Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

TigerFurious said:
Disgraceful decision. Assualting two people, knocking one of them unconscious deserves more than a suspended sentence. But I guess all is forgiven because he plays for Richmond ???

Yeah goddammit, he should be chucked in prison and learn how to be a real crim for the rest of his life.

:vomit

IanG said:
Yeah goddammit, he should be chucked in prison and learn how to be a real crim for the rest of his life.

:vomit

You think it is ok to go around assaulting people without the threat of a consequence for your actions? I'm surprised at you Ian.

jb03 said:
You think it is ok to go around assaulting people without the threat of a consequence for your actions? I'm surprised at you Ian.
There's bloody dozens of people front the beak on assault charges as bad or worse than Troy's and get off cheap ( Dane Swan ). If there's a decent opportunity for youngsters to get support and guidance to turn the *smile* around and make something off themselves then the magistrates generally go for the suspended get out of jail freebie option.

He stood up and admitted his guilt and was ready to wear the consequences of his actions. Something that too many people shy away from. Hope Troy takes his footy and his life to another level.

Danarchy said:
He stood up and admitted his guilt and was ready to wear the consequences of his actions. Something that too many people shy away from. Hope Troy takes his footy and his life to another level.
That's the thing. He admitted his guilt, he's been given a chance, he'd better make the most of this opportunity to turn his life around. Hopefully with good people around him he can get on the right track.

TigerFurious said:
Disgraceful decision. Assualting two people, knocking one of them unconscious deserves more than a suspended sentence. But I guess all is forgiven because he plays for Richmond ???
I don't think "all's forgiven because he plays for Richmond" is really apt TF. He's admitted he's done wrong, fronted up and was prepared to wear it. But hopefully the magistrate took into account that he's got some good life-changing opportunities in front of him. Putting him in the "jug" wasn't necessarily the answer to getting on track. There may have been extenuating circumstances? who knows, but even if there weren't many others get supended sentences, not just Richmond players.
He's got to learn from this. Hopefully he does, and he can also have a good footy career, which no doubt will benefit us.

Hope this kid makes it, got amazing evasive skills. we would need to be very lucky as i think he's much more of a chance of not making it. imo

I think this was the right decision not because he is a Richmond player, but because he has shown genuine remorse and has a chance to turn his life around rather than spending the rest of his life in and out of jail. If he stuffs again he deserves all he has coming to him, but right now for a 19 year old kid I'd rather he has a chance to make something of his life

I'd actually like to know what caused young TT to slap another man in the face.

Anyhow quite interesting to read so many judgemental posts.

:police:

Uncle said:
Anyhow quite interesting to read so many judgemental posts.
:police:

Yes, I am likewise intrigued by the judgemental comments made by a number of posters. I don’t think they understand youngsters growing up in disadvantaged circumstances.

I grew up in Richmond in the 1940’s and 50’s, and 5 of my mates I went to primary school with ended up with criminal convictions, one murdered in the gangland wars. I ended up a qualified accountant (CPA) for some 45 years .

Troy has pleaded guilty, has shown remorse and now should be welcomed back to Punt Road and allowed to get on with his life.

I think this thread should be stopped as from now a.

Sometimes there's an event in someone's life that changes them forever. Hopefully this is the case for Troy. He has an opportunity that not many get, make the most of it Troy.

TigerFurious said:
Thats right,he should have been given time

Dodged a massive bullet. Shocked he didn't do time.

If he doesn't turn it around now he never will.

Good luck to the kid but this is another court ruling that leaves me scratching my head.

SCOOP said:

Good luck to the kid but this is another court ruling that leaves me scratching my head.
Well summed up Scoop

I doubt very much this was a simple case of troy assulting 2 people for no reason. Sometimes the winner of a fight ends up the loser. Troy had a fair trial with legal representation and a verdict was reached. enough said.

SCOOP said:

Why? young man showing genuine remorse with his life ahead of him and a structure that gives him a better chance than going to prison, sounds quite logical to me. Now Dane Swan...............