Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Bit inconclusive. The better question would have been "are you coming back?".

Will wait for official word from the club.

skybeau said:

Yeah, that's fair enough! I expected some people to be skeptical. I would consider asking him again but I don't wanna bug him!

I have deleted the photo because I don't want to get into any sort of strife because it was a private message, sorry guys.

craig said:
Isnt he good mates with Liam Patrick Im tipping Troy will somehow eventually find his way to the Gold Coast.

TT did have the chance to sign with GC but he decided to go into the draft instead.

Brodders17 said:
TT did have the chance to sign with GC but he decided to go into the draft instead.

He did but wasn't it Collingwood that talked him into the draft and not signing with GC.

While it's a shame if it's true he has gone, I take comfort in the fact we will have Miller as insurance.

Aargh...bloody hell. I would be spewin if this is true....

why isn't it ever the duds on your list that want to quit!

I would keep on the list this year in case we can talk him into returning. $10 he gets delisted next year but picked up by someone else and becomes a star...... i repeat, Bloody Hell!!

No more recruiting of Indigenous boys from the NT unless they have proven they can handle life in a big city. Looks like we will get burnt on this one. So much for standing up for him in court. I would like to know what his issues are. I know he was missing home earlier this year but if thats his excuse he's not what we want.

Brooklyn Tiger said:
$10 he gets delisted next year but picked up by someone else and becomes a star......

Like Peterson?

skybeau said:

Sensible post sky but it was hardly a convincing response. Here's hoping you're right.

mad_doggy911 said:
No more recruiting of Indigenous boys from the NT unless they have proven they can handle life in a big city.

Disagree, chastising indigenous boys because they come from the NT? How are they supposed to prove they can handle city life if they haven't lived in the city?

Psych tests for all indigenous players and anyone with a crininal record to be overlooked is more humane.

It always looked pretty suspect (for us) with him going home & the reason being a politically vague type of explanation. Tambling was his mentor & with him leaving - if the boy was struggling - it may have made it harder for him. If that's what it's all about - so be it. Would probably have been better to have known earlier but better than in a months time & wish him all the best - it didn't work out.

The Club stood by him & without them - he would be doing time most probably as I believe he was already on parole or soemthing similiar for his earlier strife ? Terrific potential talent & won't be the last player to possibly rue their opportunities. If it's more than that & someone has got in his ear & he thinks a year at home & then be ready to saddle up for someone else.....well..........wouldn't be impressed at that at all. But then..........that is not the character you are trying to build at the Club anwyay.

Lets move on. Someone elses opportunity now.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Disagree, chastising indigenous boys because they come from the NT? How are they supposed to prove they can handle city life if they haven't lived in the city?

Psych tests for all indigenous players and anyone with a crininal record to be overlooked is more humane.

Those tests too. I'm against recruiting indigenous boys at the moment. How much success have we had in the past? Tambling, JON, Petersen and now Taylor and that's only within the last few years.

mad_doggy911 said:
Those tests too. I'm against recruiting indigenous boys at the moment. How much success have we had in the past? Tambling, JON, Petersen and now Taylor and that's only within the last few years.

Our record with these boys have been unsatisfactory, I don't think the club is doing anything wrong once they are at the club. Peterson & Taylor have come with baggage, JON couldn't take the next step and always had a smile on his face and we couldn't tell if anything was bothering him but played sub standard AFL footy and Tambling was a very well spoken adult who used every excuse under the sun and blamed everything for his heartless footy.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Our record with these boys have been unsatisfactory, I don't think the club is doing anything wrong once they are at the club. Peterson & Taylor have come with baggage, JON couldn't take the next step and always had a smile on his face and we couldn't tell if anything was bothering him but played sub standard AFL footy and Tambling was a very well spoken adult who used every excuse under the sun and blamed everything for his heartless footy.

I agree with this, it still comes down to the recruiting, there would be 100's of aboriginal boys in the NT who would jump and commit to the chance at AFL footy. If Taylor doesn't find himself on an AFL list in the next 1-2 years he'll most certiantly be in prison within 3

Tiger_4_Life said:
I agree with this, it still comes down to the recruiting, there would be 100's of aboriginal boys in the NT who would jump and commit to the chance at AFL footy. If Taylor doesn't find himself on an AFL list in the next 1-2 years he'll most certiantly be in prison within 3

Ouch.