Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Lets all go out and get some fresh air before this turns into yet another eat each other thread.

Hope Taylor gets his life back together and focusses on what he s naturally talented at.

Playing footy.

Good luck and that would be from 99.9 of us in here regardless of opinions.

Any thread in here turns into a poster against poster hatred ego clash BS thread.

Brodders17 said:
i wonder if o'reilly was back in ireland pondering whether to return if he would get the same comments thrown his way.

The only difference I would make would be that Troy has played the game a lot more & we picked him in the main draft. O'Reilly was a rookie punt. But yes....If O'Reilly had gone home to sort out his personal issues (do seem to be whether he wants to play at RFC) - then..........lets move on - all of us.

The Fish said:
You need to read the thread mate. some of the posts got deleted, some are still there. connors never copped it cos he was white.

It's disappointing if it's the case but you will always get some who throw mud in that direction unfortunately.
I largely just think many are simply questioning Taylor's attitude in much the same way as Connors copped plenty of flack for his indiscretions and colour has very little to do with it.

I am a huge fan of what I have seen from Troy so far. I would love to see him back and succeeding.

Tigers of Old said:
I am a huge fan of what I have seen from Troy so far. I would love to see him back and succeeding.

Oldie, I agree completely. I want him back and doing well too. let's keep our fingers crossed for him and the club.

Brodders17 said:
i wonder if o'reilly was back in ireland pondering whether to return if he would get the same comments thrown his way.

I don't think so but would it be because of race? McMahon has copped more than anyone, including Tambling so as the subject of internet keyboard warriors I don't think race has a lot to do with the vitriol players cop. Taylor had baggage so what has happened is not unexpected and I think the club will handle it. If he never plays another game so be it.

(And don't forget brodders we have your number one recruit Miller to fill the breach ;D )

Soulmanpete said:
ppl are assuming he has left the club . However I believe he is on leave from the club sorting out issues ..form what I hear a good chance to be back at training soon .

Lets hope your on the money Soulman and we can look back on this thread at a later date and say what a lot of baloney over nothing.

jb03 said:
I don't think so but would it be because of race? McMahon has copped more than anyone, including Tambling so as the subject of internet keyboard warriors I don't think race has a lot to do with the vitriol players cop. Taylor had baggage so what has happened is not unexpected and I think the club will handle it. If he never plays another game so be it.

(And don't forget brodders we have your number one recruit Miller to fill the breach ;D )

i dont think much of what tambling copped was race related.

i think a lot of the comments about taylor show ignorance and some at the very least border on racist.

and yep, more proof we need miller. 8)

GoodOne said:
Any other examples? In most cases, once this 'walkabout' starts usually the end is nigh, or they end up being ultra inconsistent. Me, I just think if a player is questioning his desire to play at just 19, then we should just cut the rope and let them go. Play the percentages. There are plenty of 19 year old kids that desperately want to play footy and make the associated sacrifices. Enough pandering to those who aren't committed from day 1.
I'm sure there are others GO that are less publicised, perhaps you could do your own research on the subject. It was primarily an example of how things can be turned around.

Clubs don’t treat all players the same. Never have and never will. It’s a balance of whether he will/would be a strong asset for the club – his seemingly innate talent makes me believe they think he could be – verses the cost to extract it. If it means considering his circumstances and a bit of flexibility so be it. If it is too much, fine cut him. Companies don’t treat all their staff the same, some get perks others don’t. It depends on what they bring to the organisation. That’s life.

As for other 19 year olds busting their arses but don’t have the requisite talents to make it. So what? File them under tries hard but not good enough. All kids don’t automatically have the same mental strength, guidance and support of others. It’s easy for us to chest beat about the sacrifices of others when you don’t have to do it yourself.

It seems likely (and always was) that Troy is up against it. We’ve put a bit into him already in his one year here, I hope/am happy to try and give him a few more to turn it around.

Let's not turn this into another Richmond has 'done something wrong' to a player sob story again, like some do with Tambling's time at the RFC.

The RFC is not to blame for any player's failure to play consistent football.
We place our faith in players rising to the standard of Senior League Football.
If they do, we give them a very good career.

We try to draft Indigenous players for the mercurial talents they have.
And there lies the problem.
Mercurial talent and consistent high standard players required to play Senior Football are at polar opposites.

Indigenous drafting HAS failed the Richmond Football Club.
Richmond has not failed Indigenous drafting.

Scribblar said:
Indigenous drafting HAS failed the Richmond Football Club.
Richmond has not failed Indigenous drafting.
Indeed. Ezra Poyas didn't make it either so put a line through Jewish recruitment.

Any other races or religious groups we can chuck in that don’t cut the mustard Scribblar?

From the Age
Here's hoping that Troy's absence is more of a reflection on his off-field responsibilities than his commitment to football

Richmond to wait on Taylor
Michael Gleeson
November 5, 2010

RICHMOND still expects Troy Taylor to return to the club this pre-season despite the player remaining in Alice Springs and missing the resumption of training while dealing with indigenous cultural issues.

Taylor, who is contracted for next year, remained in the Northern Territory after returning home in the off-season.

A family friend, Tim Lawrence, released a brief statement yesterday to confirm Taylor had taken an extended break from pre-season training due to ''an indigenous cultural issue''.
Advertisement: Story continues below

''Troy hopes to return to Melbourne so he can prepare for the 2011 AFL season and be with his teammates as soon as this is possible,'' Lawrence said.

''We ask that all football followers, in particular the media and the Tiger faithful, give Troy the understanding, respect and space that he needs at this current time.''

Richmond has committed to give the player the time he needs to work through his issues but still wants to have a clear indication that Taylor intended to return before the pre-season draft at the end of the month.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-to-wait-on-taylor-20101104-17ftb.html

Sometimes when reading threads like this I really hope the players are not reading them as well.

Troy is 19 and has gone through a massive life change, relocation and a year punctuated by a serious Court Case. He is still just a boy.

Its not that surprising that a boy of that age in these circumstances would struggle with that if that is actually what the issue is. None of us really know what the problem is.

I am buoyed by this article as yesterday it seemed like he was resigned to leaving. Glad to hear he is keen to run around with his "team mates". Unlike players that have weight control issues I am sure if he takes an extra couples of weeks to come back it will not overtly effect his preparation as he is very athletic and whippet body shape.

Please come back Troy as you are the mystery bag we need ie more x factor on the forward line than King and White.

Gee I hope Troy doesn't read the bf forum some of the posts there are ordinary :-\

Looking at them you would think that they would want a separate draft for every race that is not 3rd generation WASP which is not included on your main list which is reserved for the WASP's therefore taking away the risk.

All juniors carry a risk despite where they may come from.

NZtiger said:
''We ask that all football followers, in particular the media and the Tiger faithful, give Troy the understanding, respect and space that he needs at this current time.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-to-wait-on-taylor-20101104-17ftb.html[/color]

Yeah no worries Tim. Maybe Troy can understand that he has an obligation and is a contracted employee of the RFC and should notify the club of his 'extended leave' before the *smile* hits the fan and the club is dragged once again in the media.

Empty barrels make the loudest noise.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Yeah no worries Tim. Maybe Troy can understand that he has an obligation and is a contracted employee of the RFC and should notify the club of his 'extended leave' before the sh!t hits the fan and the club is dragged once again in the media.

Empty barrels make the loudest noise.

when did he tell the club?