Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

DirtyDogTiger said:
I'm softening. He might be back in training mid next week. CC called him a prodigious talent, which he is. He may just have needed a trip away.

imagaine if we made the final 8 and riewoldt was out with a corkie. we'd be sending out people to bring him in

If that scenario were to eventuate I would have thought there would be other players that have actually put in the hard yards that would be far more deserving than someone who ran away I could well imagine there would be some noses put out and some looking elsewhere and I would find it hard to stomach as well.

Streak said:
I wonder if he watched tonight and thought about his team-mates out there doing that without him.

How could you walk away from THAT ?

This kids hole just got deeper.

Streak said:
I wonder if he watched tonight and thought about his team-mates out there doing that without him.

Did he have team mates or were they just teem acquaintances? Never really heard anything to the contrary but anyone with inside info actually know if he was a good bloke or just real quiet and didn't fit in etc. Hard to imagine him getting along well with everyone and then just getting up and leaving.

Juffaricho said:
Did he have team mates or were they just teem acquaintances? Never really heard anything to the contrary but anyone with inside info actually know if he was a good bloke or just real quiet and didn't fit in etc. Hard to imagine him getting along well with everyone and then just getting up and leaving.

Have previously mentioned, I have a mate who worked with Troy during the indigenous all stars training and all reports indicate he was a lovely young bloke.

I spoke to the same mate yesterday about it and he said he had been told by his indigenous contacts that there were no other issues, it was purely homesickness.

I don't think you take on a bloke like this without expecting a bumpy road. I'm sure the odds are now slim but I hope the doors are still open at Punt Road.

I have no inside knowledge on the Collingwood rumor, but it sounds like the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. To think the current premiers, in the thick of their flag defense would be illegally chasing a player from another team who is not only a completely unproven talent, he is also on a suspended jail sentence, is completely unbelievable. One random bar fight and Troy is back in jail serving his original term.

He was worth pick 51 with a lot of potential and a juvenile criminal record. What's he worth with still unproven potential, a suspended prison sentence, and a record of doing a runner back home when things get tough.

The club showed last night it has the nucleus to be a good and competive football team.
I'm not sure the real reasons why Troy has gone back home, but the club needs to keep doing what ever it takes to keep improving with or without him.

Agree Linus, more chance of leysy bagging andy collins than collingwood tapping Taylor up.

Remember reading late last season that Mitch Morton had taken on a mentoring role with TT. Wonder what happened to that arrangement?

strachanie19 said:
Remember reading late last season that Mitch Morton had taken on a mentoring role with TT. Wonder what happened to that arrangement?

Probably half the problem ;D At times Mitch looks like the one needing the mentoring.

I don't know the full story, but got to say I am annoyed.

Ok, he had to go to court last year, and went home for a while over summer, both understandabe situations.

But we are 1 game into the season and he is off again. The kid obviously doesn't want to play.

I am a fan of his, but if he doesn't want to play, then goodbye.

I mean there are plenty of kids around the would give their left one for a chance to play AFL. They would train as hard as they could and do everything they could to get a chance.

But we are trying to talk Troy into trying. If he hasn't got the hunger or desire, I doubt he will make it.

Maybe he can come back in a few years when he has his head together and play in a premiership with Coll with Andy K.

Also angry we wasted another draft pick. We just can't afford to.

The current club ( Dimma etc ) are doing a great job, but I would suggest not taking a chance on a kid like Troy again. Go for the kid who wants it.

Not happy.

I think the comment from his Mum 'This is what Troy does' kind of said it all, really. He doesn't seem to have the required level of maturity required to apply himself to a career.

How old is this boy? Maintain his rights and continue supporting and correcting him. How many chances was fevola given at Carlton. Troys only 15 yrs younger