Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

rensman said:
How old is this boy? Maintain his rights and continue supporting and correcting him. How many chances was fevola given at Carlton. Troys only 15 yrs younger

And......your point ? We should give him as many chances as fev ? Fev had probably actually done more in a Carlton jumper than Troy has done in one of ours at the same stage of their careers.

Not much point in being all hairy-chested about this. My sympathy for Taylor is low, but I'm happy to trust our people to know whether it is worth persevering with this behaviour or not.

mld said:
Not much point in being all hairy-chested about this. My sympathy for Taylor is low, but I'm happy to trust our people to know whether it is worth persevering with this behaviour or not.

Agreed. Clearly my sympathy for Troy is low too - more so as we may be assembling a reasonable list & if he had developed his potential - could have been....well.....we'll never know.

Seems my sympathy is a bit higher. He's probably come on board from the least likely background circumstances. he's not going to manage a complete 180 in a year. The Club's patience is a very balanced approach. Whether there will be paydirt all round remains to be seen - but we won;t be left wondering.

I must have missed something ? He has walked out on the club hasn't he ? And this is the second time. Personally - i think we will end up wondering.......what might have been. Anyway - our opinions won't change anything.

Well, I for one hope that he saw the game on Friday night and realized what he is missing out on. I'm willing to cut the boy some slack.

Easy for us to say he's not being professional, but I would warrant that the environment that he's come from doesn't reek of everyday professionalism. Coming from the north down to Melb for some people is like going to another country.

The same thing happened with Marty McGrath & Carl Peterson - I'm hoping he returns because it would be a good story and add a much-needed element that is sorely missing from the forward line.

Phar Ace said:
Seems my sympathy is a bit higher. He's probably come on board from the least likely background circumstances. he's not going to manage a complete 180 in a year. The Club's patience is a very balanced approach. Whether there will be paydirt all round remains to be seen - but we won;t be left wondering.

Not sure how patient the club is feeling, however, we may as well try everything we can and make an executive decision at the end of the year based on all information available at the end of the year. He's on our list, we can't get him off it, so for now we do everything we can to get his head right and back on the straight and narrow.

Prospects are low but there's no other logical choice.

puregreen said:
Well, I for one hope that he saw the game on Friday night and realized what he is missing out on.

We can only hope though I'm not pinning my hopes on it.
My eyes really woke up to what some of these indigenous kids are facing when I saw that recent documentary.
If there's any chance left for Troy it would be great to see him fulfill his talent. Everyone is not the same.

Hard job growing up without a dad, hard job growing up in Alice. I think the club is right to give him time. Has anyone one of you posters ever been to a community in the Territory? If you've even looked at a town camp in Alice, they are horrendous, hell on earth would be a good way of describing them. Alice is a shocker. Growing up there would be a rough ride. Growing up Aboriginal in most places would mess with anyone. I understand not all of us have a sympathy for these conditions and focus purely on the footy. Me, well I am definitely a bleeding heart, softy for these things. I salute anyone who can even survive with so much dysfunction, racism etc in their world. It's a massive challenge for Troy, but i'd have him on the list any day on talent alone. Once he starts to trust the club, watch out.

fastin bulbous said:
If you've even looked at a town camp in Alice, they are horrendous, hell on earth would be a good way of describing them. Alice is a shocker. Growing up there would be a rough ride.

Did Troy live with his family in one of those Alice town camps fastin?

fastin bulbous said:
Hard job growing up without a dad, hard job growing up in Alice. I think the club is right to give him time. Has anyone one of you posters ever been to a community in the Territory? If you've even looked at a town camp in Alice, they are horrendous, hell on earth would be a good way of describing them. Alice is a shocker. Growing up there would be a rough ride. Growing up Aboriginal in most places would mess with anyone. I understand not all of us have a sympathy for these conditions and focus purely on the footy. Me, well I am definitely a bleeding heart, softy for these things. I salute anyone who can even survive with so much dysfunction, racism etc in their world. It's a massive challenge for Troy, but i'd have him on the list any day on talent alone. Once he starts to trust the club, watch out.

So why does he keep going back? Wouldn't he be glad that he has an opportunity to get himself, and his family out of that region with the money he's getting at Richmond?

IMO - just a weak minded individual with no discipline or ability to tough things out. Do you know of any other Aboriginal players that continually desert their clubs?

Not sure Rosy, but being an Aboriginal boy he would have probably have have had family on the town camps. I worked in a night youth drop in centre in Alice and have worked extensively with town camps and communities for a number of years. Which is where my opinions are coming from. I suppose the point someone made on here about different worlds rings really true. I have close friends who've grown up Aboriginal on communities and in towns. All of them have had difficulty coming to terms with Balanda or Gardiya (white) ways of being. Liam Jurrah and Troy Tailor come from vastly different cultural worlds and both of them would have massive adjustments moving to Melbourne. Me, I'm really happy that Richmond is giving Troy a chance. I'm assuming his trip at Christmas was to attend cultural business which if true is a real positive as it will instill discipline and belonging. It's not unusual that someone in the process of making massive changes wants to reference his peer group. I really do wish him all the best

rosy23 said:
Did Troy live with his family in one of those Alice town camps fastin?

Pretty sure he's actually a Darwin boy Rosie. So the story goes, he moved to Alice later in his teen years - after spending a bit of time in the little boys slammer - to get away from undesirable influences in Darwin. Whether he grew up in Darwin itself or some locality around Darwin, or any other intimate details of his life and upbringing....buggered if I know :-\. And I reckon that goes for everyone on here whether you're a self proclaimed 'bleeding heart' with arguments supporting Troy or one of those making harsh uninformed judgements, neither of you know any more than the rest of us :p.

thejinx said:
So why does he keep going back? Wouldn't he be glad that he has an opportunity to get himself, and his family out of that region with the money he's getting at Richmond?

IMO - just a weak minded individual with no discipline or ability to tough things out. Do you know of any other Aboriginal players that continually desert their clubs?

Poor comment imo, how would you know?
Not everyone is the same........personal issues like this effect everyone in different ways.
It's the clubs fault for recruiting him in the first place, they knew his situation beforehand.