Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

The Demon drink....

And probably will never change,unfortunate but TRUE!!!!

boy some people are over-reacting a tad - esp considering the cops are yet to conclude their investigation

before we tear up contracts how about we wait to see what actually happened?

rosy23 said:
From both sides of the fence too.

very few from my reading of several sites are dismissing this off hand.

most those who are not stringing him up now are wanting to wait for the cops to say their piece.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2009/07/12/1247337016523.html

Rosy, here is a link to an article that Emma Quayle wrote back in July on Troy (and she's a decent journo too)

His history is probably alarming to most southerners, but anyone living among our brothers up north will know he has followed a well worn path.

The article doesn't justify anything, but it does provide a useful insight to the difficulties, and the great hopes that others who know him better than us, hold for Troy.

It's possibly a useful balance for some comments at the moment.

Tiger74 said:
very few from my reading of several sites are dismissing this off hand.

most those who are not stringing him up now are wanting to wait for the cops to say their piece.

I wasn't aware of the criteria you were using when you said some are over-reacting a tad.  I think there are some very presumptuous comments from both sides when none of us know the facts. 

Phar Ace said:
Rosy, here is a link to an article that Emma Quayle wrote back in July on Troy (and she's a decent journo too)

I don't really understand the balance you refer to Phar Ace but it's probably a matter more for  General board discussion. Thanks for the link.

premiers2010 said:
There's a reason why players with his ability slip to pick 51.
Now we're seeing it. :mad:
Maybe if we hadnt picked him he may not have got picked up at all.

Collingwood were going to take him with 62 if Ball had been taken they would have used 30 also I believe North were going to take him with 53 if he was still there. Pick 51 is a speculative pick I would rather have taken him with 51 and have it not work out than have used 19 or even 35.

mb64 said:
And where was he over the xmas period?

The 'bad crowd' was in Darwin.

Troy spent New Years at Alyce Springs.

It's fair to say he didn't go back to his old crowd.

mb64 said:
We can put this down as a recruiting blunder & a waste of a pick.He already has a rap sheet so the best approach would have been not to draft him.But silly us did & he's already being investiagted.

So... anyone who carries a bit of risk off-field should not be drafted.

I have a feeling you may have said the opposite a couple of years ago when Buddy exploded onto the scene.

Which is it? What exactly do you want the club to do?

Oh yeah... "my plan is to pick the good players, and not pick the ones who don't make it" :rofl

One year it's "why do we pass on superstars with a bit of risk for hard working hacks??" then the next year it's "why do we pick players with risk instead of getting the hardworking guns??"

I guess it's near impossible for the club to win.

Hanged, drawn and quartered by the "evidence" of an article in the "hun".
I think I'll wait until all the facts are known, before I sit in "judgement". Thanks.

rosy23 said:
I don't really understand the balance you refer to Phar Ace but it's probably a matter more for General board discussion. Thanks for the link.

The "balance" comment wasn't directed anywhere specifically, least of all you, but a number have narrowly referred to Troy's past, which he himself indictated was regretable, but more importantly, there are people mentioned in the article who have spent a lot of time with him who have commented on him and what he was acheiving and what he is perhaps capable of.

rockstar_tiger said:
The 'bad crowd' was in Darwin.

Troy spent New Years at Alyce Springs.

It's fair to say he didn't go back to his old crowd.

So... anyone who carries a bit of risk off-field should not be drafted.

I have a feeling you may have said the opposite a couple of years ago when Buddy exploded onto the scene.

Which is it? What exactly do you want the club to do?

Oh yeah... "my plan is to pick the good players, and not pick the ones who don't make it" :rofl

One year it's "why do we pass on superstars with a bit of risk for hard working hacks??" then the next year it's "why do we pick players with risk instead of getting the hardworking guns??"

I guess it's near impossible for the club to win.
What a load of garbage

Doesnt sound too serious but sounds like the kid needs serious help or it will be over before it began.

willo said:
Hanged, drawn and quartered by the "evidence" of an article in the "hun".
I think I'll wait until all the facts are known, before I sit in "judgement". Thanks.
personally i like hanging more than the rest.

personally i wont be making excuses for him guilty or not guilty we all take responsibility for our own actions. some on here are blaming all sorts of things for his actions.

anyway can anyone tell me is he on parole and if so if he is taken to court and found guilty does this mean straight back into the can.

Phar Ace said:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2009/07/12/1247337016523.html

His history is probably alarming to most southerners, but anyone living among our brothers up north will know he has followed a well worn path.

The article doesn't justify anything, but it does provide a useful insight to the difficulties, and the great hopes that others who know him better than us, hold for Troy.

Great Link Thank you, well worth the read

clown said:
Doesnt sound too serious

You are kidding? Surely!

Less than twelve months after being released from a detention centre (served 4months for assault) he is involved in a fight that puts a bloke in hospital, allegedly from his fists - and you say it doesn;t sound serious? :headscratch

Like so many on here, I'm really hoping the facts somehow read differently to the HUN article, but whilst it is possible, it's going to take some aweful reporting standards to end up "not sounding too serious".

I was really hoping that Ritchie Tambling could've had some quality time with this kid, cos he had some AFL scouts pretty excited midway through last year.

tungman said:
Great Link Thank you, well worth the read

Thanks Tungstan - I felt it was good background for people before too many comments are made about his past. There were some really good people thinking quite kindly of Troy. Until the police complete their investigations, I will just keep my finger crossed for Troy.

Look, let's not hang him before he's even charged with anything. The only people who should be presumed guilty until they prove their innocence are those with a surname of "Cloke"

Baloo said:
Look, let's not hang him before he's even charged with anything. The only people who should be presumed guilty until they prove their innocence are those with a surname of "Cloke"

or Fevola............ he's been quiet, more's the pity >:D

look for what its worth even if charged, possibly if found guilty i think we should keep him.

as said previously by plenty of others there are a lot of speculation here, and sometimes one side of the story is told a lot differently by the "innocent"

im a 19 year old bloke and i have found myself in a confrontation with another bloke a few times, and i really regret doing it and think im an idiot. you cant solve a problem that has occured for seemingly 2-3 years. im not blaming anything or anyone for what troy did but i think he should be kept, give it a year and everything may change

i think the best thing is that we havent had him or his family or the rfc screaming his innocence, we are doing it the right way.