The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

BrisTiger24 said:
I'm staggered you think I know a fair bit about the game!!

Anyway, out of interest, I played out the various scenarios in the ladder predictor:

Sydney finish 4th:

Week 1 v Freo (away)
Week 2 v Richmond (home)

Sydney finish 5th:

Week 1 v North (home)
Week 2 v Richmond (away)

I'm assuming they/Richmond lose to Freo week 1. I'm also assuming, they/we beat North in week 1.

Interestingly, we will play Sydney week 2 regardless of 4th v 5th finish, only difference is where it is played.

I maintain Sydney will be better off finishing 5th.

Richmond have beaten Sydney in Sydney last 2 times the teams have met - Sydney doesn't appear to have a distinct advantage in that area.
Also, Sydney will be facing Richmond on the back of a trip to Perth in week 1 against a Richmond side not scared of playing in Sydney.

Richmond v Sydney is the same game regardless of where it's played. If I'm Sydney, I'd rather play Richmond at the G on the back of beating North at the SCG rather than on the way back from a bruising encounter v Freo in Perth.

Just me and I don't think any team would play with fire like this in the finals but just an interesting observation.

You cant just assume they will lose to Freo BT.

They are every chance of rolling them thus getting a week off and a home prelim.

Chimptastic said:
Sydney won't be so dismissive of their chances of beating Freo and getting a home prelim to set themselves up to win the flag.

Didn't Freo go out in straight sets last year?

And the cost of taking that chance is getting a home final vs Richmond compared to getting an away final vs Richmond.

Not sure they'd want an away final badly enough to throw away a chance at a flag.

Perfectly said.

2015. 2014 2013
R1 v Carlton - WIN!!! (27) 1-0. 0-1. 1-0
R2 v BullDogs LOSS (19) 1-1 1-1 2-0
R3 v Brisbane WIN. (79) 2-1 1-2. 3-0
R4 v Melbourne LOSS (32) 2-2 1-3. 3-1
R5 v Geelong LOSS. (9) 2-3 2-3. 3-2
R6 v North. LOSS (35) 2-4 2-4. 3-3
R7 v Collwood. WIN (5) 3-4. 2-5. 4-3
R8 v Power. WIN (33) 4-4 2-6. 5-3
R9 v Essendon WIN (13) 5-4 3-6. 5-4
R10 v Freo. WIN. (27) 6-4 3-7. 6-4
R11 V WCE. LOSS (20) 6-5 3-8. 7-4
R12 v Sydney. WIN. (18) 7-5 3-9. 8-4
R13 v Giants WIN. (9) 8-5 3-10 9-4
R14 v Carlton WIN. (30) 9-5 4-10. 9-5
R15 v Saints Win. (16). 10-5 5-10. 10-5
R16 v FReo. LOSS (4). 10-6 6-10. 11-5
R17 V Hawth. WIN (18) 11-6 7-10. 11-6
R18 v Crows. LOSS (36) 11-7 8-10. 12-6
R19 v Suns WIN. (83) 12-7 9-10. 13-6
R20 v Collingwood. WIN (91) ;D. 13-7 10-10. 13-7
R21 v Essendon WIN (27) 14-7 11-10. 14-7
R 22 v North. Win (41) 15-7 12-10. 15-7

:gotigers
[/quote]

About 115 points.
It depends on how high scoring the game is, but based on the season average for Bulldogs games of 175-point aggregate, they would need to win it 145-30 to overtake us.

waiting said:
Good work DDT

What do the Bullies need to win by to take 5 th spot off us as Sydney will not drop their game.

100 points plus, exact figure depends on how many points Brisbane kick.

DirtyDogTiger said:
How much do carlton need to win by, for us to go above hawthorn!!

Prepared this earlier as I thought someone might ask. Around 508 points give or take.

Big difference with prior two finals series is that previously we limped into the finals, whereas this yeat we virtually have a fully fit list and playing complete football.

DirtyDogTiger said:
;D
Oh gawd,
Here we are barracking for carlton again
It never works

Honestly, I still don't think I could barrack for the Blues if there was a chance to get us in the 4.

feisty tige said:
So now we hope Leppa does enough for us? Go Lions...

I don't care if the Dogs take 5th spot and we finish 6th. I'd rather risk Adelaide at the G who don't have a good record there (3-11 in last 14 games since 2009) than the Tankeroos.

TigerForce said:
I don't care if the Dogs take 5th spot and we finish 6th. I'd rather risk Adelaide at the G who don't have a good record there than the Tankeroos.

I think Dogs will be preserving energy. They just need to win.

Looking at that list we have had a seriously good run since our 2-4 opening.
The only losses have been WCE when we were coming off the bye - and only lost by 20, Freo when we were the better team anyway, and Adelaide when supposedly half the team had the flu.
The game against the Giants was the only real dip in form ?!?!?.

23.21.159 said:
Looking at that list we have had a seriously good run since our 2-4 opening.
The only losses have been WCE when we were coming off the bye - and only lost by 20, Freo when we were the better team anyway, and Adelaide when supposedly half the team had the flu.
The game against the Giants was the only real dip in form ?!?!?.

Bit of sugarcoating there. West Coast and Adelaide smashed us and there have been some so so wins against poor teams.

jb03 said:
Bit of sugarcoating there. West Coast and Adelaide smashed us and there have been some so so wins against poor teams.

has any side not been smashed? And had some so so wins against poor teams?