Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

You wonder whether the club was caught out by Troy's efforts to turn himself around - you would hate to think that he would need a minder/mentor of some sort whenever he goes back to the Alice for a break - I would bet his mother might've taken a piece out of him when she found out!

Problem is sometimes the mates and friends don't appreciate the responsibility Troy now has as an AFL Listed player, and we are assuming that the guys may have been drinking - he's either layed into these guys because he has been drinking or he could have been sober and landed the punches cleanly. Hopefully it was none of the bad crowd from Darwin coming down for a New Year's catchup!

I'd like to think that he's learnt a really harsh lesson and hopefully maybe his former coach sees him and gives him a dressing down about the amazing opportunity he's been given by being drafted by the Tiges and he had better make this the last stuff-up!

skiptomystu said:
It's not a one off though.....he's been locked up before.

We don't want another Carlton blight on our club. Life would not end for Richmond if we got rid of him. With all the unpleasant publicity surrounding the Carlton players and their drunken antics you would think players from all clubs would be trying their utmost to keep out of trouble, and I might add, trouble spots.

All these comments about staying out of trouble spots is a bit "Mightier than thou" IMO.

The Carlton players were on a boat cruise and Taylor was going out on a night people traditionally let their hair down on, and in his own town.

Yeah, it doesn't reflect well on the club, that is the media and life for you in general. But to say that they put themselves into a position where there could be trouble is a bit hard to fathom. The Blues players drank too much, it happens and who hasn't at some point in their lives. Taylor finds himself in a situation in which no one knows both sides of the story.

These guys are responsible for their own actions, but what are clubs and even themselves supposed to do as AFL footballers? Wrap them in cotton wool and only allow them out for training and playing games?

It's disappointing and a real shame this kid has found trouble so soon. Let's not hang him before due process is complete but if he's found to have done the wrong thing and is charged then he must be sacked immediately. The club took a huge risk in taking him when other bigger clubs looked at him and baulked so it's a classic case of "buyer beware".

We've made our bed, again, and we must lie in it....again. :-[

It was just said on SEN that Troy's story of events vary greatly from what was reported. Hence why the quielty approach by the media.

Self Defence??? Maybe someone thought they could rough up an AFL player.

Streak said:
The Blues players drank too much, it happens and who hasn't at some point in their lives.

I've never drunk too much while on an AFL Players contract.

Tiger74 said:
have to admit when I read that two things ran through my mind:

1) at least he doesn't do the Pies thing of sniping people from behind

2) at least we now have someone taller than a gnome who can handle themselves in the rough stuff

So he can punch - let him take up boxing. Tough in football has nothing at all punching ability

Wait till he puts his head over the pill before lauding his ability to handle rough stuff

Big Cat Lover said:
So he can punch - let him take up boxing. Tough in football has nothing at all punching ability

Wait till he puts his head over the pill before lauding his ability to handle rough stuff

I was joking mate (thought the reference to King as a gnome may be a hint).

shamekha said:
It was just said on SEN that Troy's story of events vary greatly from what was reported. Hence why the quielty approach by the media.

Quiet approach by the media? IMHO if anything its been blown up too much by the media considering his status and we don't have the full story yet.

As usuall there will be 3 sides to this story!....... Troy's side,..... The other side, ...... and somewhere in the middle of all this..."The Truth".

We have only heard one side so far ;)

the claw said:
personally i like hanging more than the rest.

personally i wont be making excuses for him guilty or not guilty we all take responsibility for our own actions. some on here are blaming all sorts of things for his actions.

anyway can anyone tell me is he on parole and if so if he is taken to court and found guilty does this mean straight back into the can.

You had no problem making excuses for Masten from the WC!

the claw said:
good on him from reports ive had he put a yobbo in place who thought it might be fun to have a go at an afl player.

the claw said:
sheesh how often does it happen karl langdon had to front court because of a *smile*. sitting down having a meal with his missus and this idiot abused the hell out him all night he went to far when he invaded langdons personal space and paid the price. he then proceeded to cry like a baby because someone dared to put him in his place. anyway i think it was karl.

be aggresive to me and invade my space and i will hit first and ask questions after it is all over.

masten like all teenagers have lots of testosterone flying about they are going to get aggro now and then thats part of being a bloke and growing up. sheesh we have become a soft precious lot its almost enough to make one ashamed of being australian.it shouldnt matter who it is or who you are act like a fool be aggresive and you should expect to be sorted out. yet the bloke who puts a stop to the nonsense cops crap for doing what he should do.

WesternTiger said:
You had no problem making excuses for Masten from the WC!
you dont think the circumstances a little different ah well your entitled to your opinion.

theres no arguing with some.

anyway as stated on another thread i have no problem with the fact he got in a fight as long as he didnt start it or go looking for it. as stated on another thread im having a bit of fun at other posters for their hypocricy bagging players from other clubs but defending our own. and their insistence there was no risk with our recruits.

shamekha said:

Self Defence??? Maybe someone thought they could rough up an AFL player.

Thought this might be the case....
I would think that if it happened as reported in the papers then the club might have taken more immediate action but instead Troy is still training with the club as normal.....

Would expect that Troy now being a AFL player would stand out in an outback party.... Looking at the other side of things could attract jealousy & be an easy target......

Guess we'll have to wait to see if or when any charges will be laid.....

I think we need to stick by him no matter what for now, either if true or false.
If he has a problem then let's help him and keep him in Melbourne.
Didn't we give Benny Boy a lifeline and help him?
Krak was on assault charges but we stayed with him until he was finally judged as sh!t.
O'Hailpin kicked a teammate from behind while he was on the ground during a game!
Lovett...enough said.

He made a mistake and he needs us to stick by him.

In our teenage years many of us stuffed up in one way or another, but our parents always stuck by us (i hope!). I just don't understand the need to sack him already. Give him one chance and then sack.

Big Cat Lover said:

Couldn't agree more.
That tough thug Houlihan allegedly threw a punch at Walker.
He must be the type of tuff nutt we need. Let's recruit him. :rofl

the claw said:
you dont think the circumstances a little different ah well your entitled to your opinion.

How is it different? especially considering we haven't heard the full story yet.

the claw said:
anyway as stated on another thread i have no problem with the fact he got in a fight as long as he didnt start it or go looking for it. as stated on another thread im having a bit of fun at other posters for their hypocricy bagging players from other clubs but defending our own. and their insistence there was no risk with our recruits.

LMAO at you calling other posters hypocrites just when you've been found out for the same thing yourself.