Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Brodders17 said:
at last some self reflection GPB??

Yeah whatever. Like I said you will spoil it again.

I said he should of notified the club maybe you should read things a bit more carefully.

harx said:
SUM OF THESE POSTS R AN ABSOLUTE JOKE! firstly as an koori i find sum posts laughable, and secondly as someone who actually knows troy and ppl who know him very well, i thnk ppl should pull there heads in and try to b more understanding! i just have to say ppl dont know alot of things he has gone thru! also ritchie tambling is an awesome bloke who got crucifyed and unduly pressured by armchair critics(so called fans) and will burn it up at the crows! :mad:
Oh Boo-Hoo!! You know what, we all go through tough times, but unlike Taylor, who wakes up everyday and rocks up to training to kick a footy around, we have to go to work and earn money for a living. Either he toughens up, or stick to the NT.

Tambling is another example. To point the finger and blame the fans for his lack of hunger, success etc is an absolute crock!!! Basically takes no blame for his own actions and takes the easy way out. Will never be anything but a decent player as lacks the mental toughness. In regards to the fans, when he first rocked up everyone loved him and was very excited to have him around. The Buddy comparisons and critisicms started when he showed a complete lack of hunger for the RFC jumper!!

Brodders17 said:
i think a lot of the comments about taylor show ignorance and some at the very least border on racist.

Yeah that's right you THINK, you wouldn't have a clue, you're just guessing again.

The world is not fair. Whether people like or not some people will read this thread and use it as evidence that Richmond supporters are rabid, possibly racists, who happily eat our own at the first opportunity.

Troy is a troubled young kid, we knew that when we drafted him. Sometimes the universe gives fantastic ability to kids who others think don’t disserve it. I could name 6 or 7 premiership winning stars of the game who I have heard awful stories about.

Troy has missed a few days of training, he wasn’t gone on a killing spree, or shagged Chris Newman’s wife. The world hasn't ended yet, we need to chill out.

harx said:
SUM OF THESE POSTS R AN ABSOLUTE JOKE! firstly as an koori i find sum posts laughable, and secondly as someone who actually knows troy and ppl who know him very well, i thnk ppl should pull there heads in and try to b more understanding! i just have to say ppl dont know alot of things he has gone thru! also ritchie tambling is an awesome bloke who got crucifyed and unduly pressured by armchair critics(so called fans) and will burn it up at the crows! :mad:

If you want people to be more understanding maybe you could try enlightening them a bit rather than than just telling them to pull their heads in.

Feel free to inform us why the particular posts are laughable to you as a koori.

People can only judge by what they read/hear in the media at this stage. RFC have elected to advise people that Troy is dealing with personal issues via the official website. I wouldn't have been aware and am not surprised that led to public questions and concerns. of the situation otherwise It would be disappoinging if any player couldn't train because of personal issues, and even more concerning, rightly or wrongly, if the particular player has a troubled past.

I think we can still delist players and get new ones on our list. I hope Troy himself, and the RFC, are very confident he will overcome the issues if we retain him.

Col please report the racist posts so we can check them out. Several have already been removed.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
The world is not fair. Whether people like or not some people will read this thread and use it as evidence that Richmond supporters are rabid, possibly racists, who happily eat our own at the first opportunity.

Troy is a troubled young kid, we knew that when we drafted him. Sometimes the universe gives fantastic ability to kids who others think don’t disserve it. I could name 6 or 7 premiership winning stars of the game who I have heard awful stories about.

Troy has missed a few days of training, he wasn’t gone on a killing spree, or shagged Chris Newman’s wife. The world hasn't ended yet, we need to chill out.

Agree, it's off season foder and something that club isn't shocked by and more then likely has processes on standby to deal with this.

The goal is too have him playing great football by the time he is 22. Nothing so far changes that.

Col.W.Kurtz said:

Agree.

Time to give it a rest.

