Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

lamb22 said:
Just on Relton and the hamburgers. Why not let him have them on condition that he meets other benchmarks - possessions, goals, gym benchmarks.

In the old days some of the champs used to have fags or a punt at half time.

Gary senior trained when he felt like it. He was accommodated.

Of course output determines how much leniency or incentive you give a player but in principle a happy player is likely to perfom better than an unhappy player.

Why not just arrange for all our home games to be played in Darwin and we fly him in for the "away" games?

lamb22 said:
Just on Relton and the hamburgers. Why not let him have them on condition that he meets other benchmarks - possessions, goals, gym benchmarks.

In the old days some of the champs used to have fags or a punt at half time.

Gary senior trained when he felt like it. He was accommodated.

Of course output determines how much leniency or incentive you give a player but in principle a happy player is likely to perfom better than an unhappy player.

True, but did the Cats and Gary Snr win a flag?

Unfortunately, I think the most essential ingredient these days at AFL level is discipline, both self and team.

Streak said:
True, but did that Cats and Gary Snr win a flag?

Unfortunately, I think the most essential ingredient these days at AFL level is discipline, both self and team.

obviously the game has changed for GA snrs days.

a couple in recent time who went home include tadgh kennely, he went soon after final list lodgement, swannies took him back.
marty clarke is another, he hasnt returned yet, tho it appears the pies are keen to change his mind.
liam jurrah is another who had to return home during the season, when he was at pies VFL, he considered his options, had to be convinced to return to Melb. the pies would have taken him in a flash if they could, as it was the first team that could pick him did.

did GA jnr ever leave the cats? from memory he thought about it when he ws young and needed convincign to stay, bet the cats are glad they took the effort with him.

Whilst people point out (justifiably) our poor record with indig players Hawthorn also lost Peterson, Hooper and Stokes just recently. Are Hawthorn considered to be poor developers of indig players?

If Taylor has valid family issues to deal with then fair enough, but if he's just contemplating his desire to play AFL then I say cut him loose. If you start playing favourites with players and giving them perks it sends the wrong message to the rest of the team who are abiding by team rules and working their butts off for the team and hopefully team success. It's a team sport, if a player cannot see the opportunity being presented or just doesn't want to do the hard yards then there is no point continually trying to convince them. To play the elite level you have to have a deep desire to want to succeed. It's not something that is generally taught, it's in your makeup. Hoping that this is not the case with Taylor, the paper article suggested he was very impressive with his committment on the training track in the early days, so hopefully it is just an off-season reflection issue that has manifested during time off.

GoodOne said:
If Taylor has valid family issues to deal with then fair enough, but if he's just contemplating his desire to play AFL then I say cut him loose. If you start playing favourites with players and giving them perks it sends the wrong message to the rest of the team who are abiding by team rules and working their butts off for the team and hopefully team success. It's a team sport, if a player cannot see the opportunity being presented or just doesn't want to do the hard yards then there is no point continually trying to convince them. To play the elite level you have to have a deep desire to want to succeed. It's not something that is generally taught, it's in your makeup. Hoping that this is not the case with Taylor, the paper article suggested he was very impressive with his committment on the training track in the early days, so hopefully it is just an off-season reflection issue that has manifested during time off.

do these rules only apply to indigenous players?

I just don't understand why so many posters are being judgemental and insulting towards Taylor without knowing the details.

tigertim said:
Whilst people point out (justifiably) our poor record with indig players Hawthorn also lost Peterson, Hooper and Stokes just recently. Are Hawthorn considered to be poor developers of indig players?

Well traditionally they were the 'family club' which did not recruit indigenous players. Its ironic that Cyril and Buddy have been key to their recent albeit temporary success.

Mysterious thread - states a brodders post as the last at 3.33 pm but it doesnt exist nor do some other posts.

The kid will be something special and we need someone at the club to do something very special to get the best out of the kid. Right now we have Taylor and Edwards as the only indigenous blokes on our list, no wonder Taylor doesnt feel comfortable.

SUM OF THESE POSTS R AN ABSOLUTE JOKE! firstly as an koori i find sum posts laughable, and secondly as someone who actually knows troy and ppl who know him very well, i thnk ppl should pull there heads in and try to b more understanding! i just have to say ppl dont know alot of things he has gone thru! also ritchie tambling is an awesome bloke who got crucifyed and unduly pressured by armchair critics(so called fans) and will burn it up at the crows! :mad:

Jason King said:
The kid will be something special and we need someone at the club to do something very special to get the best out of the kid. Right now we have Taylor and Edwards as the only indigenous blokes on our list, no wonder Taylor doesnt feel comfortable.
Oh no he has no other indigenous players around him?
All he has to do is play football. ::) ::)

harx said:
SUM OF THESE POSTS R AN ABSOLUTE JOKE! firstly as an koori i find sum posts laughable, and secondly as someone who actually knows troy and ppl who know him very well, i thnk ppl should pull there heads in and try to b more understanding! i just have to say ppl dont know alot of things he has gone thru! also ritchie tambling is an awesome bloke who got crucifyed and unduly pressured by armchair critics(so called fans) and will burn it up at the crows! :mad:
Sticks and stones.

The Fish said:
I just don't understand why so many posters are being judgemental and insulting towards Taylor without knowing the details.

Get used to it,but i do agree with you!

lamb22 said:
Mysterious thread - states a brodders post as the last at 3.33 pm but it doesnt exist nor do some other posts.

i assume some of the racist comments and replying posts were deleted.

Whats that got to do with it? maurice rioli had no one but he was a star

Tigermad2005 said:
Oh no he has no other indigenous players around him?
All he has to do is play football. ::) ::)

You dont get it? Everyone needs to feel like they belong. Its pretty hard having black skin, even in 2010. As silly as it sounds, football is not life. Its a small part of life.

harx said:
Tambling had plenty of chances at the club to perform at a level expected by both the coaching staff and Supporters.He didn,t due to one excuse or another.he has only himself to blame.

harx said:
also ritchie tambling is an awesome bloke who got crucifyed and unduly pressured by armchair critics(so called fans) and will burn it up at the crows! :mad:
Boo hoo. Give me a break.

harx said:

chris_crocker_leave_britney_alone.jpg

"Leave Taylor alone"