The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

2015. 2014 2013
R1 v Carlton - WIN!!! (27) 1-0. 0-1. 1-0
R2 v BullDogs LOSS (19) 1-1 1-1 2-0
R3 v Brisbane WIN. (79) 2-1 1-2. 3-0
R4 v Melbourne LOSS (32) 2-2 1-3. 3-1
R5 v Geelong LOSS. (9) 2-3 2-3. 3-2
R6 v North. LOSS (35) 2-4 2-4. 3-3
R7 v Collwood. WIN (5) 3-4. 2-5. 4-3
R8 v Power. WIN (33) 4-4 2-6. 5-3
R9 v Essendon WIN (13) 5-4 3-6. 5-4
R10 v Freo. WIN. (27) 6-4 3-7. 6-4
R11 V WCE. 3-8. 7-4
R12 v Sydney. 3-9. 8-4
R13 v Giants 3-10 9-4
R14 v Carlton 4-10. 9-5
R15 v Saints 5-10. 10-5
R16 v FReo. 6-10. 11-5
R17 v Hawks. 7-10. 11-6
R18 v Crows. 8-10. 12-6
R19 v Suns 9-10. 13-6
R20 v Collingwood. 10-10. 13-7
R21 v Essendon 11-10. 14-7
R 22 v North. 12-10. 15-7

:gotigers

SO FOR 13 Wins (make it 14!)

R1 v Carlton - WIN 1 (27)
R2 v BullDogs LOSS. (19)
R3 v Brisbane WIN 2 (79)
R4 v Melbourne LOSS. (32)
R5 v Geelong LOSS. (9)
R6 v North. LOSS (35)
R7 v Collwood. WIN 3 (5)
R8 v Power. WIN 4 (33)
R9 v Essendon WIN 5 (27)
R10 v Freo. WIN 6 (13)
R11. BYE

R12. V WCE. WIN 7
R13. v Sydney. Loss
R14 V. Giants. WIN 8
R15. v Carlton Win 9
R16. v Saints Win 10
R17. v FReo. WIN 11
R18 v Hawks. LOSS
R19. v Crows. LOSS
R20. v Suns WIN 12
R21. v Collingwood LOSS.
R22 v Essendon WIN 13
R 23. v North WIN 14.

hope your right

I just did the ladder predictor and had us finishing on 13 wins and 8th (predicted we would lose against North)

Don't look now but my ladder had Port finishing on 15 wins and in 5th :help

if we beat North as you suggest - that would elevate us to 7th and a final at the G against Collingwood.

Amazing effort in that we have been able to perform the way we have the last month with players such as McIntosh (under 10 games xp) and McBean, Ellis & Menadue (all under 5 games xp).

Real step in the right direction and Ellis/McIntosh in particular really look the goods.

DirtyDogTiger said:
SO FOR 13 Wins (make it 14!)

R1 v Carlton - WIN 1 (27)
R2 v BullDogs LOSS. (19)
R3 v Brisbane WIN 2 (79)
R4 v Melbourne LOSS. (32)
R5 v Geelong LOSS. (9)
R6 v North. LOSS (35)
R7 v Collwood. WIN 3 (5)
R8 v Power. WIN 4 (33)
R9 v Essendon WIN 5 (27)
R10 v Freo. WIN 6 (13)
R11. BYE

R12. V WCE. WIN 7
R13. v Sydney. Loss
R14 V. Giants. WIN 8
R15. v Carlton Win 9
R16. v Saints Win 10
R17. v FReo. WIN 11
R18 v Hawks. LOSS
R19. v Crows. LOSS
R20. v Suns WIN 12
R21. v Collingwood LOSS.
R22 v Essendon WIN 13
R 23. v North WIN 14.

Win the next 2 and we won't lose again for the year.

Given how close this year is - I am surprised that the 8 has suddenly developed a full game separation on the rest of the field.

Teams like North (not convinced) and Port will push hard to get in I reckon. West Coast will be spewing that they gave up the 4 pts to north.

year of the tiger said:
Given how close this year is - I am surprised that the 8 has suddenly developed a full game separation on the rest of the field.

Teams like North (not convinced) and Port will push hard to get in I reckon. West Coast will be spewing that they gave up the 4 pts to north.

Yes it's handy
Due to the draw, we'll still be 8th when we play WCE.
We have an opportunity to turn the march into a full blooded charge after August.

I still think it will be touch and go.

Many 50/50 games.

