Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

scooty said:
will be at collingwood in 2012
That is the thing that bothers me & I shouldn't - but do, smell a rat at the moment . The pies talking him into nominating for the draft & not going to GC. If he can't handle living in Melbourne - well, thems the breaks - good luck back in the Territory & I hope he sorts his life out for the better. However.......

Tigers of Old said:
If that happens I will be extremely p!ssed off.

That is why we can't sack him. He will either sort himself out or be tradeable at the end of the year.

He is a very immature 19 year old boy. They are not exactly noted for making sensible decisions and behaving in a rational manner. Unfortunately, not all 19 year olds are like Joel Selwood was at that age.

There must be something in the AFL rules preventing the Pies from getting in his ear this early. Only GC and GWS have that luxury I thought.

Baloo said:
There must be something in the AFL rules preventing the Pies from getting in his ear this early. Only GC and GWS have that luxury I thought.

Didn't stop Essendon doing more than have a cup of coffee with an Essendon old boy in Mark thompson last year. Plus.....we would have spoken to Houli & Grigg prior to them officially informing their clubs they wanted out. If the Pies sense an opportunity - they will be all over it - didn't get to where they are by being shrinking violets.

Yeah, fair enough. I guess we need to hold him on contract until the last list lodgement to ensure the Pies are forced to trade or chance the PSD where there will be 16 clubs ahead of them.

Baloo said:
Yeah, fair enough. I guess we need to hold him on contract until the last list lodgement to ensure the Pies are forced to trade or chance the PSD where there will be 16 clubs ahead of them.

We should be able to find a suitable young player to trade if someone else does want him.

Baloo said:

Yeah, that's Clause 9.7 (y)(iv) I think. Paraphrased:

The AFL through it's CEO or any other delegate he/she should appoint at a moments notice, may at their sole discretion make up new rules or regulations that may assist or otherwise prevent from hindering new club entities from failing, floundering, becoming inept or otherwise becoming mediocre and thus making the CEO (or his delegate(s)) unable to claim a sizable bonus for failing to meet KPI's that were otherwise acheiveable, notwithstanding that consultation with meaningful other parties or presidents of certain clubs conveying the colours dominated by black and white and no other, can, by virtue of a nod and a wink, ensure the stability and unfair advantage of such certain clubs, provided always there is reasonable praise made by certain media outlets that can, for the benefit of the CEO and/or his delegate on behalf of the AFL, create the appearanace of harmony and presidential certainty that can, and only if it were deemed absolutely necessary, involve other member clubs that may or may not be teetering on the edge, but could, by their very non-existence make other new member clubs very successful and thereby the CEO and or his/her delegate. Should anything in this clause be required to be struck down in a court of law, then the AFL through its CEO or delegates reserves the right to take its footballs and goal posts and go home.

The AFL expresses its thanks to David Galbally QC for advice given in exchange for nearly nothing.

TOT70 said:
We should be able to find a suitable young player to trade if someone else does want him.

Or he could just nominate for the PSD, but then he'd be going to GWS.

Phar Ace said:

The AFL through it's CEO or any other delegate he/she should appoint at a moments notice, may at their sole discretion make up new rules or regulations that may assist or otherwise prevent from hindering new club entities from failing, floundering, becoming inept or otherwise becoming mediocre and thus making the CEO (or his delegate(s)) unable to claim a sizable bonus for failing to meet KPI's that were otherwise acheiveable, notwithstanding that consultation with meaningful other parties or presidents of certain clubs conveying the colours dominated by black and white and no other, can, by virtue of a nod and a wink, ensure the stability and unfair advantage of such certain clubs, provided always there is reasonable praise made by certain media outlets that can, for the benefit of the CEO and/or his delegate on behalf of the AFL, create the appearanace of harmony and presidential certainty that can, and only if it were deemed absolutely necessary, involve other member clubs that may or may not be teetering on the edge, but could, by their very non-existence make other new member clubs very successful and thereby the CEO and or his/her delegate. Should anything in this clause be required to be struck down in a court of law, then the AFL through its CEO or delegates reserves the right to take its footballs and goal posts and go home.

The AFL expresses its thanks to David Galbally QC for advice given in exchange for nearly nothing.

Ah, yes, the Andy-Detriment clause.

They use it all the time.

Phar Ace said:

Ah yes....I do remember that clause which has been around for a while.....pretty sure it was rewritten to also include certain clubs dominated by black & white & black & red..

Elmer said:
How about depression?

I guess if he was medically declared in a state of depression preventing him from physically playing footy then it may be something you could present to the AFL. I'd say it's an unlikely path that the Tigers would take though.

It's Troy Taylor we're talking about...not Tom Scully...surely Scumwood wouldn't resort to these depths to get their hands on a player they could have picked up earlier? After all he slipped to #51 in the draft.

strachanie19 said:
It's Troy Taylor we're talking about...not Tom Scully...surely Scumwood wouldn't resort to these depths to get their hands on a player they could have picked up earlier? After all he slipped to #51 in the draft.
Exactly. I think people are looking into it to much. Besides, If Collingwood really was in his ear, dont you think they would want him playing football, training in a proffesional enviroment etc. until he was available to them.

Streak said:
Where is our much lauded Indigenous Academy/Centre at?
Its already been said earlier that the Indigenous learning Centre has nothing to do with the development of indigenous players at RFC . It is a learning centre for disadvantaged Indigenous youth in the area . The Government(s) didn't give us a grant so that we could have lots of indigenous stars playing for us.
Its not open yet .

strachanie19 said:

He slipped to 51, but Collingwood were to take him with their first pick. But Luke ball would have been gone very quickly had Collingwood passed him up.

In all though, I find it difficult to believe Collingwood would want a problem child that could tarnish their image so badly. Why would they would already be in a, 2nd year players ear, who has recently assaulted someone, and gone walkabout twice?

Lots of talent, lots of problems.
Its just not the kind of player any club would be hellbent on getting.

look were forgetting Troy could be back ..lets hope he sorts out his stuff and comes back to the Tigers ASAP ...

BrisTiger24 said:
Have heard that a few times actually.

If this happens and his current issues are somehow related to Collingwood being in his ear, then he can get stuffed and will be the centre of abuse from RFC supporters for the rest of his career.

In saying that, it's probably not correct anyway.

say that's true: and they're caught. How many years first round draft picks would they be penalised?