Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Barnzy said:
He sounds pretty lucky to me.

If this was a regular person and not an AFL footballer would his penalty have been more severe? I think so.

If it was a regular person and not a AFL footballer would it have made it to court? I think not.

BrisTiger24 said:
Well the facts are public now as determined by the court. On the basis of those facts you have got to say he is nothing more than a thug. Plenty of work to do to change his life around to win back respect you would think.

"you have got to say...". You're kidding right?

More accurately, on the basis of those facts, all you can say is he engaged in a thuggish act.

He may well be truly remorseful, and may well learn from the experience, especially if the RFC and his family are able to provide a supportive environment.

Change his life around? Win back respect? He's not Idi Amin. He's a kid who stuffed up.

Not the first time he's stuffed up Pumblechook.

I agree he has to change his life around. First step would be not associating with his "mates" back in NT that seem to get him into this trouble.

Barnzy said:
He sounds pretty lucky to me.

If this was a regular person and not an AFL footballer would his penalty have been more severe? I think so.

I agree a regular person would have got time. Of course he would. If you put a regular thug back on the street - he might to do it again.

Troy is lucky because he is in a very special situation. Each crime must be considered on a case by case basis. We don't give somebody a punishment without considering it as a unique case, there's no "one size fits all" when it comes to punishment.

Troy Taylor, the person, is a troubled young man. He has a history of crime and thuggery.

What is the purpose of the legal system? Why do we even put people in jail?

To redeem the wicked. To help them learn to become a healthy contributor to society when released.

It obviously didnt work when he spent time in juvi 18 months ago. He broke the law again. How effective would it really be to send him to a jail again?

Put Troy Taylor in jail and what happens? He meets a group of other criminals who become his friends (and enemies) and he learns all kinds of new things. His old mates from Alyce Springs are likely to visit. He gets released and possibly loses a football career and what happens? He's a chance of ending up a thug who is in and out of jail and a menace to society.

What is the best treatment? What will benefit Troy and the society most?

He wasn't released because he's a celebrity and the public want to see him perform on the field. He was allowed to go to the RFC because he will become a better person with us. He will do charity work. He will learn good values. He will be under the guidance of strong leadership and positive habits. He will be encouraged to feed the homeless. He will be encouraged to visit children with cancer in the hospital. He will grow and develop into a better person than if he is locked up in a jail cell and then released to Alyce Springs.

The justice system made the correct decision on a unique case of a troubled teenager finding himself with a genuine opportunity to turn his life around.

I can fully understand the reasoning behind the decision.

Lucky? Yeah.

Wrong decision? No.

Mr Pumblechook said:
"you have got to say...". You're kidding right?

More accurately, on the basis of those facts, all you can say is he engaged in a thuggish act.

He may well be truly remorseful, and may well learn from the experience, especially if the RFC and his family are able to provide a supportive environment.

Change his life around? Win back respect? He's not Idi Amin. He's a kid who stuffed up.
He was a thug,maybe & hopefully not now

Well said Rockstar...well said..

I reckon "TripleT" will look on the whole experience as something that has made him look at his behaviour, and alter it for the better, geez I'm lickin' my lips at big Griffo up forward, with Reiwoldt, Nason, and TripleT all buzzing around for a goal....gotta be excited at that. :clap

ParisAmos said:
If it was a regular person and not a AFL footballer would it have made it to court? I think not.
l think so,l think a regular person would have done time,l think you talk nonsense.

mb64 said:
l think so,l think a regular person would have done time,l think you talk nonsense.

What constitutes a "regular person"? Why did he get off? Because he is an AFL footballer? Because he had a QC?

WesternTiger said:
What constitutes a "regular person"? Why did he get off? Because he is an AFL footballer? Because he had a QC?

The magistrate said he didn't want to be the person to cut short Taylor's talented career.

The same could apply in numerous situations to "regular people". A mate of mine got a non-conviction from a magistrate because it could have potentially impacted his future employment in the US.

Will be interesting though to see if the same applies to Lovett.

WesternTiger said:
The same could apply in numerous situations to "regular people". A mate of mine got a non-conviction from a magistrate because it could have potentially impacted his future employment in the US.

Will be interesting though to see if the same applies to Lovett.

Was it as serious as multiple counts of assault which he pleaded guilty to and had a history of? No doubt Taylor's potential AFL career helped him in a big way, got a lenient punishment just like Hurley. Your regular joe blow like myself in the same sitatuion no doubt 99% of the time wouldn't have been so lucky. I would probably be in jail. Regardless, I think we can all agree Taylor is a very lucky boy on his last, last chance. Let's hope he makes the most if it.

Barnzy said:
Was it as serious as multiple counts of assault which he pleaded guilty to and had a history of? No doubt Taylor's potential AFL career helped him in a big way, got a lenient punishment just like Hurley. Your regular joe blow like myself in the same sitatuion no doubt 99% of the time wouldn't have been so lucky. I would probably be in jail. Regardless, I think we can all agree Taylor is a very lucky boy on his last, last chance. Let's hope he makes the most if it.

Very lucky Barnzy. Very lucky.

Barnzy said:

Does his history as a minor count against him as an adult though? If not then he does not have a history.

brigadiertiger said:
Does his history as a minor count against him as an adult though? If not then he does not have a history.

Actually thinking about now, I don't think it does. Don't think it's on his record.

mb64 said:

I see alot of fights up the street on a saturday night. Most of them dont go to court. I've been in my fair share of fights never went to court.

I actually look at this Forum from time to time but read the comment by Rockstar Tiger yesterday and was moved to join to comment. It was a spot on. Too many times we as a society concentrate on the negatives when Judges give chances to people in sentencing but we don’t hear much about the success stories . To send a 19 year old to jail with all those influences when he has so much support structure around him now would be the wrong move. He has the chance to learn from role models and to actually benefit from the scrutiny that being an AFL footballer brings with it. Hopefully this young man can get his life together and become a better person and with that become a valuable player. He has all the tools to be a very good player for us.
I look forward to commenting in the future on a less serious note. :)

rockstar_tiger said:
I agree a regular person would have got time. Of course he would. If you put a regular thug back on the street - he might to do it again.

Troy is lucky because he is in a very special situation. Each crime must be considered on a case by case basis. We don't give somebody a punishment without considering it as a unique case, there's no "one size fits all" when it comes to punishment.

Troy Taylor, the person, is a troubled young man. He has a history of crime and thuggery.

What is the purpose of the legal system? Why do we even put people in jail?

To redeem the wicked. To help them learn to become a healthy contributor to society when released.

It obviously didnt work when he spent time in juvi 18 months ago. He broke the law again. How effective would it really be to send him to a jail again?

Put Troy Taylor in jail and what happens? He meets a group of other criminals who become his friends (and enemies) and he learns all kinds of new things. His old mates from Alyce Springs are likely to visit. He gets released and possibly loses a football career and what happens? He's a chance of ending up a thug who is in and out of jail and a menace to society.

What is the best treatment? What will benefit Troy and the society most?

He wasn't released because he's a celebrity and the public want to see him perform on the field. He was allowed to go to the RFC because he will become a better person with us. He will do charity work. He will learn good values. He will be under the guidance of strong leadership and positive habits. He will be encouraged to feed the homeless. He will be encouraged to visit children with cancer in the hospital. He will grow and develop into a better person than if he is locked up in a jail cell and then released to Alyce Springs.

The justice system made the correct decision on a unique case of a troubled teenager finding himself with a genuine opportunity to turn his life around.

I can fully understand the reasoning behind the decision.

Lucky? Yeah.

Wrong decision? No.

Quality posting.