Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

lamb22 said:
Mysterious thread - states a brodders post as the last at 3.33 pm but it doesnt exist nor do some other posts.

Yep - my post disappeared.

Big Brother or technical glitch?

Mr Pumblechook said:
Big Brother or technical glitch?

nah, we live in a politically correct world and everything is racism & discrimination and people chuck hizzy fits.

Apologies for making the moderators work a bit but it's not my fault if some posters can't debate like civilised human beings.

would b interesting to see the different responses if someone like say a dustin martin needed some time to sort out sum personal issues, whether ppl would b as unsympathetic?

harx said:
would b interesting to see the different responses if someone like say a dustin martin needed some time to sort out sum personal issues, whether ppl would b as unsympathetic?

Sadly Barnzy is always like this. He completely non discriminatory in insulting all Richmond players and staff

harx said:

But he doesn't.

I guess the main problem for me in this discussion is that some people are directly or indirectly saying that Taylor left because he is weak, his head is stuffed, he doesn't care, he doesn't have guts and so on and so forth and he is deficient in all these areas BECAUSE HE IS BLACK.

When Nathan Ablett gave it away or Cleve Hughes didn't make it or Dane Swan or Didak or Shaw stuffed up, no one said it was BECAUSE THEY WERE WHITE.

Furthermore, none of us know what the issue is here, so why don't those of you who are holier than thou wait until we actually know what is the problem?

Who cares??

If he has issues to sort out the club will support him.

If he decides to end his AFL career then so be it.

He has potential but if he's not willing to work the hard yards a career in the AFL isn't for him.

On the other hand, if he sorts things out and returns good on him.

Djevv said:
That’s exactly what I am saying. Indigenous students these days have next to no literacy and numeracy skills and things are getting worse not better! Indigenous culture is nowhere near as strong as it once was. Many communities are totally dysfunctional - still. You hear anecdotally that the Indigenous youth don't respect their elders any longer.

Interestingly with Jurrah, despite having only limited English (and hence education) he is a very well respected initiated man in his community. Perhaps that is why he is coping well.

The really sad thing is that these people are often really, really gifted athletically (and in other areas) but they are unable to develop these gifts due to a lack of stable background.
This is a massive point. Initiation was once a rite of passage for all boys, all over the world. Helped prepare them for the difficult transition to manhood. Plenty of Aboriginal communities still practice it: they tell the fledgling male horror stories of the snake coming to get him, the women-folk weep and wail over him, then the men take him away and circumcise him and he comes back a man, apron-strings cut. It's an incredibly important and effective demarcation between boy/manhood. It's a practice most of the world has moved away from and look where it gets us - faux-mosexuals.

I suspect Taylor's running home to Mum. It's a natural reaction for a lonely kid who hasn't yet learned to stand alone. Compare Dustin Martin, who got initiated when the old man said, "if you don't like school, come see what it's like in the man's world". Martin is 19 going on 40. Cyril Rioli had his initiation when his Mum (with help from his uncles) sent him 10,000km to an all-boys' school.

I also agree with Scoop when he said Taylor was and is worth the risk/reward. Take a look at who was taken after him in the draft last year. Barely anyone of note bar Barlow, who lasted until the rookie draft, and Nason. Dennis-Lane perhaps. Well worth the punt, and well worth having at least another 12 months patience with.

Let us wait and see what eventuates in the next few days.
One thing is obvious to me, our club must not miss an opportu ity to draft a player simply because he is indigneous.
If the club needs to improve it's set up in that regard, who better in the whole country than Joel Bowden? Get Joel back in a welfare role with some management progression, perfect guy for the job.

skull

The Fish said:
I guess the main problem for me in this discussion is that some people are directly or indirectly saying that Taylor left because he is weak, his head is stuffed, he doesn't care, he doesn't have guts and so on and so forth and he is deficient in all these areas BECAUSE HE IS BLACK.

When Nathan Ablett gave it away or Cleve Hughes didn't make it or Dane Swan or Didak or Shaw stuffed up, no one said it was BECAUSE THEY WERE WHITE.

Furthermore, none of us know what the issue is here, so why don't those of you who are holier than thou wait until we actually know what is the problem?

Well with due respect, Taylor does have history. I am sure his deficiencies, perceived or otherwise, are not based on him being black. If Hughes had of been from a rural location with a conviction of assault on his resume, many would be saying the same thing if he just walked away and disappeared. From what I can tell, it appears also that there is a higher incidence percent-wise of Aboriginals struggling to adjust to the city life. This presumably has nothing to do with being black as you put it, but simply because of where they come from and have grown up. It can be difficult for youngsters. But as a club we need to separate ourelves from the emotional and make decisions based on what's best for the club.

I agree though, we should wait until we know 100% what the issue is before making final judgement. But its natural for people to pass opinion especially when the announcement made by the Tigers is so grey. You can't blame people for expecting the worst.

Rfc4Ever said:
Who cares??

If he has issues to sort out the club will support him.

If he decides to end his AFL career then so be it.

He has potential but if he's not willing to work the hard yards a career in the AFL isn't for him.

On the other hand, if he sorts things out and returns good on him.

In a nutshell

The Fish said:

Connors copped plenty. I don't think anyone has said it is because Taylor is black. Only you in big capital letters.

Tigers of Old said:
Connors copped plenty. I don't think anyone has said it is because Taylor is black. Only you in big capital letters.

You need to read the thread mate. some of the posts got deleted, some are still there. connors never copped it cos he was white.

ppl are assuming he has left the club . However I believe he is on leave from the club sorting out issues ..form what I hear a good chance to be back at training soon .

Skin Colour is irrelevant. Everyone should be treated the same. Troy has talent & would love to see him develop with us. If Troy wants to be with us - fine - if not. Then lets all move on. He has his life to lead & we have a club to follow.