The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Maybe just sneak into the 8 and get blown away in the first final.

Starting to see a pattern here

tigerlove said:
Needed 14 wins in 2014 to make the 8 but assuming only 13 required all that does is get us sneaking into the 8. Certainly haven't kicked on since the 15 wins in 2013. Our current window is really next 2-3 years. At the end of this year quite a few of our current seelected players are 27yo+. Maric, Edwards, Deledio, Reiwoldt, Chaplin, Grigg, Houli. Really unless we can win 9 out of our last 11, 2015 is another disappointing season with at best a 7th or 8th spot.
In reality we are a 7 - 10 team.

I am pretty confident we can beat GWS, Carlton and St Kilda and be 9 - 6. Port made Carlton look good yesterday - I was at the game for the first half and I haven't seen Port turn the ball over so easily - Carlton are playing on passion at the moment but they also turned the ball over when they were put under a bit of pressure.

Port are a really strange team and their game style meant when they didn't pin point their passes or work their buts off, they just cough up the ball - they have a relatively hard run home and I can see them not making it.

North and Geelong will push for the 8 although I cant see Geelong making it now, they have a really tough run home Adelaide (2), Sydney, Haw, Collingwood and also have North and Doggies who are also just outside the 8

So my guess is one change now to the top 8, North in and GWS out and I agree, I cant see us getting beyond 7 or 8.

tigerlove said:
Needed 14 wins in 2014 to make the 8 but assuming only 13 required all that does is get us sneaking into the 8. Certainly haven't kicked on since the 15 wins in 2013. Our current window is really next 2-3 years. At the end of this year quite a few of our current seelected players are 27yo+. Maric, Edwards, Deledio, Reiwoldt, Chaplin, Grigg, Houli. Really unless we can win 9 out of our last 11, 2015 is another disappointing season with at best a 7th or 8th spot.

Didn't we win 12 last year and made the 8?

We will be out of the eight today after the Cats beat the Dees. Then we face a rampant Sydney which on form we will probably lose. Where we are in terms of ladder position is anyone's guess after that. Will we get back into the eight?? Wondering??

kyuss said:

Yes sorry I meant 2012. All I was pointing out is that 13 wins doesn't guarantee a finals berth and if so it gives you a 7th or 8th spot.

graystar1 said:
We will be out of the eight today after the Cats beat the Dees. Then we face a rampant Sydney which on form we will probably lose. Where we are in terms of ladder position is anyone's guess after that. Will we get back into the eight?? Wondering??

Demons, bullies and blues did us a big favour this week.

Next week will be tough but we are good enough this year.

lukeanddad said:
Demons, bullies and blues did us a big favour this week.

Next week will be tough but we are good enough this year.

Sorry, how did the bullies do us a favor?

DirtyDogTiger said:
Over the last 5 weeks we are 4-1. Over the next 4 we should go 3-1.

That's 7-2 with losses to top 4 teams,

Keep doing that, we keep playing finals.

Key word in that is "should".

It's the should that we usually stuff up, as we did earlier this season.

We are in the last leg of the most difficult month any team can have.

Freo Bye WCE Sydney - that's the top three teams in the comp and we are 1-1.

Our SCG record is abysmal. But we are due.

4 losses by 19, 57, 10, 47 at the SCG under Dimma.
The first one was memorable because cousins Connors polo and McGuane brawled at the hotel.
The second one was memorable because they kicked the first 9 goals and I've never got my son back to the footy since.
The third one was memorable because it was pouring rain, Dave astburys knee turned 270 degrees, and a volcano somewhere blew up, grounded all the planes, and the team went home by bus.
The fourth one - was not that memorable

Anyway Sydney aren't playing like the juggernaut of last year.

They've only played the SCG three times this year and lost one to the western Bulldogs in the wet.
I watched the highlights and Sydney were coughing up serious turnovers in dumb spots.
Their defence can bleed like a sewer buts it's all about getting the ball down there.

We beat them last time but they had their best five on ice.
Still, the team thry put out there were pretty keen and we won...but at ANZ. They just hate that ground.
If we have the right attitude and select the right guys, we can FERU the swans.

graystar1 said:
And funnily enough, Gray, they didn't. It's a weird old season this one. Anything can happen.

A bit of luck here and there, a few sneaky goals, a few injuries, etc

Random variation will separate Richmond/West Coast/Collingwood who are all above that middle group of 'can we make the finals?' teams.

We're a 3rd-8th team, instead of a 7th-12th team like a few others.

I have just done the ladder predictor.

Richmond need to beat GWS, GC, St Kilda, Carlton and Essendon and then need to beat two of Sydney, Collingwood, Hawthorn, North, Adelaide or Freo to make finals.

BrisTiger24 said:

Richmond need to beat GWS, GC, St Kilda, Carlton and Essendon and then need to beat two of Sydney, Collingwood, Hawthorn, North, Adelaide or Freo to make finals.

I think we can knock off Pies, Dockers and Crows of that second group. The rest we will battle. Norf always have our number.

BrisTiger24 said:

Yep going to be tough.

At 6-5 now we are probably two wins shy of where we ought to be, given our draw to now.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Im not too concerned about that loss. It happens.
We know we could turn that result around.
WCE were pretty good, they ran ran ran and didn't give the ball back much.
They are top 2 or three at the moment and plsying alright.

I agree, but it all but rules out any chance of a top 4 spot.

kyuss said:

I think with 18 teams thats likely to be a rare occurrence from here on in. could happen this year, but you wouldn't wanna bank on it.