Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

From the Danny Daly thread

[Comment From pablopablo: ]
just how good could troy taylor be if he gets his head right ?
Wednesday March 23, 2011 1:16 pablo
1:17

First of all, Troy's mental state is not of a concern to the football club. Troy has the capabilities to be a very good player for us in the future. Over the past month he has really got back to training hard and has gotten over a couple of injury concerns he had and you'll find that he will be in our senior side in the coming weeks.
Wednesday March 23, 2011 1:17
1:18

DirtyDogTiger said:
From the Danny Daly thread

[Comment From pablopablo: ]
just how good could troy taylor be if he gets his head right ?
Wednesday March 23, 2011 1:16 pablo
1:17

First of all, Troy's mental state is not of a concern to the football club. Troy has the capabilities to be a very good player for us in the future. Over the past month he has really got back to training hard and has gotten over a couple of injury concerns he had and you'll find that he will be in our senior side in the coming weeks.
Wednesday March 23, 2011 1:17
1:18

those comments are the first thing I thought of when I found out. Sounds like this has happened very quickly

bowden4president said:
those comments are the first thing I thought of when I found out. Sounds like this has happened very quickly

Yes, he as pumped up at Coburg and finished the game off well by the reports given - be interesting to see what the upshot is on this because everything coming out of Tigerland until today was optimistic............

brigadiertiger said:
I have a friend who has some issues can the club help him out?

If he is above 190 cm and can take a grab it’s fair to say that almost every club in the AFL might be willing to give him a hand

checkside said:
Would be good to know the full story. Just wish we could promote a rookie for him.

GoodOne said:
No we can't. Going AWOL is not considered a LTI.
How about depression?

MightyTiger said:
I heard that the reason why Relton Roberts left was because he and Taylor were always fighting and arguing and Taylor has been quite disruptive to the team.
Perhaps Relton threatened to eat him.

Sintiger said:
Its not even a rumour , its something made up connecting some dots like Richmond has no indigenous players , hardwick is coach therefore he has a negative approach to indigenous players . Essendon has indigenous player therefore that must be why he didn't get the job.

It was reported in the newspapers that when Hardwick was asked by Essendon about his approach to indigenous players, he said he would treat them the same as any other player. This was cited as a reason for him missing the job. Whether or not this was reported correctly, there is some basis for the suspicion/belief that Hardwick's attitude may have been a factor in Taylor's departure. I'm skeptical however since the fact remains that, with the exception of Phil Egan 30 years ago, the club has had almost zero success in developing its own young indigenous talent.

What makes it harder to accept is that this has now happened twice, and the explanations have been nebulous. Despite recent off-field gains, this has left the club appearing amateurish.

What a damn fool.

If 99% of all other players drafted can tough it out, then so should he.

I'm not saying AFL football is easy, sure, it would be extremely demanding in some circumstances, but *smile*, so is life.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
It was reported in the newspapers that when Hardwick was asked by Essendon about his approach to indigenous players, he said he would treat them the same as any other player. This was cited as a reason for him missing the job. Whether or not this was reported correctly, there is some basis for the suspicion/belief that Hardwick's attitude may have been a factor in Taylor's departure. I'm skeptical however since the fact remains that, with the exception of Phil Egan 30 years ago, the club has had almost zero success in developing its own young indigenous talent.

What makes it harder to accept is that this has now happened twice, and the explanations have been nebulous. Despite recent off-field gains, this has left the club appearing amateurish.

tell me, would you rather have an environment where 35 + players turn up to the captains engagement party, including the coach and staff and lose one "suspected talent" back to NT.

or would you rather have a used car salesman, telling peoplethings they want to heard and getting us nowhere, resulting in a player coup?

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Stiffy spent his time at Essendon, Port and Hawthorn.

Those 3 clubs are probably the most successful with indigenous players. I'd find it hard to believe Stiffy didn't learn a thing or two from those clubs.

doherz said:
tell me, would you rather have an environment where 35 + players turn up to the captains engagement party, including the coach and staff and lose one "suspected talent" back to NT.

or would you rather have a used car salesman, telling peoplethings they want to heard and getting us nowhere, resulting in a player coup?

Read the post, it was a response to the one I quoted. I don't have any issues with Hardwick. I do have issues with our ongoing failure to develop indigenous talent.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

The fact that Dimma's laptop didn't work properly was also cited as a reason why he didn't get the job at essendon .
I remember him saying that or it being quoted but that is exactly what he should say but the fact is that every player has some sort of different treatment to another player , thats because everyone is different. Any one who has managed people would know that whilst there are certain boundaries that all employees work around , you adapt your managment of individuals to their personality . What would make anyone think that Dimma and the RFC have not done as much as could be done by any club for Troy Taylor ? Noone knows.
As for the last 30 years in my view we have 4 indigenous players who were any good . That is the real issue . Egan , Mitchell , Tambling and Taylor . Egan and Mitchell were successes , Tambling stayed 6 years and to my knowledge the fact he is indigenous was never an issue. All the others left because they were no good . You could argue Peterson but he left hawthorn for the same reasons . Krak left because he was not developed as a player and because he belted someone to an inch of their life. I just reckon its a non issue , player development was and may still be the issue , not treatment of indigenous players.
I don't think it makes us look amateurish at all , it makes us look like we are supporting and helping a young man who obviously has major issues. But hey , people will believe what they want , this is just my opinion.

Sintiger said:
The fact that Dimma's laptop didn't work properly was also cited as a reason why he didn't get the job at essendon .
I remember him saying that or it being quoted but that is exactly what he should say but the fact is that every player has some sort of different treatment to another player , thats because everyone is different. Any one who has managed people would know that whilst there are certain boundaries that all employees work around , you adapt your managment of individuals to their personality . What would make anyone think that Dimma and the RFC have not done as much as could be done by any club for Troy Taylor ? Noone knows.

Fair comment and I wasn't having a go at you. Whether it's accurate or not, there is a perception held by some among the footy public that it's a weakness of Hardwick's. I don't purport to know the truth.

Sintiger said:
As for the last 30 years in my view we have 4 indigenous players who were any good . That is the real issue . Egan , Mitchell , Tambling and Taylor . Egan and Mitchell were successes , Tambling stayed 6 years and to my knowledge the fact he is indigenous was never an issue. All the others left because they were no good . You could argue Peterson but he left hawthorn for the same reasons . Krak left because he was not developed as a player and because he belted someone to an inch of their life. I just reckon its a non issue , player development was and may still be the issue , not treatment of indigenous players.
I don't think it makes us look amateurish at all , it makes us look like we are supporting and helping a young man who obviously has major issues. But hey , people will believe what they want , this is just my opinion.

Mitchell was 25 (and Rioli nearly 25) by the time they got to Punt Rd. Apart from lacking VFL experience, they were fully-fledged senior players on arrival. Justin Murphy had immense talent; he destroyed Gavin Wanganeen in a losing side on debut.

Yes, in the absence of any meaningful information, people will fill in the blanks and believe what they want.