The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Sintiger said:
I have nightmares about the 2013 elimination final but one thing I do remember is the noise from the Tiger faithful. The sheer volume when the ball was bounced and when the players came on to the field was something i hadn't heard outside a Grand final

Let's do it again :D
Loudest crowd for a game ever I reckon in over 20 years.

The G shook that day and even on the replay,Comettis voice gets drowned out by the noise.
Can't sleep again.
Bring on Sunday!

Midsy said:
Bloody hell, I'm nervous.

Nothing to be nervous about, it's only a match that will either be just another step on the way to achieving something actually substantial or a result that creates a new Richmond record of 4 finals losses in a row and a failed season.

Nothing at all to be nervous about............

David C said:
Nothing to be nervous about, it's only a match that will either be just another step on the way to achieving something actually substantial or a result that creates a new Richmond record of 4 finals losses in a row and a failed season.

Cmon guys we've got this mob covered.
Younger, faster, more structured. Better defence. Better mids. Better flankers. Xfactor in the fwd line.
We're well drilled and composed.

If only the supporters were

David C said:

4? Won't it be 3? Or did we make the finals in 2012 and I missed it?

CarnTheTiges said:

We lost the Prelim in 2001, and lost in 2013 and then in 2014, so another loss would make it 4 in a row.

Don't just believe the inaccurate stuff the club publishes on it's web site.

CarnTheTiges said:

he means finals overall, we lost our last final in 2001 :) . We also lost three finals in 1933, 37 and 39. Our best winning sequence is 7 from 73 to 75

Can hardly sleep. Think about the game all day. Hope the players preparation for Sunday is better than mine. I'm a nervous wreck. Strange thing is I'm supremely confident. No doubt in my mind as to the outcome.

I feel like a kid at Christmas. Tough to sleep atm. Just don't know if there's something awesome waiting for me on Sunday, or crap in a bag with a bow.

I'm dreaming that we have a game like we did against the Pies just a few weeks ago, keep them at arms length and then the floodgates open in the last. The atmosphere would be amazing.

wayne said:
I'm dreaming that we have a game like we did against the Pies just a few weeks ago, keep them at arms length and then the floodgates open in the last. The atmosphere would be amazing.

Id prefer a start like against Freo. Kill the contest in the first 12 minutes please :)

doherz said:
Cmon guys we've got this mob covered.
Younger, faster, more structured. Better defence. Better mids. Better flankers. Xfactor in the fwd line.
We're well drilled and composed.

If only the supporters were

I agree. I feel very confident going into Sunday.

been back from my holiday 4 days now, and I don't feel the slightest bit nervous or tense... although knowing that the finals start today has got me a bit excited.

doherz said:
Id prefer a start like against Freo. Kill the contest in the first 12 minutes please :)
Yep. Essentially what Port did to us last year. Those 50k Port fans in raptures, perpetuated the intimidation. Imagine 70k Tiges faithful doing the same thing. That would be the dream.

As for 90k+, that's what the talk is now. Originally the league was tipping 75-85k. But ticket sales and the weather forecast are suggesting more than that original estimate. Additionally, an MCC member acquaintance was saying to me he thinks the MCC members will really roll up to this one. Given that after this week (with the exception of the Granny), there will only be one more final at the 'G. So if one wants to get their money's worth, why not roll up on the day you know it's going to be a near perfect spring day.

92k, with 65-70k Tigers in the crowd :)

They need to worry about our guys

Houli Chaplin grimes
Batch Rance Newman
Deledio grigg Mcintosh
Lennon Vickery hunt
Lloyd riewoldt griffiths
Maric cotchin miles
Vlastuin martin conca morris edwards Ellis lambert

The march to the Premiership

Elim final v North
Semi v Sydney or Freo (Saturday night)
Prelim v WCE
Grand final v Freo, Adel, Syd, Bulldogs.

Fremantle
West Coast
Hawks
Sydney
Richmond
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide
North

:gotigers

smasha said:
Loudest crowd for a game ever I reckon in over 20 years.

The G shook that day and even on the replay,Comettis voice gets drowned out by the noise.
Can't sleep again.
Bring on Sunday!

Any of you guys at the win against Hawthorn this year? Watched it from the lounge room on TV. But a couple of the pivotal moments in that game seemed really get the Tiges crowd up and about and made the hairs stand up on the neck. The Lambert intercept goal in the 3rd. The Deledio and the Lloyd goals in the last qtr. Sounded pretty intense and loud, even though we were the 'away' side.