The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

TOT70 said:
This is going to be a seriously good finals series. All 8 teams are in form and all 8 teams can realistically claim that they can beat anyone at any time.

........except, in our case, Melbourne.

Lucky they are not there!
Our record against the top 8
2013-2015

FREO LWLWL
WCE LWW
HAW WLWW*
SYD WWLL
WBD. LLWW
Adel. LWW
NTH. LLL

*may have been 2012 ;D

St Kevin said:
The Cats will want to send off some of their retirees in style as well.

Unfortunately those retires will be playing and they look spent.
Be a small miracle if Geelong win
But I do believe in miracles, I do.

Last year we snuck into 8th with 12 wins, so it's frustrating that we have to win 15 games just to guarantee a home elimination final

If I had to pick a team not to play it would have been *smile* north. Have the wood over us massively. But to play north in final we must beat then in rd 23 so some hoodoo will be broken. I hope we don't fall into: win, get lulled into a false sense of security and then play em again in the final and they come out n smash us. Win rd 23 all happy and confident we can beat em again, then bang....Can see that scenario happening! Errrr

you would have to think we are a lot better than the 93 points we conceded in turnovers when we faced them in Hobart. Yes they have been one of those teams we have struggled to beat but I think, as we have all seen, our best can beat anyone. Simple at that. We rock up and play scintillating football over the next few weeks, anything is possible.

keepa lids onit said:
If I had to pick a team not to play it would have been *smile* north. Have the wood over us massively. But to play north in final we must beat then in rd 23 so some hoodoo will be broken. I hope we don't fall into: win, get lulled into a false sense of security and then play em again in the final and they come out n smash us. Win rd 23 all happy and confident we can beat em again, then bang....Can see that scenario happening! Errrr

Rather play North than the Crows now.

yep did ladder predictor...if we beat nth this week, we play em again the following week.
if we lose...we will more than likely play Adelaide in Adelaide

i would say if we play nth...odds would be week one of finals
RIch $1.70
Nth $2.10

if we play crows

Crows $1.40
Tigers $2.90

ToraToraTora said:
North will want to play us as well! They'll tank it.
[/quote

Agreed. Like freo, it's in their best interests to rest any slightly injured players and not declare their hand.

Carter said:
done me ol' ladder predictor again.

no doubt about it - we gotta beat north.

Yes must beat North this week.
If we don't we will really be looking down the barrel against the crows in Adelaide.

asian tetley said:
Yes must beat North this week.
If we don't we will really be looking down the barrel against the crows in Adelaide.
If we are losing to North at half time by 3 goals or more we should just completely throw the game, let them beat us by over 100 points so that we play doggies in Melbourne rather than Adelaide at home. I'd like to see Knights, Dea and Cotch come in for Newy, Thomas and Lloyd. See what happens and best case scenario we thrash North by 20 goals, Knights kicks 4, has 30 possessions, North are held goalless in the first half, TV kicks 10 straight etc etc....

Last 2 times we have played North we have played them when we have been playing *smile*.

Got 6 goals up on them last year and let them storm past us, and butchered the ball earlier this year worse than any time I can remember.

North are average. They should not hold any fear for us.

Physically we are good enough. Its upstairs over the next week(s) that will largely determine how far we go.

Playing Adelaide in Adelaide doesn't really bother me. What does bother me is too much interstate travel. If we beat Adelaide over there, we'd then head interstate the following week if the Hawks win. Possibly to Perth. Maybe even Sydney after that.
So this week is a must win.
If we do get over the Roos in the first final I'd be confident heading interstate for final 2.

joegarra said:
if we just win, and Bulldogs belt Brisbane they may go above us, we would then play Adelaide at the G
ahhh very good point...

just worked that out, if we win and dogs win by approx 80+ we played adelaide at (G)

toby64 said:
Its upstairs over the next week(s) that will largely determine how far we go.
Too true. I spoke with one of our elite players last week and he said it felt different this time heading to the finals. He said there is a steely resolve of unfinished business and no real joy at making the finals.

toby64 said:
Last 2 times we have played North we have played them when we have been playing sh!t.

Got 6 goals up on them last year and let them storm past us, and butchered the ball earlier this year worse than any time I can remember.

North are average. They should not hold any fear for us.

Physically we are good enough. Its upstairs over the next week(s) that will largely determine how far we go.

North caved under the Bullies heat. They just kept bringing it. Typical lolnorf. (I like lolnorf). And our back 6 is a totally different beast now.
As long as we can keep the scoreboard ticking over we can get this done twice. 5% off our tucker, and we get rolled.

joegarra said:
if we just win, and Bulldogs belt Brisbane they may go above us, we would then play Adelaide at the G

another very real possibility, they could easily win by 80 plus on a carpet-like Gabba.

Given this years evenness of the 8, I don't think any of the 3 other teams in the elimination finals will be an easy game - or an easier game (perhaps except for Adelaide away which would be tricky). Strangely, I would prefer to play Freo or Sydney away or Hawthorn in Melb than I would of Doggies / North or Adelaide. Any of those three can turn it on and score very quickly so after this weekend (when every result seemed to make it harder for the tigers) I have decided that it is not worth worrying about.

I think our aim has to be purely to get an elimination final at the G, and then I don't care who we play to be honest and I reckon that is the way Hardwick is looking at it (4th spot is just not going to happen). The tigers wont therefore rest players or play games on Friday - it will be all out for the 4 pts and to get a monkey (or roo) off our back).