Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Extremely disappointing. The Club has been pretty patient to date from what I can tell. Wasn't it an important issue in his suspended sentence that by being at Richmond - down in Melbourne - he would be away from the influences at home & in a structured environment that the Club could provide for his betterment ? Has the time expired now I wonder ? Probably more disappointing in that we would have been drafting players on an expectation that he would fill a need.

Shame to see another wasted talent & if by any chance he bobbed up at another AFL Club next year & showed what he could do - then I would struggle to wish him the best as I have with Andy K & Tambling.

rosy23 said:
the club didn't request the thread be removed. The poster who started it did.

rosy23 said:
Do you have any reason whatsoever to suspect the site is being censored by the club? Fact is it isn't and that kind of comment is what is disappointing.

That's very good to hear rosy.

Your post wasn't clear and I jumped to that conclusion on the back of a few posts.

I apologise to you for mistakenly making the connection.

rosy23 said:
Good spruik shawry but the club didn't request the thread be removed. The poster who started it did. He's perfectly within his rights to do so. I'll make a decision if the club makes any requests. They rarely do and they aren't bowed to every time. If they are damaging to the club they'll go.

Do you have any reason whatsoever to suspect the site is being censored by the club? Fact is it isn't and that kind of comment is what is disappointing.

Fair enough then. Doesn't the poster have the ability to remove the thread himself? Interesting he would want it removed when he started it in the first place though. Don't understand but I am sure he/her had his/her reasons. Anyway I misunderstood my bad. I humbly apologise.

The new indigenous centre there, what is it's purpose?

I think it's safe to say whatever it is, it has failed (in Dimma speak) in biblical proportions!

theglove3 said:
The new indigenous centre there, what is it's purpose?

I think it's safe to say whatever it is, it has failed (in Dimma speak) in biblical proportions!

Time to convert it into billard room I think :)

Regardless of the talent on offer the club needs to make a stance here and cut ties with Troy.

Its not the first time this has happened. The club has stood by him long enough.

Very disappointed that Troy has gone AWOL.
I was hoping hed be the Xfactor in our forward line. :pullhair

RFC just have to be consistent and supportive with TT. I bet these are the 2 things that he has never really had in his life. If we can manage that then I won't be surprised to see him back in the next few months. I still have a fair bit of hope for him as I reckon that once he gets home he may well realise that it is not so green after all.

Also it should be noted that TT was a very risky pick in the first place and I think that the RFC has done everything in its power to help Troy. Whilst our record with Indigenous guys is poor I can't see how the club is to blame in this case. The only thing that I can think of is that we need to have more on the list so that they can hang out together and feel comfortable and safe.

No need to cut ties and discard him. 2012 and beyond was when we were looking for him to start hitting his straps. Still plenty of time for him - plenty of mature age players now getting a go in the AFL and playing well.

He was always a speculative pick so lets continue to speculate a little longer.

We don't have to cut him straight away but the hope now is nearly alll but vanished for me.

It's a shame because we're severely lacking in quality in that mid-sized forward role. Mitch is going have to play mostly forward whether he likes or not.

You gotta wonder how Melbourne have been able to do it with Jurrah and Austin. Really worried about the way the club seems to handle these types of situations. Could this be one of the reasons Dimma never got the job down at Bomberland due to his negative approach to the aboriginal players??

Definitely a player we could really do with. Struggling to remember the last quality aboriginal player on our list since Maurice and Mitchell.

Tigers of Old said:
Maybe they had doubts and this is why the club specifically drafted Helbig & McDonald.

No doubt. Although I see Helbig more as a midfielder down the track who can push forward not the other way around.

The club knew the risk with taking Taylor on. He's left 2 times now and does not seem committed. Looks like the risk has backfired and it's quite annoying because his spot could've been used on a kid who wanted to be there. Just like they knew the risk with taking on a massively injury prone Ben Griffiths who was from the same draft. We will see how that one turns out.

It is a shame he's gone back home again as he potentially does give us a player type that we sorely lack.

However, whether comes back or not he was always a very big longshot to acquire all of the things needed to make a career at AFL level these days of uber professionalism.

As supporters we simply need to treat Troy as a lost cause & a unlikely bonus in the event he does turn into a player for us.