Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

tigers_of_old_1980 said:
Got a gut feeling he's going.. :(

I think that our club will give him every bit of support he needs to get back. So I think he will be back, lets hope its soon.

When was the last list logment due,If its past we cant delist him & the news probably isnt that he will be delisted.

Thursday 18 November NAB AFL National Draft - Gold Coast Convention Centre

Wednesday 24 November List lodgement three

Tuesday 30 November, 2pm Delisted primary list draft nomination deadline

Tuesday 7 December, 10am NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft

Well at least if he's not coming back we can take an extra PSD pick and use it on a kid.

geoffryprettyboy said:
If he he wants to go he can. There's no way he'll be earning the money he has been offered back home playing for the local league.

Maye shift him onto the long term disabled list. Give him time away and see if he wants to come back half way through 2011 and prepare for 2012.

Too much talent to walk away. Don't think we will.

They should've asked him for a decision by the deadline for using the compo pick. Now if we delist him (can he still be delisted?) if he wants to leave or isn't 100% committed to the RFC then we're replacing his list spot with a pick in the late 70's or early 80's.

Barnzy said:
They should've asked him for a decision by the deadline for using the compo pick. Now if we delist him (can he still be delisted?)

He is contracted but I think we can. Carl Peterson?
I've no issue wit us giving him some time because he's talented but Troy's had some time to sort out his issues and whether he wants to make the commitment..if not we move on.

I'd give him time for sure but if he's flat out not interested in being a footballer then he has to go.

Its not going to make any difference to next year if he stays on the list and doesn't play a game. If there is any chance he is coming back I would keep him on the list. Too much talent to let go easily .

It all depends on the facts which none of us yet have.

If he is unable to commit though, and the club feels the reasons are ligitimate, then why can't the club keep the rights to him in the way the pies and swans have with Irish kids when they want to go home?

Sintiger said:
Its not going to make any difference to next year if he stays on the list and doesn't play a game. If there is any chance he is coming back I would keep him on the list. Too much talent to let go easily .

Agreed. Put him on the sleeper list for a year.

SCOOP said:
Maye shift him onto the long term disabled list. Give him time away and see if he wants to come back half way through 2011 and prepare for 2012.

Too much talent to walk away. Don't think we will.
Agree, and hope you're right. Can we use the long-term injury list for something like this though? Either way I'd give him at least another year.

Tigers of Old said:
Really? Seems fairly unconventional to me.
I think I'd prefer to pick another face who wants it despite my excitement of what Troy may offer in future.

I guess its a 'risk V reward' thing ToO. The way I see it is, if we cut our losses, then OK cool. If he comes back and plays, even better. However, if the club feels it is something that Troy can work through with our assistance and that takes a year on the stand-by list (or whatever it's called), then I think we should hang onto him and hopefully get him playing some good footy while also having a positive direction in life.

In short, whatever the club decides is the best course of action in this case then I will roll with it.