Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

One interesting thing around this is that I am certain that I read that the judge in his assault case was persuaded about being lenient because of representations made by RFC about the structures Troy would be subject to at an AFL Club . Its a bit of a slap in the face to that judge if he simply walks away from that.

Apologies for being a bit behind on the mid north coast of NSW but I haven't read the official word that he is not coming back ?

GEDS1 said:
Apologies for being a bit behind on the mid north coast of NSW but I haven't read the official word that he is not coming back ?

Can't read what isn't there GEDs. :)

Tigertool said:
37bqds

http://twitpic.com/37bqds

:(

That link is not working. :headscratch

YinnarTiger said:
That link is not working. :headscratch

Tigertool had a screen shot of the private conversation but later had second thoughts and removed it. Good move imo.

geoffryprettyboy said:
That's why OUR professional recruiters should be more cautious.

No No No... cautious is not the way forward, smart judging of the risks is.

Ben Griffiths was a risk. A bigger risk than TT as he was drafted much earlier. But geez I am glad we are taking it.

Irrespective of the TT outcome I am glad we are taking him on as well. We may win with one, none or both of those guys. Without taking that risk however we will never never be a premiership threat.

Dan Connors was a risk. Do you like him in the side?

TigersYellowAndBlack said:
Brave question , many don't . But the point is well made , we can probably afford a highly skilled player with "issues "every now and then if we get 50% of them right . Just have a look at the current premiers , they have their share of bad boys who took a long time to grow up . Didak and Swan for a start .

Sintiger said:
Brave question , many don't . But the point is well made , we can probably afford a highly skilled player with "issues "every now and then if we get 50% of them right . Just have a look at the current premiers , they have their share of bad boys who took a long time to grow up . Didak and Swan for a start .

Didak has grown up??? :-\

Agree, but why shouldn't a club also back itself and the boy in? Ridiculous to be running away in trepidation from potentials all the time. If the talent is there, even with a bit if baggage, I'd still be wanting to see the chance taken. We'll get one eventually.

Ben Griffiths was a risk.   A  bigger risk than TT as he was drafted much earlier.  But geez I am glad we are taking it.   

Irrespective of the TT outcome I am glad we are taking him on as well.   We may win with one, none or both of those guys.  Without taking that risk however we will never never be a premiership threat.

Dan Connors was a risk.  Do you like him in the side? 

if dan connors decides to do a runner than i would put him in the same boat as TT. i would give him the same peeved expression im currently giving TT too.......

Ben Griffiths was a risk. A bigger risk than TT as he was drafted much earlier. But geez I am glad we are taking it.

Irrespective of the TT outcome I am glad we are taking him on as well. We may win with one, none or both of those guys. Without taking that risk however we will never never be a premiership threat.

If you want "smart judging of the risks" then the club should steer well clear of head cases like Taylor. They rarely if ever come off and the club end up pooring precious resources in to a players who doesn't have the commitment to even try to make an AFL career. Personally I'd rather see that time and money put into someone less talented but more dedicated.

As for Griffiths, the risk is if his battered shoulders will hold up and to a large extent that is beyond his or the clubs control unlike Taylor whose risk was poor attitude and lack of committment - factors which are almost completely under his control.

Yeah being cautious with smart judging, at the end of the day nothing is 100% guaranteed because a when a footballer hits the AFL spotlight they may do things that may distract them from their footy (look up Cleve Hughes).

The Official anouncement is still on hold, but IMO we bent over backwards to keep him out of GOAL and he has slapped us in the face........dont let the door hit your arse on the way out troy!

I'm surprised they haven't announced it. I am hoping that he was either pulling my leg or I was talking to a fake person in the facebook messages, because I really want him to stay. It shouldn't take this long to announce it if the draft is tomorrow and today is the final list lodgement. (isn't it?)

Few scenarios here...

1. He stays
2. He is undecided and gets rookied with a rookie pick with the possibility or returning to the RFC
3. He goes and we utilise another draft pick