Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

ToraToraTora said:
Not denying his talent, but looked lost often and shirked a few contests. Dems da facts.

Yes he did Tora, but if you are realistic about a kid's development and where he is at physically and mentally then it's not particularly surprising. I've seen a lot bigger and more experienced names than Taylor shirk a contest.

Yeah yeah I know it's early days. You can't pick and choose which tackles and plays you wanna be involved in at senior level, and that's what TT was doing today.
Sure delist him, whatever. ::)

Was a bit worried about him after watching a couple of medicore performances for the ' burg but thought he showed some really promising signs today.

Obviously needs to improve his urgency but all in all a pretty good showing.

evo said:
Was a bit worried about him after watching a couple of medicore performances for the ' burg but thought he showed some really promising signs today.

Agree evo. Actually think that is the best game (Coburg and AFL) I have seen him play.

evo said:

Couldn't agree more Evo. A massively over used term in modern football but Troy Taylor is X factor. At pick 51 he is a gem of a prospect. Risk reward is huge. The Micky' O calls are so true. Right now doesn't look like he could run out of sight on a dark night but he is something to work with for sure. If you pluck one of these types after 50 every year you will be flying.

ToraToraTora said:
You are joking! He was accredited 8 tackles??!! Looked like a frightened puppy most of the day. Ordinary game.

Questioining the stats? Was a very pleasing aspect of his game today, his defensive side. Plenty to work with there. Not looking for negatives at thius stage of his career.

give the kid time. played a couple of games, enough said. looked lonely in the forward line today as in not much mateship built up between all the other. would have liked to see everyone support him more and not just shoo him out of the way so they can get it. looks clean in open space. glad he is getting a game. the young guys need to know whats needed from them before the preseason

SCOOP said:
Couldn't agree more Evo. A massively over used term in modern football but Troy Taylor is X factor. At pick 51 he is a gem of a prospect. Risk reward is huge. The Micky' O calls are so true. Right now doesn't look like he could run out of sight on a dark night but he is something to work with for sure. If you pluck one of these types after 50 every year you will be flying.
good to hear

I think you guys are being a tad too complimentary ON TODAY'S GAME. If that is the best game he has ever played at Coburg or AFL I'm wondering how he was ever selected. Having said that I'm not trying to "dud.delist" him. Got a heap to work with. I felt he has filled out a touch as well.

I was happy with his game today.
Maybe shirked it once. I reckon I might have too in my 3rd AFL match. Give the boy time FFS!

Good on ya' Troy, stick at it mate.

GoodOne said:
I thnk you are being a tad too harsh. What were you expecting exactly?

If there is a guy in front of you with the ball, you basically cannot just jog or flirt around him. He chose his tackles pretty well....he didn't go for any where he may have got bruised. That's it. Sure, he moves great and some of his touches sparkle, don't have a problem with that. If you are in the senior team, and it's your turn to go, you go.
HAVING SAID THAT, I'm rapt we've drafted him. So sod off. ;)

ToraToraTora said:
If there is a guy in front of you with the ball, you basically cannot just jog or flirt around him. He chose his tackles pretty well....he didn't go for any where he may have got bruised. That's it. Sure, he moves great and some of his touches sparkle, don't have a problem with that. If you are in the senior team, and it's your turn to go, you go.
HAVING SAID THAT, I'm rapt we've drafted him. So sod off. ;)

I see he went around just picking the tackles he wanted to make, and made 8 of em. Wow he might have made 20 tackles and BOG if he went for everything. Once again Im not quite sure what you are expecting. He's going to take time and his game was very encouraging. Sure there were times je didn't go as hard as he might of but I'd put that down to experience and a lack of AFL level fitness. Different level all together in speed and pressure. Nothing Troy didn't do today that most 3rd gamers haven't done. So sod off back at ya ;)

Was happy enough with his game.

I saw enough to suggest he might have a future.

Like most youngsters the main thing you hope for is that they get a real understanding of what is required to be an AFL player and contribute at the top level.

For TT, hopefully he will put some of what he has learnt into his preseason and get himself into decent shape.

His game was so so, but he looks to have some ability especially his leap.

On the Mickey O comparisons - if he was 3/4 as good as Mickey O I would be rapt - but M'O was a solid boy, not a pull through of a rifle like TT is.

SCOOP said:

Heh heh heh. Oh brother. What you said.