Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Dyer'ere said:
Heh heh heh. Oh brother. What you said.

Excellent, the Tolstoy, Hunter Thompson and Upton Sinclair reading is paying off if the great man Dyer'ere is giving me the seal of approval.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
I had watched a few games of him in Coburg and he didn't get near it. Today was a revelation.

He flashed so much today I'm super excited about him. He's got a huge reach and lightning reflexes in the pack. He was obviously confused and/or afraid at several times in the game but overall when you consider from where he has come from he did great today.

He's still years off being a solid contributor but he has a huge upside. I hope he can get his life in order off field.
Plenty of hard work needed to turn Troy into an elite footballer, thankfully there appears to be plenty of talent flashes for the hard work to be built upon.
Spent all day trotting around with his homeboy shorts on but he managed some tidy bits of work.

TigerMasochist said:
Spent all day trotting around with his homeboy shorts on but he managed some tidy bits of work.

:hihi I noticed that. A few times I seriously thought it was going to affect his running

How many players look ready made by game three. FA. Thet are not all going to be Dustin Martins. He's an 18yo kid from the sticks playing his third game. Looks pretty good to me.

He made 8 tackles. Has real X factor, Needs to work on his tank add some muscle and intensity ..then watch out.

lamb22 said:
He made 8 tackles. Has real X factor, Needs to work on his tank add some muscle and intensity ..then watch out.

I think you're right. Would love to see him 10 kg heavier.

Given that Taylor had the worst endurance of anyone at the draft camp last year I was impressed at how he stuck to the task yesterday. I think he will take 3-4 years to develop but there is a lot to work with, can't teach his ballhandling off the deck.

He also looks like he likes a hanger and he injured Blake in his attempt which was a bonus.

In a couple of years he will be seen as an amazing pick up at 51.

funny thing is , I thought to myself yesterday, he looks as though he could develop into the type of player Jared Oakley Nichols was supposed to develop into.

I know the Micky o comparison is obvious. I remember young Micky o and Troy's upside is as good or even higher

Col.W.Kurtz said:
I know the Micky o comparison is obvious. I remember young Micky o and Troy's upside is as good or even higher

He's a lot taller than O'Loughlin. O'Loughlin was the size of a mid but didn't work hard enough to make it as a mid. Taylor is a genuine height for a marking forward.

I would be interested to here the word on him from the Aboriginal folk up north. I remember talking to two middle aged women from the territory in Micky O's first year and they were certain that he was going to be one of the best indigenous players of all time. Spot on.

Col.W.Kurtz said:

I think Micky might be a bit more explosive but Troy can be a better contested mark

shad said:
I would be interested to here the word on him from the Aboriginal folk up north. I remember talking to two middle aged women from the territory in Micky O's first year and they were certain that he was going to be one of the best indigenous players of all time. Spot on.

They say that about every Indiginous player.

Richard Tambling would be the greatest of all time according to Michael Long.