Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

RoryBaby said:
Troy was drafted on 26 November 2009 & the alleged offence occurred on 31 December 2009 whilst he was on leave. He has therefore been under the employment of the club for less than a month given the xmas break so any reasonable person would assume that he is responsible for his own actions - not the club.

To compare to Didak & Cousins, who have been in the system for many years, is laughable.... but very predictable where Turb..oops..SP is concerned

Amazing that so many are trying to defend what is really a pretty indefensible action. He has been charged with belting 3 people after recently being given a much coveted chance at an AFL career; and after only recently being released from prison and supposedly turning over a new leaf.

If he played for any other club we'd be falling overselves to ridicule the player and club.

jb03 said:
Amazing that so many are trying to defend what is really a pretty indefensible action. He has been charged with belting 3 people after recently being given a much coveted chance at an AFL career; and after only recently being released from prison and supposedly turning over a new leaf.

If he played for any other club we'd be falling overselves to ridicule the player and club.

Not necessarily, noone like to see a kid waste talent and a big chance. Even at other other clubs the general feeling is one of compassion while still allowing for the law to follow it's course, for example:

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53068&st=105

For mine, I was happy with what Gale had to say. Support the kid as much as possible, but with a very strong emphasis on personal responsibility. I'm happy for the club to make the call on if this kid can be "re-educated" of sorts. Of course, he's not going to have a heap of chances.

jb03 said:

He's been charged, not convicted jbdumbo. How would you know whether its defensible? None of us would for now.

You might be laughing but that is a reflection on you.

Most of us would have nothing to say about it at all if he was from another club.

jb03 said:

Exactly.its always different when they play for the tiges.

RoryBaby said:
Troy was drafted on 26 November 2009 & the alleged offence occurred on 31 December 2009 whilst he was on leave. He has therefore been under the employment of the club for less than a month given the xmas break so any reasonable person would assume that he is responsible for his own actions - not the club.

To compare to Didak & Cousins, who have been in the system for many years, is laughable.
C'mon, surely the RFC should have healed him within that time frame ;). Some people just enjoy provoking and stirring things up, must be bored

jb03 said:

glad to know we don't need a legal system to decide these things when you know all the facts of the case from HUN articles.

personally I'll wait for the court to decide what actually happened.

jb03 said:

Not really much you can ridicule the club about - he's only been here 5 minutes.

Clearly the kid himself is a bit of a loose cannon and silly.

Tiger74 said:
glad to know we don't need a legal system to decide these things when you know all the facts of the case from HUN articles.

personally I'll wait for the court to decide what actually happened.

I didn't say he was guilty, or profess to know all the facts. But what I do know is that he has been charged with belting 3 people. The fact is that a month or so after the Richmond FC used pick 51 on him he found himself in a position of trouble. Extremely disappointing in my view.

evo said:
Not really much you can ridicule the club about - he's only been here 5 minutes.

Clearly the kid himself is a bit of a loose cannon and silly.
Agree. I was saying if he played for another club we would be ridiculing the other club. I haven't ridiculed the club either.

I'm surprised this news hasn't dragged back those that take much joy in yelling "I told you so" whenever a young indigenous kid on our list gets into trouble.

jb03 said:
I didn't say he was guilty, or profess to know all the facts. But what I do know is that he has been charged with belting 3 people. The fact is that a month or so after the Richmond FC used pick 51 on him he found himself in a position of trouble. Extremely disappointing in my view.

you claimed people were defending "an indefensible action". So far he hasn't been convicted of anything, so what is this indefensible action everyone is defending? what they are defending is a guy's right to a hearing. once that is done justice will have its say, but until then the eager beavers with the gallows should wait.

Tiger74 said:
you claimed people were defending "an indefensible action". So far he hasn't been convicted of anything, so what is this indefensible action everyone is defending? what they are defending is a guy's right to a hearing. once that is done justice will have its say, but until then the eager beavers with the gallows should wait.
Simply putting himself in this position is indefensible (IMO). And I read the Age so I am superior to all those HUN readers (well, so the other Age readers tell me.)

Baloo said:
I'm surprised this news hasn't dragged back those that take much joy in yelling "I told you so" whenever a young indigenous kid on our list gets into trouble.
Disappinting post from you Baloo. The discussion, whichever "side" has been taken be various posters has had nothing to do with whether he is indigenous, and nor has it been mentioned by anyone posting until now.

jb03 said:
I was saying if he played for another club we would be ridiculing the other club.
Oh. I like to think I'm above all that petttiness. ;D

I doubt it'll be custodial - however he had a few "issues" in Darwin before moving to the Springs - so whatever the washup we need him in a nice new Y&B jumper taking hangers and kicking freak goals from everywhere. Just lucky the blokes he belted weren't students from another country or he'd be the next Ronnie Ryan! (not Des' father either)!!

jb03 said:
Disappinting post from you Baloo. The discussion, whichever "side" has been taken be various posters has had nothing to do with whether he is indigenous, and nor has it been mentioned by anyone posting until now.

And that's precisely my point, those who have shown a tendency to categorise based on race haven't yet joined in the debate. Hopefully they'll stay out of it too.

Baloo said:
And that's precisely my point, those who have shown a tendency to categorise based on race haven't yet joined in the debate. Hopefully they'll stay out of it too.

Fair enough, it was almost as though you wanted or were inviting it to occur.

jb03 said:
But what I do know is that he has been charged with belting 3 people. 

That's interesting.  The article I read claimed he's been charged with one count of assault.