The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Just looking at the ladder

Am I right in saying we'd be top of the ladder right now if it wasn't for a shocker in the final 2 minutes against freo.
we would be second 1 game behind 1st

axlefoley said:
Not confirmed but speculated. 9 day break to freshen up.

Thanks axe and B1...praying the speculation is wrong. Got a family members wedding and will get disowned (by the other halfs side) if I go to the footy, but will destroy me if I don't attend the game...lose lose situation for me...

Come on GC, beat the swannies, for my sake! :mad: :help

Tommy H said:
There is no team in this finals comp that we should fear.

Funnily enough I think our opponent next week might be our hardest. If we get over them anything can happen.

Ridley said:
Funnily enough I think our opponent next week might be our hardest. If we get over them anything can happen.

You maybe surprised of how easily we dispose of them next week mate.

Tommy H said:
You maybe surprised of how easily we dispose of them next week mate.

I like your confidence and hope you are right.

No one can deny the trouble they have continually given us over the past few years though. We have really struggled against them for some reason.

Hopefully the wheel has turned.

Ridley said:
I like your confidence and hope you are right.

No one can deny the trouble they have continually given us over the past few years though. We have really struggled against them for some reason.

Hopefully the wheel has turned.

Believe me when I say that I've been around and suffered like a lot of us over the past 30+ years. In North, we have nothing to fear mate. We have them well and truly covered. The boys will be out for blood next week. Get around them.

23.21.159 said:
What happens if the Swans lose 51-54 ?

Both teams equal on points and percentage.

I believe that Richmond would be given 4th spot and Sydney 5th on account of Richmond beating Sydney in their only meeting this year.

Why are we playing on Sunday and not Saturday?

Given the winner of 5 v 8 will have to travel in week 2 regardless of results, surely they should be playing on Saturday to give the most recovery time?

The theory I heard was to give Adelaide the best chance to travel home on Saturday night for week 2?

Stuff Adelaide. They are 7th. We are 5th. They should get no favours ahead of us.

DirtyDogTiger said:
No

The 4 points would go from them to us

We'd still be behind WCE by half a game, Hawks and Swans on percentage, and ahead of Freo on percentage but under that scenario they wouldn;t have thrown today's game (4 pts) and percentage (if they'd still lost today but by less).

So it may not have made any any difference at all!

DragicevicFan said:
Why are we playing on Sunday and not Saturday?

Given the winner of 5 v 8 will have to travel in week 2 regardless of results, surely they should be playing on Saturday to give the most recovery time?

The theory I heard was to give Adelaide the best chance to travel home on Saturday night for week 2?

Stuff Adelaide. They are 7th. We are 5th. They should get no favours ahead of us.

because one of the semi's will be friday night, so the teams playing that semi cant play Sunday. if we play Sunday our semi v Swans will be Sat night. Fri night will be loser of Weagles/Hawks v winner Dogs/Crows.

Brodders17 said:
because one of the semi's will be friday night, so the teams playing that semi cant play Sunday. if we play Sunday our semi v Swans will be Sat night. Fri night will be loser of Weagles/Hawks v winner Dogs/Crows.

Good explanation.

Glen Luff from Champion Data said the other day that since 2000, at least one of the grand final teams has been in the top three of the 'form ladder' for the last six rounds.

Sydney
Richmond
Port Adelaide

are the top three, in that order, over the last six weeks. The only 5-1 teams in that time.

spook said:
Glen Luff from Champion Data said the other day that since 2000, at least one of the grand final teams has been in the top three of the 'form ladder' for the last six rounds.

Sydney
Richmond
Port Adelaide

are the top three, in that order, over the last six weeks. The only 5-1 teams in that time.

Swans could give Freo a real shake. Beat the Dockers and they're a huge chance for the Granny.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
If WCE and Freo win in week one, we'll have to get through consecutive Perth trips to reach the GF.

For that reason alone, go Hawks next week.

We play Sydney next week if they lose

• St Kevin said:
    Swans could give Freo a real shake. Beat the Dockers and they're a huge chance for the Granny.

Swans won't make it to the big dance for 5 reasons.

1. Form is all over the place.

2. Fatigue settling in.

3. Injuries starting to occur in key play makers.

4. If they meet the Tiges in the second week look out !

5. If they lose to Freo the second game would be played at ANZ stadium, a ground of which they have regularly struggled on.