The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

I think we have the game to beat the doggies now. They beat us on the hop earlier in the season when no one realised they were any good.

We are really good at shutting down teams run and the dogies are all about the fast break.

Adelaide are the form side at the moment so they'd be the least of the three I'd like to play.

Doggies
Norf
Crows

I would prefer nth at the g as our first final.

The only problem is playing them the week before.

Two games in a row against one side is clouding the water. Will have a huge factor in the game we need to win the most. The elim Fin al ee.

Think the Wobbles Saints GF rematch. Such a totally different result than the week B$ :nailbiting

Yeah, I have a similar fear.

I wonder if L2R can dredge up stats about sides that have played against each on consecutive weeks?

Straight sets 3 years in a row.
Thanks to the Melbourne loss and Houli's kick in....
Petrie loves Rance.
Harvey loves Houli
And Hansen 3 votes for his 45 intercept marks..

The Mole said:
Too true. I spoke with one of our elite players last week and he said it felt different this time heading to the finals. He said there is a steely resolve of unfinished business and no real joy at making the finals.

This I hope will be the difference this year.
Disappointment creates resolve.
Bring it on.

year of the tiger said:
please enlighten me because on the surface your comment seems just stupid - North nothing to play for, what the. ..... No team wants to lose two games against fellow top 5 to 8 teams in the lead up to the final.

North are 8th for a reason, the are the 8th best team in the top 8 and they got easily beaten against a team every one thought was too young, too tired from playing in the west the week before, not hardened enough against fellow top 8 team and a team they have beaten recently.

Our situation hasn't changed and to me its pretty simple - lets just win the next 5 games ;D, a big ask but if we start of well this Friday, there is a good chance we wont travel from Melbourne except for 1 game out of the next 5.

We cant worry about who we play, lets just take on whoever is there to play.

My only concern coming into the finals was losing to North on Friday and then playing them again the following week - that is not going to happen and finally, we will not play that badly against Adelaide twice in a row.

OK, so not literally NOTHING to play for but the fact that we need to win on Friday puts us on a massive disadvantage. We have to plan to win that game whereas North has the luxuary of being able to plan to win the following week (e.g. keeping tactical tricks up their sleeves, playing with key match ups, injuring key RFC players, resting key North players, etc).

Re us being better than North, while I agree, I also think there is an element of paper-rock-scissors to footy these days. We get the better of some superior teams (e.g. hawks) and can't beat the bloody kangas. The disadvantage above is going to make it even tougher.

zippadeee said:
Straight sets 3 years in a row.
Thanks to the Melbourne loss and Houli's kick in....
Petrie loves Rance.
Harvey loves Houli
And Hansen 3 votes for his 45 intercept marks..

What's Houlis kick out got to do with this weeks game? We beat Freo that day and we are still 5th! And still need Sydney to lose if we want to make top 4. That result has nothin to do with this weeks game.

You forgot to put in there 3 wins against top 4 team.

If you think negative you will lose..

b2

Can't handle all these scenarios it's doing my head in, I can't imagine what is going through our players minds.

Win or lose this Friday, we will be playing finals, anything can happen. Luck, no injuries, and coming up against teams with injuries/suspesions can get us to the big dance and win it.

the houli kick doesn't matter..if we had of won that game ,we would still be 5th as swans percentage is now superior after their slaughter of the saints..

but id rather play north twice
than go to the crows fortress first week of finals

either way its going to be absolutely worrying and nerve wracking.....im convinced we are only a half chance to win our first final...i guess I'm just conditioned after decades of heartache to expect the best

Shouldn't our team just be thinking, bring it on, anywhere, anytime because if we believe we are good enough then we should be able to take on anyone anywhere and expect to win. You develop a mindset like that and the opportunity is limitless.

arlobill said:
the houli kick doesn't matter..if we had of won that game ,we would still be 5th as swans percentage is now superior after their slaughter of the saints..

but id rather play north twice
than go to the crows fortress first week of finals

either way its going to be absolutely worrying and nerve wracking.....im convinced we are only a half chance to win our first final...i guess I'm just conditioned after decades of heartache to expect the best
Adelaide wasn't a fortress for us until 4 weeks ago. We have won consistently against the crows there in recent years and we can do it again

I wish we'd taken a big scalp just before the finals instead of coasting to 2 wins over inferior sides. I suspect the Crows' victory over the Eagles is going to prove a big psychological boost for them going into the finals. I hope our lads can rise to the occasion on Friday night. That's when "big boys" football will be required Dimma.

We are good enough on our day to take any team in the league. We just need the team to collectively turn up to play on the day. Lately we don't know who is going to turn up, Jekyll or Hyde.

UKTiger said:
We are good enough on our day to take any team in the league. We just need the team to collectively turn up to play on the day. Lately we don't know who is going to turn up, Jekyll or Hyde.

Thats just not correct, we have dropped one game more than 3rd Hawks and 4th Swans.... More often than not we bring enough for the W and of late we are putting teams away! Sure were not perfect but no team is, look at Hawks vs Port, WCE vs Suns etc etc

UKTiger said:
Depends on what you want really, Jekyll is a measured man of letters, Hyde is a mindless beast with matchless strength and ferocity. You can use both on a football field on any given day.

axlefoley said:
Can't handle all these scenarios it's doing my head in, I can't imagine what is going through our players minds.

Win or lose this Friday, we will be playing finals, anything can happen. Luck, no injuries, and coming up against teams with injuries/suspesions can get us to the big dance and win it.

Want to keep it simple?

Keep winning