Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Plenty to work with in Troy.
Its all up to him.
If he puts in the hard yards and willing to listen and learn then he,ll make it.
If he doesn,t its see you later.

tigertim said:
I'm not bagging the boy I'm just saying that on yesterdays display there are aspects he needs to address.

Really? I thought he'd come out and be a superstar from day 1.

tigertim said:
I'm not bagging the boy I'm just saying that on yesterdays display there are aspects he needs to address.

On yesterday's display, there are aspects that Cotch and Dusty need to address.

Troy should/could have had three goals. He will be ok.

Huge upside for young Troy... uses his body pretty well, plenty of tricks and has the x-factor about him. Also i saw a couple of second efforts which was really pleasing. He will be a player who we have to be patient with.

Has a real x factor thing about his marking that I enjoy watching. Massive load off the kid with the court stuff put away and he can now concentrate on the pre-season. Fitness & strength will come in time.

If he can do the team thnig week in, week out, he'll be an automatic inclusion every week.

Now this is going to be an interesting player.

I suspect that he will frustrate us with laconic, half-hearted efforts then take our breath away with unexpected second and third efforts, just like he did in that lazy run to the ball near the boundary when he was in A-1 position, only to be beaten all-up, only to jump in with a wonderful tackle and dispossession of his man.

He could be a game-breaker in five years.

TOT70 said:

I suspect that he will frustrate us with laconic, half-hearted efforts then take our breath away with unexpected second and third efforts, just like he did in that lazy run to the ball near the boundary when he was in A-1 position, only to be beaten all-up, only to jump in with a wonderful tackle and dispossession of his man.

AGREE

tigertim said:
Seems we're not allowed to objective about Troy.

What were the great signs from yesterdays game that Troy displayed? Seems people here are praising him on his reputation not on what he showed.

Stats don't tell the whole story but give a little insight: 8 disposals, 2 contested, 50% efficiency, 2 clangers, 5 tackles. So 4 effective disposals for the game?

ok so some of the passes and handballs he got were dodgy did u take them into account? there is aspects the hole team needs to address not just troy compared to the first time i seen him play (practice match againts bummers) to yesterday i seen a massive improvement with he's body language if he keeps out of trouble and has a good pre season he will be a x factor for sure

TOT70 said:

Absoutly, he feels like the type of player that is going to have games where he gets 3 touches and his opponent has 25. However he seems to have the talent to single handedly swing a game in our favour and I reckon we haven't had too many of those types in the last decade.

reported he was the youngest player out there. time, pre-seasons and discipline are required here.

TOT70 said:
There's the big career killer as far as posters are concerned.

People already debating his potential superstardom or lack after just four games.
Troy's a spindly stick of a kid with plenty of raw talent, he's going to need three or four years to grow a match hardened body and develop his flashes of skill into consistent footy.
I spent all year enjoying the way the kids grew into the team and game plan and intend doing the same all next year. Our lists that young and inexperienced there's still a stack of improvement to be made just to become a consistent competitive side.
If all goes as Dimma plans it I would be expecting finals footy in 2012 and onwards.
Heaps of games to be built into our first and second year players before I worry to much about them being stars.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Absoutly, he feels like the type of player that is going to have games where he gets 3 touches and his opponent has 25.

We have had dozens of players like the above

Col.W.Kurtz said:
However he seems to have the talent to single handedly swing a game in our favour and I reckon we haven't had too many of those types in the last decade.

Like you said Colonel, not enough of the above

tigertim said:
Seems we're not allowed to objective about Troy.

What were the great signs from yesterdays game that Troy displayed? Seems people here are praising him on his reputation not on what he showed.

Stats don't tell the whole story but give a little insight: 8 disposals, 2 contested, 50% efficiency, 2 clangers, 5 tackles. So 4 effective disposals for the game?

pretty dangerous to set yourself up as the doyen of objectivity, especially when the post is one the more analytically questionable ones I've read. But I suppose PRE takes all types.