The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Tommy H said:
Finals are a whole new ball game as everyone knows. I've got confidence that no matter who we play the boys will give a great contest. We've grown as a side this year. The side will remember especially that inept performance in the last final and will be hell bent this year on redemption.

Ah yes the loss that was burning in the guts all summer.

if we win we play north at the G. if we lose we play adelaide in adelaide. must win

Can't wait to play Norf at the G with the 70,000 strong Yellow n' Black Army. They'll be lucky to get all 8 of their members to the game (particularly the 3 that live in Hobart).

Sintiger said:
Come on guys it's simple.

Beat north and we get to play at the MCG against North or adelaide in front of a massive Tiger crowd.

We beat North we can only play North in week 1 .... As we will be 5th and they 8th.

UNLESS... Dogs thrash lions and improve % by 5%. Would think that's a 20 plus goal win.

22nd Man said:
We hadn't beaten Colingwood for yonks.
So Adelaide pumps us we thrash Pies they monster Cats but crows can't beat cats?

Adelaide has played just 17 games in 24 years at Kardinia Park with a 3-14 record. Can happen.

Columbo said:
Can't wait to play Norf at the G with the 70,000 strong Yellow n' Black Army. They'll be lucky to get all 8 of their members to the game (particularly the 3 that live in Hobart).

Add the 500 media North lovers.

TigerForce said:
Adelaide has played just 17 games in 24 years at Kardinia Park with a 3-14 record. Can happen.

Good stat. If cats do win that will show their home ground advantage is worth 10 goals beacause that's the current form margin. ffs they drew with st kilda. If it was us heading down there to have to win next week, anyone bringing up our KP record as being a potential issue would be howled down. I love the passion, the irrationality on these pages does annoy like Dwayne Russell hype.

Most likely is:

We finish 5th.
We beat Norf in EF1.
We play Swans at SCG in SF1.

Gives you the *smile* that 3 of the top 4 had to be non-Vics.

TigerForce said:

The Cats will want to send off some of their retirees in style as well.

22nd Man said:
We beat North we can only play North in week 1 .... As we will be 5th and they 8th.

UNLESS... Dogs thrash lions and improve % by 5%. Would think that's a 20 plus goal win.

It is doable. If we have a close win, say by less than 10 points and they win by 10-12 goals, the Dogs will just about be there.

In fact, their game will be running about a quarter behind Adelaide's game so at Three quarter time they will know the other results and will be able to choose their opponent, assuming they don't try to make a mad dash at building their percentage just in case Sydney lose.

St Kevin said:
The Cats will want to send off some of their retirees in style as well.

Yep. Should pump them up a bit. Don't know why some are worried about the Crows when we can easily beat the pansy Kangas.

Just about the worst weekend of results since I can remember on the weekend.. the only way it could have been worse is if we'd lost. Biggest game in Dimmas coaching career this week. Winning a final is the minimum expectation this year and he'll be making it extremely hard for himself with a loss this week.

Edit: plus I won't be able to afford to go to Adelaide.

North should rest ten players in Round 23. We flog them then they have a fresh side for the rematch.

Ian4 said:
Just about the worst weekend of results since I can remember on the weekend.. the only way it could have been worse is if we'd lost. Biggest game in Dimmas coaching career this week. Winning a final is the minimum expectation this year and he'll be making it extremely hard for himself with a loss this week.

Edit: plus I won't be able to afford to go to Adelaide.
Yes, not oozing with confidence like some here after Dons win. We played rubbish; sure conditions were awful but our skill level looked really poor again with terrible field and goal kicking e.g. Jack's kicked well all year; suddenly back kicking helicopters that almost spin right sideways!
Roos a bogey team for us. A loss and we get Crows at home; maybe the form team of the comp whose ruck and midfield destroyed us just 3 weeks ago.
That loss to Freo has hurt us (7 posters!). We'll have to do it the hard way now. Would love to have Griffiths and Cellis available. My concern is who will stop Petrie and their 4 small forwards. Even Rance is not a good match-up on Petrie and only Grimes can match smalls for speed. Might have to bring Morris in. I think Dimma has erred in not giving any games to Astbury or Dea too just to give these extra options AFL experience pre-finals.

Dyer'ere said:
North should rest ten players in Round 23. We flog them then they have a fresh side for the rematch.

I'm expecting that. Forces Syd to win their game.
Other games predicting the following;;
Including 12 changes for the Fremantle team due to "soreness". (Who knows if free will win)
West coke will win their next match for the home final as they went bruise free for travelling this week as Haw to cont to win to ensure wc to win their game for home final.
Nth wasting their time to win. Lose to the Tigers as I predict maintain a game in Melb.
Adel to win to aim for 6th, thus forcing Dogs to win for home final.

freo ? Win,
Haw, Tigers, Syd, adel, dogs, wc to win
Nth lose.

Other games no care factor.

If North tanks it against us, we're good enough to cruise to an arms-length victory without breaking a sweat, like we have against plenty of ordinary sides this year (most recently on Saturday). Then the following week, it's game on, and we'll hit 'em with the blitz. Goldstein has to carry them to victory to beat us.