Leave the kid alone to sort himself out and hopefully come back soon to fulfil his obligations and more. And if he decides to do something else, that is his prerogative and no amount of precious bleating on an internet forum will be of any help.

GEDS1 said:
Gee I hope Troy doesn't read the bf forum some of the posts there are ordinary :-\
Some of the posts on here are pretty ordinary also.

Elmer one of the mods spent a lot of time editing this thread last night. I don't have time to read through it myself. If anyone thinks posts are inappropriate please clcik on "Report to Moderator" and give a brief explanation. We are then directed straight to the offending posts to check.

Col.W.Kurtz said:

The internet is no place to be reasonable.

Greg Denham reported on SEN that Gerard Neesham has taken Troy under his wing.Greg sees that as a positive in regards to Troy returning to Punt Road.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Yeah whatever. Like I said you will spoil it again.

I said he should of notified the club maybe you should read things a bit more carefully.

i asked if you knew when he did notify the club that he wasnt returning yet.
do you?
you said he should have notified the club earlier.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Yeah that's right you THINK, you wouldn't have a clue, you're just guessing again.

i do think suggesting someone isnt really indigenous because they wear shoes shows ignorance. as i said earlier if thats your attempt at humour i apologise for suggesting you showed ignorance. i hope i didnt offend you geoffrey. im sure noone on these boards wants to be offensive, sometimes it just happens.

rosy23 said:
Elmer one of the mods spent a lot of time editing this thread last night. I don't have time to read through it myself. If anyone thinks posts are inappropriate please clcik on "Report to Moderator" and give a brief explanation. We are then directed straight to the offending posts to check.
I'm not having a crack at mods Rosy. Just voicing my opinion there some are pretty narrow minded ordinary posts. Think they are pretty self evident and usual suspects.

Elmer said:
I'm not having a crack at mods Rosy.

Sorry if I implied that Elmer. I didn't mean to and although I quoted you my reply was supposed to be more general. Just want people to know it makes our job so much easier if people report posts they don't think are appropriate. We might get rid of them, edit them slightly or even leave them as they are but however it's handled we appreciate them being pointed out to us.

Col.W.Kurtz said:

Agree. I hate being pigeon-holed like that but it's hard to change perceptions.

rosy23 said:
Sorry if I implied that Elmer. I didn't mean to and although I quoted you my reply was supposed to be more general. Just want people to know it makes our job so much easier if people report posts they don't think are appropriate. We might get rid of them, edit them slightly or even leave them as they are but however it's handled we appreciate them being pointed out to us.
No worries Rosy. Disco's 'big brother' post back in the thread actually made me chuckle - hit, nail, head.

Should probably reside in the feedback topic but sometimes think the overt posts should remain to expose those who make them. But understand the reasons why the don't.

If in fact Troy has taken a leave of absence to address broader "indigenous issues" so be it.
he is young and I am sure pretty fit, so a bit of extra time off is no big deal for mind..

Perhaps the learning for the lad is to ensure that it is clear to all that need to know ( ie the club) , what he is doing and when whilst he is a contracted AFL player. And the learning for the club is to not comment to the media about players whom they are still figuring out What they are up to in the off season.

From what has been reported to date it seems more of a case of communication and understanding being required, than anything else.

I've heard it said a number of times that the AFL is a microcosm of the community at large, and this just proves it. You've got 40 plus people from different backgrounds being brought together to play a pretty demanding sport. It takes all sorts and that is what makes the game great.

Troy is at an age where tribal responsibilities are demanded of the young men and it is always a very serious exercise, in the past you could be killed going through initiation if you didn't treat it with the greatest respect and seriousness. If people would like to know more you can watch my documentary on NITV called Secret & Sacred - Badjala which deals with the subject matter. Tribal responsibilites can be asked of young men from 16 onwards but it is always determined by the Elders when they consider them ready. Perhaps this is what is happening and we should show it the respect it deserves. ;D