Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Interestingly enough, when I saw this story's headline posted on the Hun website, I thought it referred to Tiger Woods, so I didn't bother reading it.

Max said:
He got in trouble in Darwin and the family then relocated to Alice. So it's probably not the 'same old crowd that landed him in strife in the past'. Complete beat up by the HUN, they need a bad richmond story to sell papers and have probably been hunting one for weeks. Why would it take 7 days to report if it was such a big deal?

I'll wait until the full facts come to light before making a judgement on the young man.

It is amazing, yesterday I came into work, sat down at my computer and was prompted by windows tp update my password. Not a word of a lie, I changed my password to Taylor44 because of all the kids we drafted, he was the one that I could not wait to see play in the black and yellow. I could be the jinx :-[

I hope that it all blows over and it is a beat-up but another part of me thinks that this kid has top 15 pick type talent and no other clubs were prepared to take a risk on him. Maybe he plain and simply just isn't a great person? Maybe 15 other clubs sat down with him during the interviews at draft camp and decided that he was trouble.
I hope I am wrong, I hope it is just a case of poor up brining and some immaturity on his behalf because I would love to see him roaming around the foward line for the next ten years

Rosy, not sure about parole, I think I read somewhere he had a community based order because of some previous mischief and he had to get permission to leave the NT to join Richmond's training.

Bit confused by the report. A "street party" by definition is in the street and anybody can walk/use etc a street. Not sure if somebody can make you leave a street (apart from Police). In Victoria you need council approval to close a street to hold a "street party"

The term street party is ambiguous. The "street" parties we used to have weren't held on the street but were held in private houses, usually alternating to a different house in the street for each party.

There's a reason why players with his ability slip to pick 51.
Now we're seeing it. :mad:
Maybe if we hadnt picked him he may not have got picked up at all.

Blackcat said:
"grabbed Taylor by the shirt and marched him on to the road"

I dont know about you boys, but if any one puts there hands on me I can garantee you they will cop a shlappp kick to the head.

Never ever put your hands on someone and expect nothing to happen, I know there is two sides to a storey but something here does not add up.

Sounds to me like this guy got phisical first and tired to march our boy out and then was roughed up, if this is the case then it serves him right for trying to take the law into his own hands.

One thing I have learnt is never ever believe what is published in the herald sun, 99 times out of 100 its total bull sh*t, they only ever print the side of the story that sells a papet!!!

Come onto my property uninvited and expect to be asked to leave and if you dont I'll move you for the safety of my family, make no dobt.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Some people fall in with the bad crowd, some people are the bad crowd

He did say in an interview that he wanted to get away from the bad crowd.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Some people fall in with the bad crowd, some people are the bad crowd

And some blame the others in the crowd. We're all responsible for our own choices and actions so hopefully there's no substance to the article.

I've read the story in the paper only. I don't know what aspects are true and which aren't.
The truth of the story, I guess, will be discovered by the RFC in due course. (Though I have grave reservations regarding the NT Police actually coming to a fair and true conclusion where indigenous Australians are concerned.)

I also know that 18/19yo boys are proned to make errors of judgement that they later strongly regret.

Clearly Troy has got himself into a disappointing situation.

However, the future of Troy should not taken away on the back of one incident. If it becomes repetitive behaviour ........

He needs to learn not to get himself into such situations again. If that requires a corrective task to help him learn from that error of judgement, so be it.

I hope Troy overcomes this incident and goes onto become a noted Tiger premiership player.

I must say that when I read this article a few things sounded a bit off.
As others have put forward "gate crashed a street party" ?
Right here is where the BS starts IMO.

You dont have a street party & then pick & choose who can be there,its about being social & getting to know
others from your area,meeting new people.

Taylor is then alleged to have slapped a bloke who asked him to leave?
You dont slap a man if you want to cause injury, you get slapped if you say or infer something that is offending.

Gotta love this part:

"Police received reports from the victims and other witnesses that the three were assaulted after asking another group of uninvited guests to leave the area," she said.

The funniest thing about this is that the 3 so called victims( 33, 39, 47) seem to recall the events of the night
quite well, a little strange for early new years day in the Alice for my liking.

Whats worse is others on this site read the article & still thought the worst. ???

End of the day he's an 18 year old thats got into a punch up. The Club drafted him knowing his past, give him abit more time around some positive role models like Bling and others befor we send him packing.

Who know he might be a hard nut on the field as well. Hell we could do with that. ( within the rules of course )

Yes,

Part of the education that the RFC can give him is to be able to identify in the early stages when incidents like this may arise.

According to the story, it was when another group of uninvited guests arrived or started to cause trouble.

A simple alternative may have been for Troy to leave the party and go elsewhere.

Anyway, the facts of the story are yet to be determined.

Phantom said:
A simple alternative may have been for Troy to leave the party and go elsewhere.

Haha, you reckon?  ;)

The story seems really fishy to me......how a skinny 18 year old could drop three 'grown-ass' men by himself is beyond me.

I see the HUN have on the side news.

Lovett accused of "alleged rape".

They look after Essendon on that paper.

skiptomystu said:
how a skinny 18 year old could drop three 'grown-ass' men by himself is beyond me.

have to admit when I read that two things ran through my mind:

1) at least he doesn't do the Pies thing of sniping people from behind

2) at least we now have someone taller than a gnome who can handle themselves in the rough stuff

We can put this down as a recruiting blunder & a waste of a pick.He already has a rap sheet so the best approach would have been not to draft him.But silly us did & he's already being investiagted.

mb64 said:
And where was he over the xmas period?
Visiting his family perhaps?

mb64 said:
We can put this down as a recruiting blunder & a waste of a pick.He already has a rap sheet so the best approach would have been not to draft him.But silly us did & he's already being investiagted.
Are you serious? :duh

mb64 said:
Yep, lured by the X factor, like the sailors were to the Sirens - bit of kulture ;D.