportunity.

So the crux of your story is your son has lots of mates and you had none?

Phar Ace said:
No, that some people see the negative first before they recognise the positive :-X ;D

;D

Maybe he wasn't into male prostitution.

GoodOne said:
;D

Maybe he wasn't into male prostitution.

:hihi

Maybe...................... missed the connection............... is it a good job? :rofl