Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Was OK yesterday, but won't get drawn into making big calls about him like some have.

are you being funny? If Punxsutawney Phil wont make the big call, this black and yellow afro brother will. TROY TAYLOR has got It with a capital I. I'm getting 44 on my back.

tigergollywog said:
are you being funny? If Punxsutawney Phil wont make the big call, this black and yellow afro brother will. TROY TAYLOR has got It with a capital I. I'm getting 44 on my back.

Good point! :hihi

tigergollywog said:

All youngsters who do well will change to a lower number, unless they request specifically to keep what they have. So I'd wait a year or two first ;)

Very impressed, sublime skills, thinks things through and a good overhead mark....
Also weighted a nice kick on his opposite foot and hit the target right on the chest, very composed...ahh pic 51 gee i like what i see....

Take it easy people, he's no super star yet.
He shows some good signs but he's got a long long way to go.
Remember Adrian McAdam?

He needs to get a lot bigger and fitter.
Give him 3 years and we might have a player.

BBC said:
Take it easy people, he's no super star yet.
He shows some good signs but he's got a long long way to go.
Remember Adrian McAdam?

He needs to get a lot bigger and fitter.
Give him 3 years and we might have a player.
Yep. has a long way to go. Very doubtful IMO.

Just not hard enough at a contest and his work rate is also not up to AFL level.

I don't think he is the type, nor does he require, a lot of additional weight. Certainly needs endurance, and some muscle further definition.

His great assets are speed, jump and tricks in close. All of these don't require a lot of weight. He seems to be a wiry type (a la Michael Tuck) who won't get injured despite lack of weight.

Still raw atm but really looking forward to watching him in the next 2 to 3 years time with a couple pre seasons and more maturity

tigergollywog said:
Thanks for the tip RST. Although 44 seems to suit TT. I think he'll make it and keep it.
I wouldn't bet on him keeping it. Only the blokes who'd played more than 50 games (White, Moore, Foley) were allowed to keep their high numbers this year. I can see Dusty, Post, Griff and Astbury getting new numbers next year so maybe TT will keep his, but I doubt he'll still have 44 by 2012. Super talent though. Gets the head right and we've scored a bargain.

I have never seen an AFL player with skinnier legs . He moves beautifully but to me he moves like another indigenous player who played with Richmond who is now on the Eagles rookie list ! JON also moved very well and took a nice overhead mark but the difference is that Troy seems to make good decisions . My only concern for the future is whether he can get the football enough , but time will tell that . Don't know if anyone else was at the end of Etihad where the forwards did goal kicking practice 45 minutes before the game on saturday but apart from Jake King it looked like the old under19's . They are so young . When the saints came out the thing that struck me straight away was how much more physically developed they looked , especially in the upper body .

bowee said:
I thought O'Loughlin was one of the most over-rated players in the last 10 years.

303 games for 521 goals speaks for itself in my book

so not even 2 goals a game from a permanent forward, you're right it speaks volumes

Exactly
bowee said:
so not even 2 goals a game from a permanent forward, you're right it speaks volumes

Exactly 4 Richmond players have ever kicked more goals, the only small/medium forwards to have kicked more are guys like Daicos, KB, Matthews and Brad Johnson. I would be esctastic if Troy Taylor finishes up on the AFL top 50 goalkickers list.

Ty Esler said:
303 games for 521 goals speaks for itself in my book

I agree with Bowee, the Swans carried him in his final years.

Ty Esler said:
Exactly 4 Richmond players have ever kicked more goals, the only small/medium forwards to have kicked more are guys like Daicos, KB, Matthews and Brad Johnson. I would be esctastic if Troy Taylor finishes up on the AFL top 50 goalkickers list.

O'Loughlin was short but played like a leading FF most of the time.

Plus there's the fact that he was a whinging sook most of his career.