Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Some are assuming we still want TT on our list. The club have carefully worded the official explanation. No need for intimate detail. I hope he gets his life back on track and is happy in whatever his future holds. I don't expect at this stage that it will involve us.

jb03 said:
No need to cut ties and discard him. 2012 and beyond was when we were looking for him to start hitting his straps. Still plenty of time for him - plenty of mature age players now getting a go in the AFL and playing well.

He was always a speculative pick so lets continue to speculate a little longer.

Agree. Just need to get him back on track. No point tipping out.

Maybe one of the other clubs has spoken to him about walking out on us and then be picked up by them come draft time.
I may be wrong but I had heard that the Pies had him in their sights 2009 draft and we beat them to it.

So many kid's out there who would give their left nut to be on an AFL list like Troy.

Selfish in my opinion....

Red Sea Tiger said:
Without knowing the facts, it's hard to know exactly what to say. My gut says one thing but my head says another. Clearly, this ain't good for anyone directly involved.

Agree. Not good for both parties.

Baloo said:
Stop it, you're reminding me of Round 1 to 8 last year.
Or most of at least 2 decades, for that matter ... now that ~is~ long term for an "injury"

The AFL keeps changing the rules, so why not AWOL=LTI

The Aboriginal Educational Facility is starting to look farcical, then again, so have we

Herr_Tiger said:
Or most of at least 2 decades, for that matter ... now that ~is~ long term for an "injury"

The AFL keeps changing the rules, so why not AWOL=LTI

The Aboriginal Educational Facility is starting to look farcical, then again, so have we

I guess we would have to wait until TT makes up his mind before we request permission to promote a rookie.

SkillzThatKillz said:
I guess we would have to wait until TT makes up his mind before we request permission to promote a rookie.

Pretty sure this has already been tested. A player retiring does not constitute a long-term injury. We couldn't even get special perrmission for Polak on the LTI under his circumstances, what hope is there with a player who just leaves?

GoodOne said:
Pretty sure this has already been tested. A player retiring does not constitute a long-term injury. We couldn't even get special perrmission for Polak on the LTI under his circumstances, what hope is there with a player who just leaves?

I had it in the back of my mind that something like this had been done before.

However, I just remembered that it was when the Melbourne player passed away during the tsunami a few years ago.

Pretty sure that the Dee's were able to promote another rookie due to that. Totally different circumstances I know and certainly wouldn't expect the AFL to compare the situations because of this.

frawleyudud said:
I never said he has a negative approach or that i knew he did. I basically made note of a rumour that went around when he didn't get the job at Essendon that one of the main reasons being his lack of effort in understanding the mentality of aboriginal players. While all walks of life are different, there is no doubt that most aboriginal players coming from rural areas do find it very hard to adjust to city life and the demands of an AFL footballer. My point is why can other clubs succeed and develop these players when we seem to really struggle.
Its not even a rumour , its something made up connecting some dots like Richmond has no indigenous players , hardwick is coach therefore he has a negative approach to indigenous players . Essendon has indigenous player therefore that must be why he didn't get the job .
My point is that the fact we have had issues with 2-3 indigenous players is not evidence that we have an issue in developing them . Did anyone ever hear one word from Tambling that he didn't settle at richmond because he is indigenous ? We have had problems developing all players. Gilligan and roberts were rookies who were not good enough . Peterson had the same problems at Hawthorn he had at Richmond .
Someone else said it , its about recruiting the right players . One indigenous player is as different to another as any player is to another player. Troy's background is totally disfunctional , that is the issue.