Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

I hope u r right, TonyFree!

That's quite a rap sheet he's got there.
I'm hoping they'll scare the bejesus out of him, make him realise this is his last chance and avoid conviction. His age may be the only thing that saves him.

Barnzy said:
Pretty sure he got charged as an adult considering he's 18. Could be wrong though.
He just turned 18 a few months ago, but technicalities always kill.

I reckon we should have enough evidence to convince the judge on this.

I think the lad may be in trouble...the hearing should be finished now...any news on outcome ?

Tiger17 said:
I think the lad may be in trouble...the hearing should be finished now...any news on outcome ?

look at the court list, everything is listed as 10am - so i figure it could be any time today

Tiger74 said:
look at the court list, everything is listed as 10am - so i figure it could be any time today

Hopefully these bureacrats can rush to their lunch hour.

Troy Taylor......$10,000 fine.....next..... ;D

Was just thinking the other day (in light of the Lovett sacking) about Gale's position

He will get smashed from pillar to post if he sacked a player (especially after being head of the AFLPA) Hypocrite ect. will be the story headlines

But will be smashed by us if he was not seen to be doing what is right for the club

Interesting times ahead

ThePercies said:
If he does time then I can't see the RFC sticking by him and leaving him on the list.

Agreed. Carl Peterson jumps to mind.
He got punted for a lot less than what Troy has been charged with here.
I'd say he's gone if he's found guilty.

Tigers of Old said:
Agreed. Carl Peterson jumps to mind.
He got punted for a lot less than what Troy has been charged with here.
I'd say he's gone if he's found guilty.

Yeah but Taylor is not supposed to be a project player is he. Supposed to be really able to play. That's gotta come into it.

Long Lost Hernaman said:
According to the court list he's only up for mention.

That means his trial is not today and may not be for some time.
This. He would have been in and out in five minutes with no decision other than when he will next appear in court.

And just remember we're 90 mins behind you Mexicans here in the NT. Plus, we're not known for being in a rush! News will trickle out slowly!!

davidrodan said:
Was just thinking the other day (in light of the Lovett sacking) about Gale's position

He will get smashed from pillar to post if he sacked a player (especially after being head of the AFLPA) Hypocrite ect. will be the story headlines

But will be smashed by us if he was not seen to be doing what is right for the club

Interesting times ahead

I thought about this from day 1. As AFLPA head it was all about getting the best for the player. Now it's really about what's best for the club. Quite an interesting situation to be in.

The purpose of a mention date is to give the opportunity for the accused to plead guilty or not guilty. If a plea of guilty is entered the case may be heard there and then. A plea of not guilty will lead to an ajournment to a contest mention.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=1014090

Richmond AFL draftee Troy Taylor has appeared via video link in Alice Springs Magistrates Court accused of aggravated assault over an alleged New Year's Eve incident.

Melbourne solicitor Paul Horvath, representing Taylor, requested the court's leniency over a $5000 surety demanded by police and a bail stipulation Taylor not be at premises where alcohol is served.

Stipendiary Magistrate John Neil said that Taylor would honour his court appearances in Alice Springs and set bail at $5000.

Mr Neil also concurred that seasonal commitments to the Richmond Football Club would be such that Taylor would be present in locations where alcohol was available.

"Bail is allowed on a surety of $5000 subject to the surety that he will not consume alcohol," Mr Neil said.

The matter has been adjourned to the Alice Springs Magistrates Court on March 30.

Taylor will have to appear in person at the hearing and dispensation has been given to his Melbourne legal team to represent him in the Northern Territory court.

Looks like the club is providing the representation. Paul Horvath is the club solicitor.

http://www.sportslawyer.com.au/about-us/our-team

Those charges look pretty nasty, especially the 3 assault charges instead of just 1 like the HUN reported awhile back. Anyone knowledgable with the law think we can get off here? I hope our lawyer is good.

I was look forward to a Morton and Taylor combination in the pockets for years to come. Could end before it begins depending on what happens.