Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

As his president I really hope that he was just a bit of a bystander in all of this, and that he can just get back to training without any worries...

But on the other hand, I'm extremely interested to see how Hardwick and Gale and co. handle the situation if he is guilty.

skiptomystu said:
As his president I really hope that he was just a bit of a bystander in all of this, and that he can just get back to training without any worries...

But on the other hand, I'm extremely interested to see how Hardwick and Gale and co. handle the situation if he is guilty.
Might be a stupid question but does he have some sort of parole?

"grabbed Taylor by the shirt and marched him on to the road"

I dont know about you boys, but if any one puts there hands on me I can garantee you they will cop a shlappp kick to the head.

Never ever put your hands on someone and expect nothing to happen, I know there is two sides to a storey but something here does not add up.

Sounds to me like this guy got phisical first and tired to march our boy out and then was roughed up, if this is the case then it serves him right for trying to take the law into his own hands.

One thing I have learnt is never ever believe what is published in the herald sun, 99 times out of 100 its total bull sh*t, they only ever print the side of the story that sells a papet!!!

Bugger bugger bugger. Now I've got to shut up about Carltank. I was really enjoying that too.

*smile* great.

Well done troy. Career could be over before it began.

Just another wasted draft pick possibily.

Blackcat said:
"grabbed Taylor by the shirt and marched him on to the road"

I dont know about you boys, but if any one puts there hands on me I can garantee you they will cop a shlappp kick to the head.

Never ever put your hands on someone and expect nothing to happen, I know there is two sides to a storey but something here does not add up.

Sounds to me like this guy got phisical first and tired to march our boy out and then was roughed up, if this is the case then it serves him right for trying to take the law into his own hands.

One thing I have learnt is never ever believe what is published in the herald sun, 99 times out of 100 its total bull sh*t, they only ever print the side of the story that sells a papet!!!

Taylor was trespassing and setting off fireworks, he was aked to leave a number of times before being "marched out". It was poor act by Troy and should not be excused. He deserves a chance but he has now used that chance, any further breaches should result in delisting.

Shouldnt we all wait till RFC make commment before we start speculating on who is going to replace him on the list?

Herald Sun always exaggerates with stuff like this... Bad form from the kid to put himself in this situation but lets hear the story first.

All I see from the story is 3 middle aged men being beaten by a 18 year kid and alleged witnesses backing the story up. Sounds a bit suss to me.

For Troys sake I hope so anyway.

This is an absolute beat up by HUN. I would suggest that people calm down and wait until the facts are revealed. one thing for sure Troy can handle himself, nowhere in the HUN does it say that Troy was the agressor only he knocked down three people after he was man handled. You cannot man handle anyone even if they are on your property, unless it is in self defence. I dont think much will come of this.

Just because he is black does not automatacly make him guilty of wrong doing.

I'll form an opinion once facts are known.    Disappointing that he is in this situation but at the moment "accused" and "investigated" don't equate to charged and found guilty. 

Isn't Troy on parole for another assault incident?  If so a guilty verdict, if actually charged, could mean jail. If Troy is found guilty I'll be very interested to see how the club, based on their media comments, deal with it.

There's a bit much water to flow under the bridge, and too little facts known, to turn on the kid at this stage.

Edit...I thought I'd read Troy was on parole but can't find it in a search so am probably wrong there.

It may be a media beat-up but let's face it, there comes a point where people have to be responsible for their own actions.

The fact that Troy finds himself in any type of position like this would lean towards the fact that he failed to learn his lesson the first time around which may also elude to the fact that he may never learn, some people just don't get it.

The kid has been given a golden ticket, a fresh start and a chance to make something of his life. Why he would go back home to be around the same old crowd which has landed him in strife in the past is beyond me. It is also beyond me that the club has let him travel home knowing his past problems.

If found guilty, and also due to the fact that Troy is 18 he very well may have to spend time behind bars as I believe his last incident was very serious. If this is the case, I dare say that it will spell career over for a very exciting prospect.

tigertime2 said:
This is an absolute beat up by HUN. I would suggest that people calm down and wait until the facts are revealed. one thing for sure Troy can handle himself, nowhere in the HUN does it say that Troy was the agressor only he knocked down three people after he was man handled. You cannot man handle anyone even if they are on your property, unless it is in self defence. I dont think much will come of this.

well said. i read another poster's comments on a different board to the effect of:

here's an 18 year old kid who single-handedly knocked down 3 men in their 30s and 40s, yet just moments earlier, one of the men was able to 'drag taylor by his collars and march him out onto the streets' all by himself. story sounds a bit fishy in detail. all we have heard is this one beat-up column which only spoke to the accusers plus a few mystery witnesses (the accuser's mates perhaps??) without hearing anything from the police or the club.

tigertime2 said:
This is an absolute beat up by HUN.   I would suggest that people calm down and wait until the facts are revealed.  one thing for sure Troy can handle himself, nowhere in the HUN does it say that Troy was the agressor only he knocked down three people after he was man handled.  You cannot man handle anyone even if they are on your property, unless it is in self defence.  I dont think much will come of this.

We should stick with facts ourselves tt.  The article did insinuate, though that certainly doesn't mean it's factual, Troy was the agressor imo. "He claimed when he approached Taylor and asked him to leave the party, Taylor slapped him in the face."

Not sure about your last comment.  Has anyone made judgement based on Troy's colour?

rickyvaughn99 said:
It may be a media beat-up but let's face it, there comes a point where people have to be responsible for their own actions.

The fact that Troy finds himself in any type of position like this would lean towards the fact that he failed to learn his lesson the first time around which may also elude to the fact that he may never learn, some people just don't get it.

The kid has been given a golden ticket, a fresh start and a chance to make something of his life. Why he would go back home to be around the same old crowd which has landed him in strife in the past is beyond me. It is also beyond me that the club has let him travel home knowing his past problems.

He got in trouble in Darwin and the family then relocated to Alice. So it's probably not the 'same old crowd that landed him in strife in the past'. Complete beat up by the HUN, they need a bad richmond story to sell papers and have probably been hunting one for weeks. Why would it take 7 days to report if it was such a big deal?

I'll wait until the full facts come to light before making a judgement on the young man.

The kid has a dodgy past, and has only been on an afl list for a few weeks. No doubt he got on the grog with his mates and got carried away - maybe he was thinking of NYE as a "last hurrah" to his old mates and old life.

He will learn pretty quickly what the expectation is in terms of player discipline at RFC.

Regardless if the incidence occurred as reported, I say give him a chance. He can't be compared with Lovett who's been around for years, knows the boundaries and yet still stuffs up repeatedly.

Maybe i'm being hopelessly inappropriate but part of me likes the idea that an 18 year old boy is tough enough to handle himself so well against 3 men.

This is where Bling will earn his keep. He's already saved his brother from a life of drugs and crime. He knows how to handle young kids who have gone astray. Watch him pull Troy into line.

I have total faith the Hardwick and the club will deal with the situation in the manner they see most appropriate. It is a shame that we had to have this media incident at all, but thems the breaks.