The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

If we win Friday night and finish 5th will we play Sunday . Am looking at flights accom etc . but with 2 perth games not sure how the schedule pans out .

Kangas resting core players. The tank is on.

2013: Carlton
2014: Port
2015: North

I hate all 3 of these teams as much as any!

Chimptastic said:
Kangas resting core players. The tank is on.

2013: Carlton
2014: Port
2015: North

I hate all 3 of these teams as much as any!

If Kangas are looking to lose to avoid a trip to Adelaide, I hope for everything I'm worth that Gold Coast upset Sydney and we thrash Kangas after they rest all their players. We leapfrog Sydney to finish 4th and Kangas have to travel to Sydney for week 1 of finals.

Now that would be an up yours to the Kangas of epic proportions.

If you really think about the most likely scenario, it's actually the Bulldogs finishing 5th, not us.

Don't get me wrong, I think we'll win. But if the dogs win by 70 points more then they'll finish above us and play north at etihad.

We'll play Adelaide at the G.

Brisbane are going to be worse than useless on Saturday.

You can take a 100 point belting to the bank I reckon.

Can't see us beating north by more than 30 points.

Carter said:
If you really think about the most likely scenario, it's actually the Bulldogs finishing 5th, not us.

Don't get me wrong, I think we'll win. But if the dogs win by 70 points more then they'll finish above us and play north at etihad.

maybe. But They'll play it by ear. They'll coast to a win with an eye on the finals, thats all they'll do, how big that win will be will depend in Brisbane's resistance. They won't bust a gut to chase a long shot, or even medium shot the week before finals. Definately not a remote possibility though.

tigersnake said:
maybe. But They'll play it by ear. They'll coast to a win with an eye on the finals, thats all they'll do, how big that win will be will depend in Brisbane's resistance. They won't bust a gut to chase a long shot, or even medium shot the week before finals. Definately not a remote possibility though.

Agree that the dogs won't bust a gut, but they'd also prefer to play North I'd wager.

Adelaide at Etihad could be tricky.

If we beat north by four goals they'll go for it I reckon.

Carter said:

I guess if they don't want the spoon they will go all out and try for a win but if they do that then they miss 1st draft pick.

tiges said:
I guess if they don't want the spoon they will go all out and try for a win but if they do that then they miss 1st draft pick.

It'll be witches hats Tiges.

What I'd really like to happen is for North to rest as many as they want. We come out and completely smash them. The Bulldogs win, but fail to reach our percentage, Sydney lose badly and finish 5th, we finish 4th and then Roos find out that their carefully laid plans have condemned them to an EF in Sydney against a team they struggle against at the best of times. I'd also fancy our chances against Freo over there.

Carter said:
It'll be witches hats Tiges.

i would find it hilarious though if North beat us , but lions performed a minor miracle and beat dogs and crows beat cats , North would have to travel to Adelaide as crows would leap frog everyone into 5th spot and Roos would stay 8th because of %.

tiges said:
i would find it hilarious though if North beat us , but lions performed a minor miracle and beat dogs and crows beat cats , North would have to travel to Adelaide as crows would leap frog everyone into 5th spot and Roos would stay 8th because of %.
Crows gave them a nice old touch up over there at the start of the season, too. Wouldn't it be great to see that enormous sook Scott get it handed to him again.

CarnTheTiges said:
Crows gave them a nice old touch up over there at the start of the season, too. Wouldn't it be great to see that enormous sook Scott get it handed to him again.

yer i can't stand Scott.

Peeved off though bloody North are in a better spot than us right now, they lose fri night they play us again, they win they play the bulldogs . Thats if all other games go as planned dogs over lions, crows over cats. I reckon Dogs will lose whoever they play i just reckon the occasion may get them as most of there team never played in one before.

lol , tigers can't win we thrash a few sides like GC and Pies and its coming back to haunt us.

The top 8 ladder (rounds 7 to 22)
That's the last 15 games
Not factoring in %
Also results v opponent 2013-2015.

Rich 12-3
Haw 12-3. WLW
WCE. 11.5-3.5. LWW
Freo 11-4. LWLWL
Sydney 11-4. WWLL
North 10-5 LLL
Westies. 10-5. LLWW
Adelaide 9.5 - 5.5. WWL

SO we shouldn't feel like their are any invincible teams in our group.
I'm glad we've got an opportunity to beat North.
The only thing better is executing then in a final