The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

spook said:
Glen Luff from Champion Data said the other day that since 2000, at least one of the grand final teams has been in the top three of the 'form ladder' for the last six rounds.

Sydney
Richmond
Port Adelaide

are the top three, in that order, over the last six weeks. The only 5-1 teams in that time.

So Sydney are in?

Hes My Hero said:

• *Snip*
    5. If they lose to Freo the second game would be played at ANZ stadium, a ground of which they have regularly struggled on

• Yep.

If the Swans end up playing the Bullies at ANZ I hope Caleb Daniel isn't picked. He'll fall into one of the holes on the ANZ stadium ground and won't be able to climb back out!!!

DirtyDogTiger said:
My preferred finals route

Elim- North MCG
Semi -sydney SCG
Prelim - Hawks -MCG
GF - Freo MCG
I'd rather play a team that has played every week, like us. Adelaide off back-to-back Perth trips (which will be off back-to-back Vic trips) would be better.

Another stat from Glen Luff was that only 4 of 30 semi-final winners have made the grand final since 2000, but all 4 have gone on to win the flag.

spook said:
I'd rather play a team that has played every week, like us. Adelaide off back-to-back Perth trips (which will be off back-to-back Vic trips) would be better.

Another stat from Glen Luff was that only 4 of 30 semi-final winners have made the grand final since 2000, but all 4 have gone on to win the flag.

that's interesting spooker.

The March to the Grand Final - 2015

Long way to go before we make the big one, but I thought we needed a thread for the possible journey.

Week 1: Kangaroos
Week 2: Sydney or Freo
Week 3: Hawthorn or West Coast
Grand Final: Freo / WC / Haw / Syd

The travel factor this year could see us having back to back finals in Perth, or a Sydney/Perth double.

I'd think our most likely run would be: Kangas, Sydney, Hawthorn, and then our bunnies Freo in October.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
If WCE and Freo win in week one, we'll have to get through consecutive Perth trips to reach the GF.

For that reason alone, go Hawks next week.

No, that could only happen if freo lose this week and west coast win.

Richmond hardest game on the finals is this one...get over this and i think will win semi and prelim as well.

spook said:

I reckon it's only three - Brisbane in 03, Sydney in 05 and WCE in 06.

Bunnerz said:
Richmond hardest game on the finals is this one...get over this and i think will win semi and prelim as well.

agree. Hopefully playing them last week & that first half nervousness is out of their system and back on normal this week.
Honestly think it will be to Richmonds benefit facing them again.

Al Bundy said:
agree. Hopefully playing them last week & that first half nervousness is out of their system and back on normal. Hopefully this week believe RFC they will hit their straps from the word go
Honestly think it will be to Richmonds benefit facing them again.

So assuming no changes to Sunday's team, there are 7 new face in the 2015 elimination final compared to 2013. No Morris, Petterd, Aaron Edwards, King, Jackson, Conca, Tuck. Overall looks a stronger team: their replacements have them covered

RICHMOND ELMINATION FINAL 2013

B Steven Morris, Alex Rance, Dylan Grimes
HB Ricky Petterd, Troy Chaplin, Chris Newman
C Shaun Grigg, Trent Cotchin, Daniel Jackson
HF Nick Vlastuin, Aaron Edwards, Jake King
F Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Ty Vickery
FOL Ivan Maric, Brett Deledio, Shane Edwards
I/C Brandon Ellis, Bachar Houli, Reece Conca
SUB Shane Tuck

And 6 changes from last year's team - no Morris, Conca, Gordon, Griffiths, Foley, Petterd

Again team generally looks stronger though a fit Conca ad Griffiths would have claims.

RICHMOND ELIMIMINATION FINAL 2014
B Chris Newman, Alex Rance, Dylan Grimes
HB Bachar Houli, Troy Chaplin, Steven Morris
C Reece Conca, Trent Cotchin, Anthony Miles
HF Nathan Gordon, Ben Griffiths, Brett Deledio
F Shane Edwards, Jack Riewoldt, Dustin Martin
FOL Ivan Maric, Brandon Ellis, Shaun Grigg
I/C Jake Batchelor, Nick Vlastuin, Nathan Foley
SUB Ricky Petterd

Good one LOTO

If we get the grand final: we could have the easy route

North - MCG
Swans - ANZ (if they lose to freo)
Hawks - MCG (if they beat WCE)
Freo - MCG. (If they get there).

I'm not saying the opponents are easy, but we've beaten them all this year.
But three out of four on the MCG doesn't hurt.

tiges said:
what are the ramifications if we happen to lose Sunday as a club you reckon ?

I don't reckon there'll be any at the end of the day.

Hardwick would come under heavy scrutiny but I think the club will honour the last year of his contract.

Maturity is a word bandied around but we won't know for sure till Sunday.

For the fans ... a loss would be disastrous.

Carter said:
I don't reckon there'll be any at the end of the day.

Hardwick would come under heavy scrutiny but I think the club will honour the last year of his contract.

Maturity is a word bandied around but we won't know for sure till Sunday.

For the fans ... a loss would be disastrous.

no i don't think Dimma would get the boot either, but as a club as a whole and players would be very hard to recover from 3 finals losses in a row i reckon.

Yes would hurt fans a lot i think .

I can't believe how much hate and negativity has been labelled at the RFC this week.

Sure I can cop the simple fact that we need to peform and win a final, our first in over a decade. It's not rocket science.

But all this pure jealousy and clutching at straws re tunnelling where there are bigger stories such as

- Western Bulldogs
- Adelaide after the tragedy this year
- Player depression
- Substance abuse
- Culture at the GC

#leaverichmondalone

I hope you @#$@%@#%@ morons come Sunday choke on your words.