Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

thegdog said:
please tigers dont draft aboriginal players unless they have half a brain and are well adjusted and come from a good family. They exhaust a lot of resources otherwise and cannot be relied on and thats why bombers will not be a consistant team for a very long time ! This statement is harsh but bloody eg roberts taylor hooper etc etc etc
I think you are off the mark. But also maybe just fishing for a response.

spook said:
Cleve Hughes didn't have the talent. Nearly every bloke who has the talent and p!sses it away regrets it later.

And so might he, but this is now and at this time in his life, it might not be for him. It's his life. We all quit jobs we don't like and sometimes look back in hindsight and think that might not have been so bad after all. He's 20 years old.

I *smile* myself reading all the apologists getting up on their soap boxes bleating, fair dinkum maybe is nothing more simple than the fact Troy just DOESNT want to be at the RFC anyone stopped to think of that..

Sad case, hope it works. The talent is clear for all to see.

Still worth the punt at pick 51. Not writing him off yet. Didn't see him playing a major role to 2012-13.

thegdog said:
please tigers dont draft aboriginal players unless they have half a brain and are well adjusted and come from a good family. They exhaust a lot of resources otherwise and cannot be relied on and thats why bombers will not be a consistant team for a very long time ! This statement is harsh but bloody eg roberts taylor hooper etc etc etc

You sound like Alan McAllister - terribly ignorant view but not surprising given your posting history.

As fiesty tiger says how the bloody hell would most of us know what challenges he faces every day. I hope he comes back and will be disappointed if he doesn't give it a red hot go but it's the kids choice in the end

Compared to what i do everyday at work and the pressure im under and whats at stake if i *smile* up , i'll back the pressures of my life in over a kid like Taylors anyday, in fact i'll put em up against most of the population without fear or favour lets see how he''d go walking in my shoes.

If im not coping i just cant up and walk, enuff apologies anuff excuses if the kid cant hack it, doesnt like it has other things on his mind or doesnt want to be there let him go.

Total Tiger said:
And so might he, but this is now and at this time in his life, it might not be for him. It's his life. We all quit jobs we don't like and sometimes look back in hindsight and think that might not have been so bad after all. He's 20 years old.
He's 19. Immature. Doesn't know what's best for him. Sometimes we need to be made to do things we find hard, for our own good. What are the chances he'll make a better life back in his old circumstances? Best thing for Troy could well be to have an elder he respects kick his arse all the way back to Melbourne. Or he might just have different priorities and be happy playing local footy, fishing and hunting. Plenty of blokes have gone that way too. Or he'll fall back into his old ways - plenty have done that too. Fact is none of us knows exactly what's going on.

SCOOP said:
Sad case, hope it works. The talent is clear for all to see.

Still worth the punt at pick 51. Not writing him off yet. Didn't see him playing a major role to 2012-13.
Agree with all that.

Where did we lose the knack? Or were Rioli, Mitchell & Egan just exceptional people, and Richmond exceptionally lucky? How has Melbourne integrated a bloke like Jurrah while our indigenous boys treat the place like a halfway house?

spook said:
One thing I'm confident of is if we leave him alone up there he's gone. If we want him we should send a delegation to impress on him a) that we want and need him, and b) his obligation to his teammates and himself. Hardwick, Newman, Morton, Lids, Cotch, Jack, Dusty: "Look us in the eye son and tell us you're leaving us in the lurch after everything we've done for you. Better yet, come back with us, put your head down and make your family proud."

Well said!

feisty tige said:
"Ahh... Derek, I don't know if you're familiar with the belief that some aboriginal tribes hold... It's the concept that a photo might steal a part of your soul. I'm mean what are your thoughts on that, as someone who gets his picture taken for a living?"
"Well, I guess I have to answer your question, with another question... How many abadigitals do you see modeling!?"

Is this an added incentive to not draft indiginous players then?
The club as well as many of us must be wondering if it's just too hit and miss to draft them now. Is it worth the risk? We have been burnt a lot in recent times. Taylor (if he leaves), Roberts, JON, Tambling, Krak.
Yes I do realise there are exceptional players out there, but we can't seem to pick them in the last 15 years.

And my brother in law is part aboriginal before people start calling me racist. Just a genuine question, In the cut throat business of AFL, and given our recent history, is it too much of a risk???

craig said:
I p!ss myself reading all the apologists getting up on their soap boxes bleating, fair dinkum maybe is nothing more simple than the fact Troy just DOESNT want to be at the RFC anyone stopped to think of that..

Hmm, were you standing on a soap box when you posted that?

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Where did we lose the knack? Or were Rioli, Mitchell & Egan just exceptional people, and Richmond exceptionally lucky? How has Melbourne integrated a bloke like Jurrah while our indigenous boys treat the place like a halfway house?

Its amazing isn't it? Whether it is just luck in that we haven't picked the "right" ones or we don't offer the support thats needed, I don't know. Whatever it is, we seem to have been doing something wrong.

I just hope to god he can realise what he is potentially throwing away and give it a fair dinkum crack.

spook said:
He's 19. Immature. Doesn't know what's best for him. Sometimes we need to be made to do things we find hard, for our own good. What are the chances he'll make a better life back in his old circumstances? Best thing for Troy could well be to have an elder he respects kick his arse all the way back to Melbourne.

Wasn't Ernie Dingo going to be his Melbourne mentor? At 19 a lot of boys have trouble taking to the AFL world.

craig said:
I p!ss myself reading all the apologists getting up on their soap boxes bleating, fair dinkum maybe is nothing more simple than the fact Troy just DOESNT want to be at the RFC anyone stopped to think of that..

yes, thats possible.
or he mightnt want to play afl,
or he might miss his family,
or his gf might miss her family,
or he might have sick family,
or his brother might be in trouble,
or someone close might have passed away
or.......

as a side note liam jurrah left melb during the season when he played with collingwood vfl. he looks ok now.
tadgh kennelly is another who left his club, actually soon after draft time so he wasnt replaced. he doesnt cop too much abuse im sure.

craig said:
Compared to what i do everyday at work and the pressure im under and whats at stake if i *smile* up , i'll back the pressures of my life in over a kid like Taylors anyday, in fact i'll put em up against most of the population without fear or favour lets see how he''d go walking in my shoes.

If im not coping i just cant up and walk, enuff apologies anuff excuses if the kid cant hack it, doesnt like it has other things on his mind or doesnt want to be there let him go.

At 19 you may have been able to.

I don't know what everyone is getting so worked up about. Being drafted to an AFL club is not a life sentence. He is free to quit if he wants to. Good luck to him.

Its unbelievable that we cant take a trick with the indigenous players. It seems no matter what we do they do for them they do not want to play for us.

The kid has a reason or reasons why hes gone home what they are doesnt matter in my eyes, if he doesnt want to play AFL fine, thats his decision, if he simply wants to go home because he doesnt like city life or he misses his family or community thats fine too, if he has a girlfriend i dont care, if he doesnt like the RFC thats his perogotive the point is whatever is going on its up to the kid, whatever it is that makes him want to go home is bigger to him than the RFC and AFL footy.

Good luck to him, but no point pandering and cajolling and fawning over someone who doesnt want to stay regardless of their reason why it doesnt matter in my eyes what matters is the crux of it all it still spells i dont want to be here or doing this.

craig said:
Good luck to him, but no point pandering and cajolling and fawning over someone who doesnt want to stay regardless of their reason why it doesnt matter in my eyes what matters is the crux of it all it still spells i dont want to be here or doing this.

This is true. Just sets the rebuild back just a little little longerr.

probably be in jail this time next year.

give hicks his spot on the list.