Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

DeathNinthandTaxes said:
I doubt very much this was a simple case of troy assulting 2 people for no reason. Sometimes the winner of a fight ends up the loser. Troy had a fair trial with legal representation and a verdict was reached. enough said.
What a load of garbage

Jail for punching someone?
Give me a break, some of you need to harden the F--- up
No one was injured with anything more than a bruised ego

If we put everyone in jail for getting into a scuffle then there would be more jails than hotels in this country

Being employed by an AFL club the guy will do more community service over his career than probably most posters on this forum will do in their entire life... combined

DeathNinthandTaxes said:
Who here "knows" the story of what happened at that party?

No one so really cannot comment.

ZeroGame said:

If we put everyone in jail for getting into a scuffle then there would be more jails than hotels in this country

Being employed by an AFL club the guy will do more community service over his career than probably most posters on this forum will do in their entire life... combined

Well said ZG.

TigerFurious said:
Disgraceful decision. Assualting two people, knocking one of them unconscious deserves more than a suspended sentence. But I guess all is forgiven because he plays for Richmond ???

Here hear. Should be sharing a cell with Julian Knight!

DELIST

ZeroGame said:

At least half a dozen people would have done time for punching me when I was 19, cocky,loud mouth, bad drinking little *smile* I was. Oh thats right I was a kid, still learning the way of things. How quickly we grow old and forget the mistakes of youth.

DeathNinthandTaxes said:
Who here "knows" the story of what happened at that party?

Here is what has been reported in the media: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/09/2977802.htm?site=sport&section=afl

From that it looks like Taylor was well and truly in the wrong.

TigerFurious said:
Here is what has been reported in the media: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/09/2977802.htm?site=sport&section=afl

From that it looks like Taylor was well and truly in the wrong.

Correct. My Bad. Wasn't really defending assult just offering a counter-point to those hysterical people wishing him in gaol. He's a kid who started a fight, he didn't king hit anyone or kick anyone in the head. A magistrate thought it deserved 3months gaol and suspended it so he could get on with growing up. Doesn't seem like a miscarriage of justice to me.

willo said:
'Loophole' sees Tiger dodge prison (ntnews)
Full article here

One thing I am happy to see is the club having someone at the court and supporting the boy.

With the success of the club taking on hard cases like Cousins, like Taylor and helping them turn things around it does give me great faith in the fact that we have the welfare side of things reasonably under control. Massive plus for the club.

For the first time in a long time it is starting to look like we have a modern, capable, together group of staff running the back end of the club.

DeathNinthandTaxes said:
Not luck, good representation. How many aborigines in NT get a QC on their defence team?

He sounds pretty lucky to me.

If this was a regular person and not an AFL footballer would his penalty have been more severe? I think so. Same goes for Hurley, he wouldn't have got off so lightly. That's just the way things work. Let's just hope this is the wake up call he needs and he pulls his head in. He is on his very, very last chance. 1 more stuff up career over.

mb64 said:
Oh Good. Lets hope his luck gets him a good run with the umpires, MRP, 100goals, a brownlow, premiership medal, a norm smith medal, a degree in laws and future in NT politics. Prove 'em wrong Troy!
Go Tigers.

Well the facts are public now as determined by the court. On the basis of those facts you have got to say he is nothing more than a thug. Plenty of work to do to change his life around to win back respect you would think.