The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Not so sure about the pies.
They've beaten the bottom 7 and have yet to beat anyone in the top 8.
Their draw gets harder.

poppa x said:
Their draw gets harder.

Greenwood and Reid returning from injury will give them a little boost though.

15 wins for the last 20 games is outstanding

Teams beaten

Sydney
West coast
Adelaide
Freo
Coll
Carlton
Essendon (x2)
Saints (x2)
Lions (x2)
gws
port (x2)

Defeated by

Bulldogs
Demons
North
Geelong
Port

Not played

Suns
Hawks

I have a lot more confidence in the team after That win over Fremantle.
I understand that they'd had a wet weather game the Sunday before but we played Essendon too at the same time.
Hell we had a longer flight to catch.

I'll believe we are cherry ripe if we can go to the SCG and pick off Sydney.

DirtyDogTiger said:
I have a lot more confidence in the team after That win over Fremantle.
I understand that they'd had a wet weather game the Sunday before but we played Essendon too at the same time.
Hell we had a longer flight to catch.

I'll believe we are cherry ripe if we can go to the SCG and pick off Sydney.

Besides, we didn't win by a matter of centimetres.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Chuck WCE into the ?? Pile.

i reckon they've done enough to guarantee at least 12 wins, which is likely to sneak in
more than likely to hit the 13 win mark imho

depends on who they play in rest of year as to whether we want them to fall over or keep winning

west coast and collingwood wont miss finals....i just did ladder predictor with all favs winning for rest of year, wce 5th and coll 6th.
richmond 9th.

GWS and POWER are the two teams above us...accordng to predictor, we need them to start losing.

but if we dont make 8, we simply dont deserve to play finals footy.

we have a hard draw though!

Bunnerz said:
west coast and collingwood wont miss finals....i just did ladder predictor with all favs winning for rest of year, wce 5th and coll 6th.
richmond 9th.

GWS and POWER are the two teams above us...accordng to predictor, we need them to start losing.

but if we dont make 8, we simply dont deserve to play finals footy.

we have a hard draw though!

We do have a hard draw from here....we will pay for losses against Melbourne and Geelong in particular...should have won those. Will need to cause some upsets and beat the teams we should to make it.

Gee it's hard not to rue our inconsistency. Had we beaten the Dogs, Dees and Cats (which arguably we should have) we'd be equal top of the table and probably spoken of as contenders.

roacheee said:
would we all agree that these teams cannot make the finals
Carlton
Brisbane
Melbourne
Essendon
Suns
Saints

and that these teams cannot miss out from here
Freo.
WCE.
Sydney
collwood
hawks

leaving..........
BullDogs
Geelong
North
Power.
Giants
Crows.

and us to play for the remaining 3 spots in the eight.

There are 4 teams below us who'll have to win 2 more games than us from here to make the finals. We only need to come third in that middle group to make it.

i like those odds

Agree the odds look better now than they did this time last year ;D

The problem for us is we play every team you have listed as not missing out once (its a hard draw), plus North, Giants and Crows (away) so if we get there I think we will make top 4 based on the momentum we have at the moment with a few more upsets to come, otherwise I see us falling of the pace a bit and struggling to make the 8 (full stop) - it seems to be all or nothing for the tigers.

The advantage we have is that we have momentum which is mighty important for the tigers

There is normally one team that has a magical start to the season but then falls away badly at the end (see Suns last year)

poppa x said:
Their draw gets harder.

Agree. Have the Giants, Dockers, Hawks, Power and Eagles in the next 5. Can see them losing 4 if not 5 of those.

St Kevin said:
Agree. Have the Giants, Dockers, Hawks, Power and Eagles in the next 5. Can see them losing 4 if not 5 of those.
good point, missed the pies tough next month.

if so, that means four spots are up for grabs
and we only need finish in top four of the middle 8

like scarlett johansson
eminently doable

The game against the Eagles really is a must win.

If win and the Roo's lose to the Swans tonight the Roo's and Port Power will 2 games behind us.

The dogs are a game behind us with a fairly easy month ahead, they play the Lions, Saints, Blues and the Suns.

The Cats after beating the Power last night have the Demons, Crows and the Roos and will be a game behind us if we beat the Eagles.

The Crows are on the same points as us and play the Hawks, Lions, Cats and Eagles.

GWS are 4 points in front of us and have the Pies, Roos, Tigers and the Saints.

The Pies are 4 points in front of us and have GWS, Freo, Hawks and Port.

We have the Eagles, Swans, GWS and Carlton. All those games are winnable but i think we need to win at least 3 of them.

I think we can make the 8 with our remaining games, and current form.

Can we snatch 4th spot? To me West Coast and Collingwood are the best placed to make 4th, with us behind them in 6th.

So I am hoping West Coast and Collingwood fall away in form, while we maintain ours.

I have no doubt after the heat had been put on the club/players/coach it was the wake up call required. It was like complacency had set in.
Now they have turned it around. I have no doubt we will make the finals again but with different fortunes this year.

I have a fantastic gut feeling this week. Believe I will see a double enjoyment from teams I follow this football season

Premiership for the Richmond Tigers and the Dallas Cowboys win the next Superbowl !

Believe we will face off Freo in a tight affair but win by 11 pts. And it will be our 11th Premiership.

Ross Lyon down for another GF loss.

tigerman said:
The game against the Eagles really is a must win.

If win and the Roo's lose to the Swans tonight the Roo's and Port Power will 2 games behind us.

The dogs are a game behind us with a fairly easy month ahead, they play the Lions, Saints, Blues and the Suns.

The Cats after beating the Power last night have the Demons, Crows and the Roos and will be a game behind us if we beat the Eagles.

The Crows are on the same points as us and play the Hawks, Lions, Cats and Eagles.

GWS are 4 points in front of us and have the Pies, Roos, Tigers and the Saints.

The Pies are 4 points in front of us and have GWS, Freo, Hawks and Port.

We have the Eagles, Swans, GWS and Carlton. All those games are winnable but i think we need to win at least 3 of them.

Good work tm. Gives a really good summation of what's in store in the short term. So after 4 weeks (including the byes) if the Dogs win 3, the Cats win 3, the Crows win 2 and the Pies win 2 we'll be a game ahead of the Cats, Crows and Dogs and level with the Pies on points. With North and Port trailing behind. Nice!

Ice said:
I think we can make the 8 with our remaining games, and current form.

Can we snatch 4th spot? To me West Coast and Collingwood are the best placed to make 4th, with us behind them in 6th.

So I am hoping West Coast and Collingwood fall away in form, while we maintain ours.

The advantage for the tigers is we play both West Coast GWS (at the G) and Collingwood and if we win those three we make up the 4 pts they currently have over us - at the moment we have the form and game plan to beat them.

If we can some how beat Adelaide away (the other team on equal pts with us) we should be well placed to really go for 4th spot.

The other team equal on us - Hawthorn - I am assuming will finish top 4.

A lot of water to go under the bridge - fall of the pace and lose one or two close ones or unexpectedly, then we may not even make the 8.

Win 2 of our next 3 and that will tell us more about this season I reckon

Found this ladder predictor on the AFL website yesterday.
Fun and interesting.

I have us:
Finishing 4 with 16 wins
Losing to Swans in Qualifying
Win against GWS in a semi Final.
Losing to Fremantle In Prelimanary

Apologies if I am the only person who did not know this existed.

http://www.afl.com.au/ladder/ladder-predictor