The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

things looking up but our draw is really not that good in comparision to other sides around us - 9 of our remaining 13 games are agst sides that are currently above us!

R22 - we need to knock off the Roos.
Hopefully our final is already locked awY but winning that one might determine who we play, and where.

But the other thing is that: we just need to bloody beat them because we haven't for a while and it's about time we did.

Great teams don't have bogey teams.

Anyway I was just musing on that because if norths fortunes turn South, they may just put the cue in the rack, send guys for early surgery, and start watching the u18s.

R22 might be a bloody pay back with interest and spite.

DirtyDogTiger said:
R22 - we need to knock off the Roos.
Hopefully our final is already locked awY but winning that one might determine who we play, and where.

But the other thing is that: we just need to bloody beat them because we haven't for a while and it's about time we did.

Great teams don't have bogey teams.

Anyway I was just musing on that because if norths fortunes turn South, they may just put the cue in the rack, send guys for early surgery, and start watching the u18s.

R22 might be a bloody pay back with interest and spite.

R22 is Esserdrugs. Have to wait until R23 for North.

tote said:
things looking up but our draw is really not that good in comparision to other sides around us - 9 of our remaining 13 games are agst sides that are currently above us!

We have just completed our easy part of the draw.

Should have done better than 5-4.

toby64 said:

we have got ourselves out of jail the last few weeks, but may still not make it as i believe we have the toughest run home...
then again, we are 8th now and if we dont make it, we simply dont deserve to be there.

If we can't beat WCE (here), Giants (here), Carlton, Saints, Gold Coast (here) Collingwood, Essendon and North, then we don't deserve to play finals.

joegarra said:
If we can't beat WCE (here), Giants (here), Carlton, Saints, Gold Coast (here) Collingwood, Essendon and North, then we don't deserve to play finals.

We are not going to win all of them as upsets happen, injuries etc, but we are not going to lose all of the games we aren't expected to win either

joegarra said:

Three of those teams are in the top 5 after 10 rounds. Top four sides can lose to other top four sides. Top eight sides can lose to top five sides and still deserve to play finals. If we lose to Carlton and St Kilda, we have serious issues.

toby64 said:

Would have been good to be 7-2 i reckon, really on present form with the comp at the moment the only really easy games which we should win comfortably from now on are the Suns/ Blues/saints, i reckon rest are 50/50 except Freo/Hawks/Swans which we most likely lose.

joegarra said:

on current form - only the North game would be the one I am worried about - agree upsets happen but are less likely if we maintain our current form - the others are certainly winnable

this year, I don't think WCE (at the MCG), Giants (at the MCG) or Collingwood are such daunting games compared to previous years encounters with the top 4 or 5 teams

I guess the freo win makes up for 1 of the bulldogs/melbourne losses, and we're probably back on track now, but just to reiterate - a top 8 finish isn't satisfactory

Ian4 said:
I guess the freo win makes up for 1 of the bulldogs/melbourne losses, and we're probably back on track now, but just to reiterate - a top 8 finish isn't satisfactory

Cheer up grumpy

Ian4 said:

sorry Ian - if you gave me the option before the season starting of losing to say melb but winning against an unbeaten top team away as we have just done, hindsight I agree is a wonderful thing, but give me tonight's win for what it will do to the team confidence any day.

This win has set up our season - last week got it back on track but this one has announced to the team that they can do it.

Agree - top 4 will be where they reset their expectations to now - plenty of work to do starting by beating a top 4 team at the G on a Friday night in 2 weeks time.

tiges said:
Would have been good to be 7-2 i reckon, really on present form with the comp at the moment the only really easy games which we should win comfortably from now on are the Suns/ Blues/saints, i reckon rest are 50/50 except Freo/Hawks/Swans which we most likely lose.

I'm tipping we win all 3 now!!