Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Barnzy said:
Those charges look pretty nasty, especially the 3 assault charges instead of just 1 like the HUN reported awhile back. Anyone knowledge with the law think we can get off here? I hope our lawyer is good.

I was look forward to a Morton and Taylor combination in the pockets for years to come. Could end before it begins depending on what happens.
He cleaned up three of them with one punch Jimmy ;)

KiwiTig said:
He is on right now...

C1 TAYLOR Troy
21002626 10.00 AM Mention

1 Aggravated assault
2 Aggravated assault
3 Aggravated assault
4 Unlawfully damage Property
5 Engage in violent conduct

I thought he was only facing one charge.

KiwiTig said:
He is on right now...

C1 TAYLOR Troy
21002626 10.00 AM Mention

1 Aggravated assault
2 Aggravated assault
3 Aggravated assault
4 Unlawfully damage Property
5 Engage in violent conduct
1 Belted the first bloke
2 Belted the second bloke
3 Belted the third bloke
4 Mighta busted someones plastic teeth or put one of them through a door or fence.
5 Pretty hard to belt three blokes and not engage in violent conduct ;D

Gotta be claiming self defence, just walking down the neighbourhood street and three drunken ferals attacked him, didn't have any choice but to protect himself from out of control strangers.

Just in, The judge has offered Troy 10 years Jail, with no chance of parole or a football career at the richmond football club,
troy and his solicitor will consider there options before march 30th.. :help

zippadeee said:
Just in, The judge has offered Troy 10 years Jail, with no chance of parole or a football career at the richmond football club,

Huh?

Waiting another 6 weeks is going to place more pressure on the kid especially right on Round 1.

I doubt he'll get off. Self defence as a defence against the charge of assault can be tricky. Granted i don't know all the facts.

What he could be looking at (i think, but not sure): $5,500 fine or 2 years or both for each count of assault.

Doesn't he also have a couple of prior's? This will count against him, particularly if violence was involved.

The fact that he is listed with an AFL club is a big positive. If showing remorse will also help.

Barnzy said:
Those charges look pretty nasty, especially the 3 assault charges instead of just 1 like the HUN reported awhile back. Anyone knowledge with the law think we can get off here? I hope our lawyer is good.

I was look forward to a Morton and Taylor combination in the pockets for years to come. Could end before it begins depending on what happens.

I was talking with someone involved with youth justice and they said that legally Troy can be treated as a minor even though he is 18, which bodes well in terms of the punishment involved and the consideration given as to to the prospect of rehabilitation, which is a big consideration with minors when deciding the punishment for crimes.

He was of the opinion that Troys chances were very good considering the opportunity he has to get himself together.

linuscambridge said:
I was talking with someone involved with youth justice and they said that legally Troy can be treated as a minor even though he is 18, which bodes well in terms of the punishment involved and the consideration given as to to the prospect of rehabilitation, which is a big consideration with minors when deciding the punishment for crimes.

He was of the opinion that Troys chances were very good considering the opportunity he has to get himself together.

Being a minor is the advantage he has and we should be able to convince a Judge Judy that us as a football club will monitor him closely and provide mentoring.

TigerMasochist said:
1 Belted the first bloke
3 Belted the third bloke
4 Mighta busted someones plastic teeth or put one of them through a door or fence.

Gotta be claiming self defence, just walking down the neighbourhood street and three drunken ferals attacked him, didn't have any choice but to protect himself from out of control strangers.

I think No4 was damage to a letter box.

Scum bags with more priors than him get a slap on the wrist for more serious chages, i'd be surprised if he does anything more than a fine and community service espeially considering his good prospects for the future as opposed to the alternative.

Taylor appeared via video link.

Matter adjourned to the 30th of March.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/89677/default.aspx

TigerMasochist said:
1 Belted the first bloke
3 Belted the third bloke

Sounds like a 3 stodges routine. ;D

zippadeee said:

Was that meant to be funny - pathetic if so..................

I recently chatted to someone who is involved in recruiting at another club. They thought long and hard about selecting Troy, but in the end decided that they couldn't provide him with an environment conducive to his development.

The reason they were close to taking him (before us), was that despite the obvious risks, they felt "...he could be anything. He could be the next superstar of the competition".

We need to stick by Troy, and provide him with the appropriate support.

Edit: He also thought he'd probably do time.

Mr Pumblechook said:
I recently chatted to someone who is involved in recruiting at another club. They thought long and hard about selecting Troy, but in the end decided that they couldn't provide him with an environment conducive to his development.

The reason they were close to taking him (before us), was that despite the obvious risks, they felt "...he could be anything. He could be the next superstar of the competition".

We need to stick by Troy, and provide him with the appropriate support.

Edit: He also thought he'd probably do time.

Collingwood had to be patient with Dane Swan a few years ago when he got into trouble with his two mates. There are plenty of precedents of troubled 18 year-olds who eventually come good. If he does time, he does time, so be it. It seems to me that what this boy needs is some stability and a positive environment. Eventually, the penny will drop.

We are a club that can't afford to lose players with talent and have to try to get as much as we possible can out of someone like him.

Just in! Judge sentences TT to 22 senior games at Richmond on a barren HFF with delivery from Matt White, Dan Jackson and Jordan McFluff!! Ouch!

ToraToraTora said:
Just in! Judge sentences TT to 22 senior games at Richmond on a barren HFF with delivery from Matt White, Dan Jackson and Jordan McFluff!! Ouch!

Every footballer I know would take that over worry about dropping the soap................