The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

jb03 said:
Bit of sugarcoating there. West Coast and Adelaide smashed us and there have been some so so wins against poor teams.
West Coast didn't smash us.

We should just take a moment before the real stuff starts and remember that we were 2-4 and finished 15-7. I am ashamed to say that I was very close to joining the" time for a change" brigade after the North debacle in Tassie but this team has some serious resilience and character

jb03 said:
Bit of sugarcoating there. West Coast and Adelaide smashed us and there have been some so so wins against poor teams.
Yep going to sleep v saints. Not as costly as capitulation v Blues 2013 but not going to be a winning strategy for next. 4 weeks. There is too much on this forum that suggest the players decide when they go hard and when they slack off.

TigerForce said:
I don't care if the Dogs take 5th spot and we finish 6th. I'd rather risk Adelaide at the G who don't have a good record there (3-11 in last 14 games since 2009) than the Tankeroos.

While I'd prefer to play Adelaide, I'd rather finish 5th. If we win we'll play the loser of freo v Sydney... which is a game we can win. 6th place means either west coast away or Hawthorn. A much tougher draw IMO

Ian4 said:
While I'd prefer to play Adelaide, I'd rather finish 5th. If we win we'll play the loser of freo v Sydney... which is a game we can win.
Agree, and then we would play the winner of haw/WC (vic/wa) to go to the GF against either of: freo, Syd, WB, Adel - 3 interstaters and a pup....so 1 or 2 interstate trips and 3/4 chance of an interstate team at the G, compared to:
Adelaide, loser WC/Haw (vic/WA), winner of freo/Syd (interstate) and a GF of: WC, Haw, NM, WB....1 or 2 interstate trips to qualify and 1/4 chance of interstate team for the GF.
.... I think

What a bloody good feel, waking up on the Saturday before finals start, knowing worst case scenario is that we take on the Roos at the G next week an if a small miracle happens we get a double chance. Finals footy what it's all about, cmon Tiges

CC TIGER said:
What a bloody good feel, waking up on the Saturday before finals start, knowing worst case scenario is that we take on the Roos at the G next week an if a small miracle happens we get a double chance. Finals footy what it's all about, cmon Tiges

Agree with your sentiments CC. Just a note of "darkside " warning. If we play like we did in the first half next Sunday, then look out. Did you see the looks on the faces of the "rested" north players in the stand during that horrible first half. They looked like the cat that swallowed the cream. They must have been licking their lips in anticipation at that stage. Not so smug after we hit the front and spanked them though.

graystar1 said:
Agree with your sentiments CC. Just a note of "darkside " warning. If we play like we did in the first half next Sunday, then look out. Did you see the looks on the faces of the "rested" north players in the stand during that horrible first half. They looked like the cat that swallowed the cream. They must have been licking their lips in anticipation at that stage. Not so smug after we hit the front and spanked them though.
Not that is surprises me but Brad Scott has been incredibly smug as well.....hopefully we got that bad half out of the system

CC TIGER said:

Also get to sit back and watch a four-way battle for ninth. It's nice to see how the other half lives.

We're travelling better than in either of the past two years. Bring 'em on.

CC TIGER said:
Not that is surprises me but Brad Scott has been incredibly smug as well.....hopefully we got that bad half out of the system
I think the first half was a reaction to North's tactics and we weren't quite sure how to deal with it. Still hard to get used to us being a side that can just turn it on when they need to. I still don't think North have done themselves any favours by resting players the week before the finals. The smart move is to do it gradually from a few weeks out, but of course Norf weren't good enough to assure themselves of finals spot until the week before. Yeah they got a look at us, but they would have done that regardless. Now, they've managed to play Martin and Vickery into form and confidence. Hunt also did a very nice number on old man Harvey when he came in off the bench.

Mentally switching off is fairly natural with nothing to play for and an eye on the finals.

Hawks last week, doggie, crows and us in the first half. Nth had ten players getting their only chance to win spot in the finals line up. They got early momentum from a very exciting individual effort from Magic. We had a couple of almost goals and lacked some hunger.

From there we got some desire and nth played us into form, the perfect prep for a 9 day brake before a massive final at the G.

Like ross would say proof will be in the pudding.

But hardly surprised that a sluggish first half is basis for the sky falling around here.

CC TIGER said:

unbelievable and feels pretty dam good

[quote author=ninjahaha]
But hardly surprised that a sluggish first half is basis for the sky falling around here.
[/quote]

Yep. Bunch of professional sad sacks on here ninja. They'd win lotto and then complain they they didn't win it the week before too.

antman said:
Yep. Bunch of professional sad sacks on here ninja. They'd win lotto and then complain they they didn't win it the week before too.

They'd view it as winning a million dollars minus the cost of the ticket, then complain they didn't get reimbursed for the ticket and go to A Current Affair.

Newman said:
Assuming Sydney win, is it confirmed our game vs norf will be on Sunday? I really hope not for my sake...somebody please confirm.

Not confirmed but speculated. 9 day break to freshen up.

I know top 4 sides play Friday and Saturday night

Going by previous years 5th v 8th normally Sunday afternoon.

But to me the smartest thing to do is play Rich v Roos Saturday as we both played yesterday
And Dogs v Crows Sunday as they both played today and traveled.

But we are talking AFL!

So Dogs v Crows Saturday watch!!

B2