Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Shows potential, but far too earlt to get excited about him. Krakouer did as much as Taylor has in his first few games.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Shows potential, but far too earlt to get excited about him. Krakouer did as much as Taylor has in his first few games.

Ok then Phil. Wont comment on any guy until he is established in our best 22.

great signs.... and he has already shows he has more tricks than krackour. Huge upside. He would have went in the top 10 draft if he didnt have issues he had to deal with
Be patient but has what it takes

WesternTiger said:
Ok then Phil. Wont comment on any guy until he is established in our best 22.
Not having a go Westy, just stating my view (this is after all a forum of opinions isn't it)? I certainly haven't seen him do enough yet to get excited about him. But if you have, good luck to you.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Not having a go Westy, just stating my view (this is after all a forum of opinions isn't it)? I certainly haven't seen him do enough yet to get excited about him. But if you have, good luck to you.

But you could easily have said he has shown as much as Jack in his first few games.

Btw has shown a lot more than Krakouer if you want to compare their first 4 games based on stats.

Has the bag of tricks, just a question if he can put it all together in the noggin.

Boy does his make some stuff like easy. Long strider too, doesn't look like he is going quick but he covers a lot of ground quickly.

Punxsutawney Phil said:

Andy Krakouer wasnt 6'3"

WesternTiger said:
But you could easily have said he has shown as much as Jack in his first few games.

Btw has shown a lot more than Krakouer if you want to compare their first 4 games based on stats.

Could have compared him to any number of players. Does it really matter who I compared him to?

I recall Krak kicking 2 or 3 in a whalloping by Essendon in his first game and thinking this kid is going to be a player. And I wasn't the only one. The point is, a handful of games, where the guy has done not much, is not enough in my view to go making big statements about him, like some have.

However, if you want to get excited about him, don't let me stop you. Hope you are right.

I thought he was very average today, wouldn't go in and get the ball, made a few errors. It takes more than looking easy and laconic to make the grade Troy.

tigertim said:
I thought he was very average today, wouldn't go in and get the ball, made a few errors. It takes more than looking easy and laconic to make the grade Troy.

jesus christ, hes played 4 games. JR was laconic and lazy 15 weeks ago.

tigergollywog said:
jesus christ, hes played 4 games. JR was laconic and lazy 15 weeks ago.

Jesus Christ played 4 games for who? Us?

And what's JR being laconic 15 weeks ago got to do with what I wrote?

There is nothing wrong with getting excited about one of our own. When I last checked AFL clubs traded on hope and that is what we have with Troy real hope.

Has plenty of magic and potential but his vision with the ball and kicking is not in the AFL class yet.

A long way to go IMO but the ball is totally in his court if he wants to work hard.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Has plenty of magic and potential but his vision with the ball and kicking is not in the AFL class yet.

A long way to go IMO but the ball is totally in his court if he wants to work hard.
i think we have a player.

What was the word on his kicking when he was a junior?
It has not been great - is it nerves of a young player or is he an ordinary kick?

super_coach said:
i think we have a player.

What was the word on his kicking when he was a junior?
It has not been great - is it nerves of a young player or is he an ordinary kick?

I am hoping it's just a little bit based on early career nerves.

A couple of his passes to players running back with the flight of the ball were sensational, looked like he just caressed the ball with his foot, I hope to see more of that when he settles down into his role.

Seems we're not allowed to objective about Troy.

What were the great signs from yesterdays game that Troy displayed? Seems people here are praising him on his reputation not on what he showed.

Stats don't tell the whole story but give a little insight: 8 disposals, 2 contested, 50% efficiency, 2 clangers, 5 tackles. So 4 effective disposals for the game?

I'm not bagging the boy I'm just saying that on yesterdays display there are aspects he needs to address.

tigertim said:
Seems we're not allowed to objective about Troy.

What were the great signs from yesterdays game that Troy displayed? Seems people here are praising him on his reputation not on what he showed.

Stats don't tell the whole story but give a little insight: 8 disposals, 2 contested, 50% efficiency, 2 clangers, 5 tackles. So 4 effective disposals for the game?

I'm not bagging the boy I'm just saying that on yesterdays display there are aspects he needs to address.

The signs? Several pieces of his play showed silky football skill.

Sure there are aspects to address, what first year player doesn't have aspects to address. The thing is he shows great potential so long as he continues to improve. People tend to look at young players and say well if he can do that now imagine what he will do when he gets fully fit, puts some weight on and gains consistency.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
This lad can seriously mark. Our key forward stocks are looking better

Agree Kurtzy. Has great hands in general.
Just when you think he's out of the contest those long arms somehow pluck the ball out and he's off.
Hopefully he develops because I think this kid could be dynamite.

Tigers of Old said:
Agree Kurtzy. Has great hands in general.
Just when you think he's out of the contest those long arms somehow pluck the ball out and he's off.
Hopefully he develops because I think this kid could be dynamite.

I agree, that mark in the 1st quarter was very exciting, I think he has a huge amount of potential, looking forward to seeing him develop next year after a good pre season of gym work