The pessimist in me has us winning 5 of the next 12. Win more than half of those 50/50 , could see us win maybe 8-9 of our last 12.

Continue this sort of form, maturity , leadership and coaching we make finals. Injuries will be a key factor too for us as we can ill afford to lose our top 5 players.

They have proven me wrong a number of times this year and proven me right other times.
Go Tigers!

I did the AFL Ladder predictor and after Round 23 have us 8th on 14 wins, with North 9th on 13 wins.
According to my assumptions, Rd 23 versus North is huge. Loser misses the finals.
And I can't work out how you can win 13 games and miss the 8.
I have us losing 4 more games - to Freo, Sydney, Adelaide and Collingwood. Win one of these (and all the others including WCE next game) and we're safe.

continue on the current path and I can't see us losing to Adel or Pies.

west coast, sydney, free, hawks and north are all games we could drop.

Our next game becomes absolutely massive now.
Haw 6th play Ade 7th (both on 24 points)
Coll 4th play GWS 5th (both on 28 points)
Port 9th play Gee 10th (both on 20 points)
Win and we go a step closer to cementing a spot, lose and the logjam gets bigger.
Let's not rely on others.....make our own destiny Tigers.

The next month or so will give us a good gauge of the pecking order for this year.

A few side, including us, having a challenging stretch of games. Not convinced on Collingwood or WCE given what i reckon have been relatively easy draws thus far. Think Crows are only mid table at best and not sure how good GWS will end up this year.

Then we have to hope that we can continue our recent form and not fall back into the rubbish served up earlier this year. I am still wary.

Plenty of spots in the 8 up for grabs.

Disco said:
Our next game becomes absolutely massive now.
Haw 6th play Ade 7th (both on 24 points)
Coll 4th play GWS 5th (both on 28 points)
Port 9th play Gee 10th (both on 20 points)
Win and we go a step closer to cementing a spot, lose and the logjam gets bigger.
Let's not rely on others.....make our own destiny Tigers.

Yes it is a big game, as long as we don't have a let down after the bye i'm fairly confident.
The Eagles play the Bombers this week on a 6 day break after coming back from Tassie and then play us on another 6 day break.
Darling is the x factor, he will be back after he kicked 5 goals for East Perth on the weekend, he along with Kennedy, Lecras and Nic Nac when he goes forward will be a big test for our defence.

The bottom 6 are off the pace
Carlton, GC, Bris, Saints, Demons and Bombers and the rest should beat them most times
Top 8 teams Adelaide, West Coast, GWS, and Pies have had relatively easy runs and will be well tested over the rest of the year. There's 12 teams chasing 8 places so it will be a tough year.
But there's lots of places there for any team that can get on a run of wins and we've shown that over the last two seasons we can win streaks of games
Our first third of the season has been about finding a stable squad that can get some continuity together, remember long term injuries to Petterd, Knights, Lambert, Drummond, and Conca and Foley haven't played at all. Vickery, Deledio, Edwards, Grimes, Newman all miss games and our depth players are being tested, but there's now some stability there. And a few finds amongst the kids.

We have several ways we can play and win, mauling contest to contest brawling, open flowing scoring, mixed with a bit of tempo control gives us a few more tools to use than many other teams. I think we'll get on a bit of a run and get deep into the eight, maybe top four if we're lucky with injuries from here.

At the end of Round 13 for the next couple of years there will be a couple of clubs on 3-10 and everyone will be saying "how the hell did Richmond make the finals from this position again?"

It's kind of amazing when you look at clubs like Essendon sitting on 4-6 and nobody thinks they can make the finals from that position. I tip us to win some residual respect soon once the media start making comparisons between us last year and this year's bottom teams and see just how difficult it was for us to do what we did.

All very true

And we've got 2 of the top 4 scalps hanging from our saddle.

Freo at Subi, Collingwood at the MCG.
If we knock off hawthorn and Sydney at the SCG, I'll believe in a grand final happening inside the 70 odd games

would we all agree that these teams cannot make the finals
Carlton
Brisbane
Melbourne
Essendon
Suns
Saints

and that these teams cannot miss out from here
Freo.
WCE.
Sydney
collwood
hawks

leaving..........
BullDogs
Geelong
North
Power.
Giants
Crows.

and us to play for the remaining 3 spots in the eight.

There are 4 teams below us who'll have to win 2 more games than us from here to make the finals. We only need to come third in that middle group to make it.

i like those odds